The Bloody Lotus 08/20/2022 07:09 AM CDT
I'm not clear if the origami master is broken or intentionally turned off for this event. My wife took one of her characters here and learned origami earlier in the week but now I'm here in the shop with the master and he's telling me he can't teach the art of origami here (also note the typo as he actually says: "Unfortunately, I am not able to teach the art of orgami here."

In searching the wiki to see if perhaps I wasn't winning the 'guess the verb' game I note that it says Origami will only be taught at Rumor Woods...

Very disappointing if this is actually intended and more than a little frustrating given I've already purchased a fully unlocked kit and stocked it with paper. It seems I may now be the not-so-proud owner of an account locked paperweight.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: The Bloody Lotus 08/20/2022 03:23 PM CDT
The origami master at Duskruin is not supposed to unlock/teach the skill of origami, but there was a bug that let a couple people train in it before I was made aware. It also did it at half-price, so they got a bargain! It was our screw up, so we didn't take that away from the people who did it; we just fixed the bug and made a note of it in the Duskruin channel of discord.

It was originally slated to be just RW, but we revisited that after the event, and we don't want people to wait a full year to be able to unlock it if they didn't do it originally. It will be available at the origami master at Ebon Gate, and there may be other opportunities at some point as well. Note that I haven't formally/officially announced the EG availability (until now), but I wanted you to know so you know the box will be useful to you soon! Also, the paper is writeable paper, and the paper stored in the kit isn't taking up extra inventory slots or weight, so it's also not entirely useless without the skill yet!

That said, if you want a refund, you can put in an assist to request a referral so we can work through that.

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: The Bloody Lotus 08/20/2022 03:43 PM CDT
Thanks for the update Xynwen.

We do plan on visiting EG this year to explore the new venue and, to your point, that is just around the corner. Disappointed about the "half-showing" here at DR but looking forward to having some fun with Origami at the upcoming EG!

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: The Bloody Lotus 08/20/2022 03:46 PM CDT
Happy to help! And we'll smack the master until he spells origami right.

(I keep typoing it in a bad way for no good reason...I never had this problem before I came up with the origami system, I swear!)

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"