February 2023 requests 09/06/2022 04:38 PM CDT
Now that the Not-Rot Flares (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Holy) will be at least a year old, they can show up in a shop--probably HESS, since they're roughly equivalent to RotFlares?--right? I'm looking to bling out my "anti-undead" runestaff, now that I have an anti-living one (with RotFlares)....

Also, I would like the GMs to show some lovin' to the "hurl" verb/Thrown Weapons.
- PSM3, precisely NO weapon feats/techniques for Thrown.
- Ammunition still affects encumbrance, versus Ranged arrows.
- Ammunition still needs to be carried in the first place (actual # of items), versus Ranged arrows.
- Bandoliers need special merchant visits to qualify for service.
- Tinnoc boxes aren't even getting that, on those rare occasions when bandoliers were being worked on.
- HESS certificate for Enchant apparently requires the item be an actual weapon/armor/shield (or presumably accessory): when I tried using a +5 on my Tinnoc box--which was already giving a +5 to its slivers & shards--the command would not even go through, nor even generate a "you can't do that" message. Type it in, hit 'enter', precisely zero feedback from the game. It was like the input never happened.

I had a write-up in, I believe in Combat category, Weapons topic, about my initial thoughts:
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Combat,%20Magic,%20and%20Character%20Mechanics/Weapons/view/124

Later (after Ranged got its updates) I added more, including specifically "no weight" ammunition, "unlimited" ammunition, and using Arena ores to add more types of ore to what the boxes could produce.
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Combat,%20Magic,%20and%20Character%20Mechanics/Weapons/view/395

Since the Essence belts & Karmic Armor allow you to whisper to them to set the selection you want, and the Bags of Holding allow you to set it to the menu slot you want to interact with, I see no reason why the Tinnoc boxes could not work the same way:
turn dial to 5 (use your ora slab setting for +10),
turn knob to 3 (one is sliver/dart, two is shard/dagger, three is <other synonym>/short sword),
push the button to get your +10 ora synonym for hurling.

Wearing the box should put the user into a permanent "trying to disengage"/remain at distance mode. Pushing the button (to fill your hand with a Thrown weapon) and the actual 'hurl' verb should activate distance DS analogous to what Ranged users have while they hold an (unloaded) bow in their left hand, for <some amount of duration equal to AT LEAST hurlRT+1 second>.
Re: February 2023 requests 09/08/2022 08:07 PM CDT
1) Wandering tattoo cert

2) Voln weapons!
- Something really cool (maybe the players could help design them)
- Functional, not just fancy!
- Synergy with Voln armor?

3) Return of permanent gold rings

Thx
Re: February 2023 requests 11/09/2022 07:01 PM CST
1) Casting Gloves (something to give flares to open hand casting)
2) Dwarven Empath Tattoo cert
Re: February 2023 requests 01/12/2023 11:12 PM CST

Can we please get OHB bases for the valence weapons?

Pretty pretty PRETTY please??