Ebon Gate 2022 09/08/2022 06:14 PM CDT
This year we are introducing the realm of Naidem, the land between where those that have died but are not ready to move on, or the respective deities are not ready to claim them, reside. This will be the new, permanent grounds for the Festival of Ebon Gate.

Evermore Hollow
The village of Evermore Hollow is surrounded by orchards, woods, and a lazy river. The Inner Circle hosts regular town-like shops with everything from an herbalist, an alchemist, a bank, a gemshop, and a pawnshop.

There are five manor houses there:
* Evermore Hollow Town Hall - This is the seat of government.
* Gravelsdown Hall - Home of the Trove and much more.
* Wrencrest Rookery - Home of the Merchant Lounge.
* Quinton Manse - Home of Unlock Certificates for items not sold at EG.
* Antiquarian Manor - Home of the Rare Finds.

Neighborhoods
Evermore Hollow has six neighborhoods that can be visited for ambiance or shopping. They are:

* Moorlyn - Merchant Shops
* Winterbriar - Merchant Shops
* Vigil's End - Merchant Shops
* Fate's Holding - Merchant Shops
* Innocent's End - Home of the Live Games
* Endeltime Estates - Home of Trick-or-Treating

To the North of Evermore Hollow is the Ember Ridge Orchard, which has fruit and nuts that can be harvested from its trees.

To the East of Evermore Hollow is the Bittermere Woods, an enchanted forest of oversized towering mushrooms, and psychedelic wonders, and home to the Herb Hunt where it is rumored that Mandrakes can be found.

To the West of Evermore Hollow is Graveyard Temporalis. Crypts and Mausoleums are surrounded by tombstones, curving pathways, and various haunts. This is also the home of a new quest. Just outside the gates of the graveyard is a portal that leads to the Arena of the Abyss.

Curling along the southern edges of the town, a lazy river called Gleyminn Anni River leads to four different Fishing Areas, where guests can search the haunted waters for the twisted denizens in hopes of winning prizes.

The Breakdown - Games

Trick-or-Treating is returning once again. Entries can be purchased in the Simucoin Store. And the following prizes can be obtained:
* Candy
* Invitations to the Eve of Reunion Event (rare)
* Treasure Trove Tokens
* Soul Shards
* Gemstones
Simucoin Cost: 100 per entry

Fishing is returning once again. You will be able to purchase a Fishing Pass that will give you access to fishing for the entire duration of the Festival. Once you have the pass, you can enter fishing using silvers. The Prizes are:
* Trinkets and Baubles
* Gemstones
* Spell Prep Customizations
* Spell Customizations
* Flare Tokens
* NEW Death Announcement Customization
* Wishing Well Token
* Soul Shards
Simucoin Pass Price: 2,000 for the entire event Silver Cost: 10,000 per entry

Arena of the Abyss is returning once again. Entry will be a Simucoin item. The Prizes are:
* Green Orbs
* Bone Rings
* Fusion Tokens
* Dried-out Hearts
* Soul Shards
Simucon Cost: 10 per entry

Herb Hunt is a new game being added. A couple is looking for the rare Toadshade in the Gardens of Bittermere Woods. They are happy to take any herbs that you find there, but the best prizes are the fabled Toadshade, a particularly shy plant that is rumored to be able to get up and walk around. The Prizes are:
* Gemstones
* Simucoin Items
* Soul Shards
* Mandrake Pet
Simucoin Cost: 100 per entry

Breakdown - Live Services, Merchants, and Games
Once again we will be offering a pass that will give you access to the fun Live Games and all of your favorites are coming back! This year's schedule is:

* Platinum - Friday, September 30th at 9pm - October 7th at 9pm
* Prime - Friday October 7th at 9pm - October 14th at 9pm

Look for the Calendar Announcements with greater details on specific times and Game Listing by name, but along with the live games, the Costume Contest will be returning with the addition of a new Cooking Contest.

Raffles and Merchant services will return with the following schedule:

* Platinum - Friday, October 7th at 9pm - Friday October 14th at 9pm
* Prime - Friday, October 14th at 9pm - Friday October 21st at 9pm

All Live Games, Raffles, and Merchant Services will be in silvers.

Ghoul will be returning with a special schedule! This, too, will be a silvers purchase only but it will require the Live Games and Services pass.

Please note: The single service pass gives you access to Live Games, Merchant Services, and Raffles.

Simucoin Cost: 3,000 for the entire event

Back by Popular Demand, on The Weekend of October 21st, from 9pm on Friday Night through 9am Monday the 24th, no roleplaying events, storylines, games, or merchanting will be taking place.

Eve of Reunion Event

On October 29th, the Eve of Reunion Event returns for Prime, followed by Platinum on October 30th.

Everyone who gets an Invitation will have the opportunity to purchase bone ring charging goo and will get one of the remaining trove items.

Breakdown of Other Offerings

* The Fusion Shaman will be returning. He may look different, but he will be on the streets of Evermore Hollow.
* The Enchanter will also be returning to charge your magic items, he too will be wandering the streets of Evermore Hollow.
* The Return of the Permafier! This will return and will be accepting your soul shards.
* And an Old Familiar Face now finds himself haunting Evermore Hollow, offering his unique services for those that can find him wandering the streets.

There will be a means to sell back your various treasure finds (Fusion Tokens, Trove Tokens, Spell Customs, etc) in Gavelsdown Manor. We have moved this to its own room so that guests do not have to go to the Trove and it will always be accessible.

Nestled away in Quinton Manor, the Flarer is back! Flare tokens will now drop in appropriate tiers through Fishing. You can then use your flare token with the Auto Flarer.

Antiquarian Manse will have a unique purchasable item that allows you to house your Rare Materials in it. There will also be an NPC that will turn your unscripted discards into Rare Materials for you.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/09/2022 07:52 AM CDT

Sounds interesting. I should let it air out for a bit before i comment. New area sounds neat though for sure
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/09/2022 11:38 AM CDT
Were any of the fishing upgrades suggested in previous years implemented in this redesign?

TARAKAN
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/21/2022 05:18 PM CDT
>> Please note: The single service pass gives you access to Live Games, Merchant Services, and Raffles.

As someone that hasn't been to EG for the past few years, is this pass per character or per account?

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/21/2022 05:25 PM CDT

Fishing and Attendant Announcement
Attendant at Ebon Gate

Due to the changes in the currency and the sweeping changes I'm about to announce, I need to make sure that everyone is aware that the Attendant that buys back items from fishing will have a price change. This price change is based on multiple factors such as the overall pricing change, the new changes (I'm about to announce) for fishing, and the (new) ease of obtaining these items through fishing, Herb Hunt, and Trick or Treating.

Fishing

Given the conversation and feedback, we’ve decided to do the following with Fishing:

1) We’ve coded in some checks and balances to reduce fishing weights, drastically, that way everyone can fish.
2) We are not going to sell a Simucoin Pass or ask you to fish for silvers. Instead, we are reverting to 50 soul shards per entry.
3) All spell preps, customs, tokens, etc. can be sold to the Attendant
4) Flare Tokens are moving to the Dungeon Crawl
After a really long discussion, we felt this was the easiest, best way to have fishing work for everyone.

Does this mean that fishing will have no prizes?
What will be offered for silvers?
does this mean that everything at EG is pay in simucoins per entry?
What will be the thing that we use silvers for?
Since the original announcement I've perfected my fishing script, What script should I write instead?

Thanks
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/21/2022 06:55 PM CDT
>> 4) Flare Tokens are moving to the Dungeon Crawl

What is this? I re-scanned the original announcement and do see anything that appears to be a dungeon crawl there.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/21/2022 06:56 PM CDT
And thanks for the fishing change, I think? I was thinking $20 to fish was more than I wanted to spend to try it out. That said, it sounds like people that wanted to fish a lot are taking it in the shorts now (not really sure as I don't know how one acquires soul shards...)

-- Robert

Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/21/2022 08:14 PM CDT
>>>> Please note: The single service pass gives you access to Live Games, Merchant Services, and Raffles.

>>As someone that hasn't been to EG for the past few years, is this pass per character or per account?

This is a per-character pass (but multiple passes from previous years have been rolled into this one pass).

>>What is this? I re-scanned the original announcement and do see anything that appears to be a dungeon crawl there.

Per the EG discord discussion, this is now being called "Newcropolis," and it may never recover from the indignity. It is Wyrom's new "Necropolis" area for EG 2022. That's about all we know about it!

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 09/22/2022 10:53 AM CDT

okay, I'm officially looking forward to this. Thanks guys.
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/30/2022 11:42 AM CDT

Hey, you guys did a great job. I have one suggestion.

"[Ebon Gate Announcement] Mount Naming Potions are once again working"

This is your announcement on discord. It conveys no information. I'm sitting here thinking, It's 10/30, what is this mount naming potion? where do I get it? I've never heard of such a thing. Check the wiki, no info.

It is very frustrating to constantly get announcements from you that only make someone ask more question. Please stop with the intentionally cagy behavior. Every announcement I read, I think to myself, "this person doesn't know how to convey information". Please answer questions instead of making more.

Thanks
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/30/2022 04:01 PM CDT
I searched the wiki for "mount naming potion" and the first result led me to this page: https://gswiki.play.net/Potion_of_Naming

Searching the shop listing page for "potion of naming" brings me here: https://gswiki.play.net/Evermore_Hollow/shop_listing_2022#Name_of_Thrones
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/31/2022 05:12 AM CDT

See, this is the constant issue. When I search the wiki ebon gate shops page using CTRL F, there are zero results for anything mount related other than costumes.

I was going to check out your suggestion on where to look and thank you for it, but...just a thanks. thanks.

>quest trans ebon

Ebon Gate is not currently open, check back soon!

TRANSPORT
Transports you to the designated event or quest.
Please note that you may need to purchase entry and the event must be running.

USAGE - QUEST TRANSPORT {NAME}
Sample Usage: Quest Transport summit

RUMOR - Rumor Woods Entrance
DUSKRUIN - Bloodriven Village Entrance
DELIRIUM - Delirium Manor Entrance
EBON - Ebon Gate Entrance
RINGS - Rings of Lumnis Entrance
BRIARMOON - Briarmoon Cove Entrance

I guess Ebon Gate closed? it's 2:53 AM on the morning of 10/31

So, there was an announcement telling us that some mount naming thing was working and no info on where to check them out and no announcement that the event closed. I was under the impression that the people who make the game want people to play it. Doesn't seem to add up.
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/31/2022 09:27 AM CDT

It's just better to do nothing than it is to half ass something. And there is no effort put into communicating information. The thing was probably great, I'll never know. They kept stuff secret for no reason at all. It's a ridiculous way to behave.
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/31/2022 09:41 AM CDT

Did the talon ring on the trove draw or did the trove draw at the exact same time that EG closed? This was a mess.
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/31/2022 11:24 AM CDT
First and foremost, it was listed from very early on that Ebon Gate 2022 ran 9/30 - 10/30/2022. This was on the wiki and the calendar.

Now, while there were other informational bits on the mount-naming potions, I definitely understand and can appreciate that you would like to see more information in an announcement. Overall, I think the announcements have tried to do that, and the shop itself containing the potions WAS announced when it opened on 10/24 (and it included the name of the shop and what it was for). The potions had a few hiccups, and when they were working again, the announcement you are quoting was sent out, which includes the pertinent information for those who needed to know they would work right.

We will always continue to improve our communication and announcements, and your feedback on providing more details, even on the quick announcements of fixes, has been heard. Thank you!

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/31/2022 12:35 PM CDT
My friend...

You had a month to look at all the shops on the shop listing. Just that act alone would have made you aware of the "Potion of Naming." It was listed there from day one.

In the future I recommend reading through the TownCrier teaser listing on the wiki as it does a fantastic job of listing all the various pieces of information out there.

https://gswiki.play.net/Ebon_Gate_Teasers_Archive_by_The_TownCrier/2022#Mount_naming_potions_by_GM_Haliste
Re: Ebon Gate 2022 10/31/2022 01:55 PM CDT

Hey Xynwen, that's not the issue.

The issue is that it's posted that the thing ends on 10/30 and then nothing that you guys do fall in line. An announcement on 10/29 that says that something is fixed but neither mentions the shop nor what the item is called. A trove item that draws on the last night, with me saving my tokens for the +20 logic hood that's currently on the trove.

Your misinformation thwarts any planning that we do. I would have tried for something else on the trove had there been anything to go on other than what may have been a typo and probably was because the trove is still drawing and you're updating things the day before.

It's not about you' not conveying the information, it's about your guys burying it in inconsistencies and always changing horses mid-stream. If the thing ends on 10/30, then don't have trove items that draw after that, (or right at the wire). It doesn't matter what info you convey if you don't behave like the info is true yourselves.

It doesn't matter what you say if you mix every signal after that.

I like this game, I like EG, I thought it was great. I thought the necropolis was sweet. Then you guys screwed it up at the end. I mean, c'mon guys. It's not hard to just not throw curveballs on every pitch. You don't even have a functioning way to contact you. Email chris, forums that don't work and are going away, random discord announcements on the whim of what the person writing it wants to share, or I can ask something on discord and get the opinion of every single person except the person who the question is directed to. Stop making stuff unfun. It was fun until you guys unfunned with the same old nonsense that you've been doing since I was 16.

>which includes the pertinent information for those who needed to know they would work right

...yes. That's exactly what was done. This is the problem. This kind of pseudo logic is the issue. A game wide discord announcement was made directed at the few relevant people. Either tell the relevant people what they need to know, or tell everyone what everyone needs to know, but you told everyone what only the relevant people needed to know and just left everything else question marks. That's called "The worst of both worlds" and it makes stuff less fun.

I'm only detailing it so that I can encourage you guys to stop it. It really knocks the wind out of something great. It overshadows all of the good stuff and there was a lot, but look at what we're talking about, you guys ended with a bad taste.

I know you said the feedback was heard, but it didn't look like you heard what the issue was. It's not about "More" information, "More" does not equal "Better". It's not about the word "potions" on a computer screen. It's about intentionally wasting peoples' time with a barrage of unreliable information and then saying, "hey, we posted it, it was in there (somewhere)". The issue is inconsistency. Thanks Xynwen.