The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/14/2021 08:38 PM CDT
Bows are now eligible for Greater Elemental Flare token redemptions as long as your bow has the appropriate flares.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 07:06 AM CDT
Is it possible to update the auto flarer to ignore cat b(ability slot) for rotflares flares token, knockout flares token, and the other tokens that occupy the script slot or are a subscript?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 08:01 AM CDT
As a blanket rule? Unfortunately, no. For now, the auto-flarer is doin' what she can do, and scripted flares on an item will prevent the addition of Category B flares unless Rotflares/Greater Elemental.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 08:15 AM CDT
Update! The auto flarer has been approved to work with Knockout flares. This is not yet live -- I'll get this rollin' later today.

(Note: This latest update re: knockout flares does not pertain to bows.)

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 11:33 AM CDT
This is greatly appreciated. Hopefully ya'll can take a look at rotflares flare token as well. Most of the items I would want to use such a rare token on are blocked due to a flare in the ability slot.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 12:30 PM CDT

What about the reverse of this. I have a Low Steel Shield, I was considering adding Banshee Flares to(provided I can snag a token), but I can't get an estimate from the Half Krolvin, My understanding is Banshee and Low Steel can live in harmoney(Low Steel is Cat B, and Banshee is Cat D)

Is this how it's suppose to work?
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 02:28 PM CDT
You're basically asking for the same thing as the knockout flares issue.

Low Steel is Cat B (player term) / ability slot (GM term)

Banshee Flares are Cat D (player term) / script slot (GM term)

Can they be on the same item, yes.

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/15/2021 09:45 PM CDT

> As a blanket rule? Unfortunately, no. For now, the auto-flarer is doin' what she can do, and scripted flares on an item will prevent the addition of Category B flares unless Rotflares/Greater Elemental.

The request is for the opposite of what you said: when the existing item has Category B flares and the token adds a script flare like banshee/bubble/knockout. Because the ability to exist on an item that already has Category B flares is one of the things that makes these script flare tokens appealing, the autoflarer not supporting this extremely common scenario is frustrating. I understand that it is not possible to make a blanket rule for already scripted items, but the tokens are already limited to a known set of scripts that don't conflict with Category B.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/17/2021 03:05 PM CDT
He also has issues with Briar flares and common flares (Cold/Heat/Magma/etc.).
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/18/2021 05:36 PM CDT

I would also like someone to look at this. I have tried adding rotflares to several items and it wont work with anything that has cat B, D or enhancives. You show a rotting flesh-covered token to a blue-haired tall and burly half-krolvin. He states, "I can only work rotflares flares into your token if it's otherwise plain. Is this a mistake or is it really by design that it can only be added to completely vanilla stuff?
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/18/2021 07:01 PM CDT
That's just how the autoflarer is setup which is the issue a lot of us are having. The things we'd actually like to add flares to aren't approved for the autoflarer. Rotflares base cost is like 133,333 seashells to from what I can tell. I have a token I'd really like to use but wasting it on something vanilla makes me sad inside.

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/18/2021 07:35 PM CDT
The auto flarer will soon be able to add rotflares to a runestaff that has the sigil staff script. Please note that the previous restriction for items that already have CatB flares (https://gswiki.play.net/Item_properties) will persist. Other scripted items will need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis before being allowed to have rotflares added.

Edit: The flarer changed his mind... he will allow this if the runestaff already has CatB flares...

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/18/2021 08:11 PM CDT
Could ya'll put a cap on seashell costs?

>ask half about dispel
With a quick nod and a slight gesture toward your brass-hilted craquemarte, a blue-haired tall and burly half-krolvin says, "I'd venture to say it will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 469400 seashells for me to add dispel flares to that. But, this is just a rough estimate, and there might be things I'm not seeing. Bring me a dispel flare token, and I'll be sure to give you a more accurate cost!"

469,400 seashells is way more than what it would cost me to add at Duskruin.

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/19/2021 07:10 PM CDT
>Could ya'll put a cap on seashell costs?

That certainly would be a nice thing if they capped and adjusted the costs down to add flares.

I wanted to add grapple flares to a weapon, but it costs something stupid, it was either 169k or 139k (I don't remember which). With 10 ToT runs and digging 12 hours a day for 7 days (only finding 1 raffle token that was traded in for 2500 seashells), I'm sitting around 35k seashells. I'm still 100k+ away from being able to add flares to my weapon.

There's nothing really special about it. It is 8x (+40) with crit weighting, I forget how much exactly.

It didn't look like I'll be getting flares added like I wanted to.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/19/2021 10:16 PM CDT
<With 10 ToT runs and digging 12 hours a day for 7 days (only finding 1 raffle token that was traded in for 2500 seashells), I'm sitting around 35k seashells. I'm still 100k+ away from being able to add flares to my weapon. >

Digging is not the best way to get seashells. If you'd been doing minigames, you'd probably have earned enough to get the work done in that amount of time.... granted, you'd also have gone through a LOT more silver.

Not saying there shouldn't be a cap on costs for the autoflarer... but it def seems more geared towards those with low-mid range gear then those high enchant and/or scripted gear. The costs to add flares to my empath's energy staff made my eyes bug out even for common flares (def gonna wait til DR for any type of flares on that), but I was able to add flares to my cleric's 4x staff and robes for just a few hundred seashells each.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/20/2021 12:06 AM CDT
The Flarer can now add banshee flares to eligible items that already have a CatB ability.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/21/2021 08:40 AM CDT
I just tried to add a banshee token to a low steel shield at the auto-flarer, which should be Cat B, but the fellow refused it. The shield is ensorcelled, spiked, and sancted too, and +49.

Not sure why.

~Player of Fulmen Soulforge, Hammer of Eonak.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/21/2021 11:37 AM CDT

Autoflarer won't add anything to an item with a Cat B flare (even if the flare in question doesn't conflict with Cat B) Low Steel's mindwrack flares are Cat B.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/21/2021 07:46 PM CDT
So, it turns out the Anfelt scripts via premium points conflict with adding the Banshee flares. Otherwise, it should have worked. Thanks for letting me know, Haliste!

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/21/2021 08:14 PM CDT
Is there any way to manually deal with removing the fluff scripts, or is it stuck for this year?

Also, will the flare tokens be useable next year at Ebon?

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/22/2021 12:39 AM CDT

> The Flarer can now add banshee flares to eligible items that already have a CatB ability.

Thank you for making this update. Makes these tokens useful for a lot more items. Greatly appreciate all your work on teaching the Auto Flarer new tricks.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/22/2021 04:41 PM CDT
>Thanks for letting me know, Haliste!

Welcome!

>Is there any way to manually deal with removing the fluff scripts, or is it stuck for this year?

Unless there is a merchant offering a script removal service, you may be stuck with it until at least February, when the Dabbler can help you. I'm pretty sure that script has already been approved for removal, so there shouldn't be a wait for review.

>Also, will the flare tokens be useable next year at Ebon?

I haven't heard that the auto-flarer will not be there, but I haven't really heard that he will, either. So, I don't really know the answer to that.

UPDATES:

* Briar Flares can now be added to bows.
* Rotflares will work with Briar Flares and GEF.

Reminder: When you ask the auto-flarer for an estimate, he will sometimes give a response that is higher than what the flare actually costs. In the case of Briar Flares, he assumes you have a T3 flare token, so he'll tell you a higher estimate than what it would actually cost if the flare token is for a T1 Briar Flare. However, when you GIVE him the token, the estimate he gives you then is accurate, since he can see the details of your token.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/22/2021 04:42 PM CDT

Any chance, 4x fusion gear, could be added? I'd like to add fire & cold to some altered fusion daggers and then add lesser moods for the cool messaging.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/22/2021 10:21 PM CDT
>fusion gear

I'll check on that request.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/23/2021 08:47 AM CDT
Fusion gear has been approved. All other restrictions/limitations still apply. I'll get this fixed up today.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/23/2021 09:23 AM CDT
Looks like this has already been a thing. Did you try to get something added and it was disallowed? Or are you trying to add a scripted flare to an already scripted item? If that is the case, there isn't any compatibility for fusion to be a subscript, so that would be a no-go. But... let me know what it is you were wanting specifically.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/23/2021 05:20 PM CDT
Can you get dispel (1,2,3) flares approved please? I have a couple of brawling weapons with dispel flares I'd like to add knockout flares to.

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/26/2021 01:57 PM CDT
I brought a knockout flare token and a +9 zorchar (so lightning flaring) somewhat crit weighted war hammer to the autoflarer, but they won't take it.
That's how it's always worked in past years, but I thought the updates being discussed in here were supposed to make this possible?

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara_(prime)
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/27/2021 07:23 PM CDT

Can you take a look at terror flares please? I cannot get an estimate on my ghezyte long bow with terror flares. The plain ghezyte bow estimates just fine.

>ask half about rotflare
A blue-haired tall and burly half-krolvin says, "I can't really quote on an item that's already got some kind of special ability."
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/30/2021 11:52 AM CDT
Thank you for fixing it, or perhaps he just can't estimate and can apply them.

>show token to half
He folds his hands behind him and with a slight rock backwards states, "According to my calculations, this service will cost 133333 seashells. You can GIVE me your flesh-covered token within 30 seconds if you're interested."

However, can we take a look at Briar Flares pretty please?

>show token to half
You show a prickly leaf-green token to a blue-haired tall and burly half-krolvin. He frowns slightly before saying, "I'm only able to use this leaf-green token on an item that doesn't already have an interfering property. Got something else I could work with?"

Weapon is ghezyte with terror flares. No catD/script on it.
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/31/2021 02:50 PM CDT
Briar Flares + CatB flares are now eligible.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/31/2021 02:51 PM CDT
Ghezyte material + CatB flares will never work since the flare on Ghezyte takes up that slot. (Same with low steel.)

[EDIT: Sorry, ghezyte + CatB should work since those flares ARE inherent to the material and do NOT take up the CatB slot -- but Low Steel would not work.]

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/31/2021 05:10 PM CDT
Ghezyte doesn't take up the ability/Cat B slot. That's the big selling point of the material.

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/31/2021 05:11 PM CDT
Also, can you get approval for dispel + knockout flares please?

I'd really like to add knockout flares to my dispel flaring cestus before EG closes.

Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/31/2021 06:09 PM CDT
>Ghezyte doesn't take up the ability/Cat B slot. That's the big selling point of the material.

You're correct - sorry about that! There's much going on in my head today... (ok, every day, but...)

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: The Auto Flarer learned a new trick 10/31/2021 06:14 PM CDT
>dispel + knockout flares

I'll try, but... with it being 10/31 at 7:13 PM for me, I'm not sure I can get this approved/done in time. I'll do my best (assuming it can be approved).

All of these requests are not just a "flip a switch" kind of thing. Scripts and their compatibility with additional properties have to be checked, tested, and then coded into the auto-flarer script.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever