Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/26/2021 07:17 PM CDT
Hello,

As the days and nights of Caligos come to a close, please remember that the NPCs are looking to save themselves. If you have not converted your Ghezyte Bracelet yet and still want to, please do so IMMEDIATELY. Starting tonight, the NPCs that wander the island will be leaving for safety.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/26/2021 08:03 PM CDT

Hi,

Can you give us like 24h to do this instead of pulling the npcs off the island within a few hours of your post? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/26/2021 10:01 PM CDT
Hello,

Only one NPC has left the island and she departed tonight. All of the others are still there.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/26/2021 11:18 PM CDT
>Only one NPC has left the island and she departed tonight.

I went out to make a news report on who was still around, and ... I find that all of the she-NPCs are still on Caligos.

Which leaves me with nothing in my reporter's notebook and a puzzled look on my face.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/31/2021 02:54 PM CDT
I heard nowhere that I had to hand my eel jeebus bracelet over to Omiko to have it converted to Charl. Therefore, now I'm stuck with something I don't want, and don't believe in.

The NPCs are gone. Why didn't you folks make this a LOT more clear and give us an opportunity to convert our bracelets until the actual end of EG??

I'm really pissed that I spent however many years and some money giving little things to NPCs for literally no reward. I do not want anything Ghezresh associated with my character. So now I should just chuck all this time and energy into a well?

Not well done this time, guys.

(MG)
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/31/2021 03:34 PM CDT
Here's where it was said http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/18400

- Andreas
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/31/2021 04:36 PM CDT
>>The NPCs are gone.

You can ASSIST to get your bracelet changed to Charl if you missed Omiko, it's been said several places.

It was also said, in several places, to get your conversions done. Omiko was available for a month, dragging your feet until the last minute isn't the GMs fault.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 10/31/2021 09:54 PM CDT

Question on conversions- does it remove the ambient scripts?
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 08:22 AM CDT
>I heard nowhere that I had to hand my eel jeebus bracelet over to Omiko to have it converted to Charl. Therefore, now I'm stuck with something I don't want, and don't believe in.

As others have pointed out, since the moment we said that you could convert your bracelet we said it was available immediately and did not require you to have any favor whatsoever. The story of Caligos had to progress. Honestly, I let Omiko linger far longer than I should have. We tried to make it very clear that when the quests ended they were done.

>The NPCs are gone. Why didn't you folks make this a LOT more clear and give us an opportunity to convert our bracelets until the actual end of EG??

Omiko departed on Tuesday, October 26th, and was available since the 1st.

>I'm really pissed that I spent however many years and some money giving little things to NPCs for literally no reward. I do not want anything Ghezresh associated with my character. So now I should just chuck all this time and energy into a well?

The option to convert the bracelet to a different deity was only available this year. If you have been working on this for years, and it was always Ghezrehs in nature, then why this year are you suddenly angry about it? This is a genuine question.

>Not well done this time, guys.

As others have said, if you have not assisted to resolve your issue, then please do so. Every effort was made to keep people informed. There was a link on the main website, wiki links, Announcements on the main website, and here. As well as reminders in Discord. I realize that I gave a day of warning for Omiko, but it was said from the beginning of the month that it was available. I'm at a loss for what more I could have possibly done.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 08:22 AM CDT
>Question on conversions- does it remove the ambient scripts?

They shouldn't, no.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 09:24 AM CDT

I know they don’t fire as often as other ambient messaging, but seems to me since converting it to Luukos I can’t say I’ve seen any ambient messages on that item.

To test this morning, I’ve been sitting in a quiet room for for over an hour without any ambient messaging firing off and I’ve squelched all my others just to watch for movement on that end.
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 09:28 AM CDT
I'm still waiting for some changes on the item to be reviewed and approved. I'll check it over just to make sure it's working as intended, but it very well could be that it needs the nudge from these changes I have that are not yet live. Hopefully they will be very soon!

The messaging chance happens about once an hour, and there's only a 10% chance that it'll happen.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 09:39 AM CDT

Excellent! Thanks for that info, I thought it might be something like that seeing as how the pair of new verb traps wasn’t active with the favor update today.

Thanks to everyone for a great EG, players and GMs alike! Always my favorite time of year.
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 10:01 AM CDT
> seeing as how the pair of new verb traps wasn’t active

To be clear, the 2 new verbs are for Ghezresh bracelets only. If you converted, you don't get it.

We have been saying this since the beginning. It is a gift for the people that kept them in their original form.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Caligos Quest Item Conversions 11/01/2021 11:10 AM CDT

Ahh, guess I missed that announcement. Any chance for de-conversion via assisting?