August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/15/2022 04:39 PM CDT
We'll be spinning for the low quantity services from HESS on Friday, August 19th at 9 PM Eastern. This will only occur in Prime.

Remember that you should have the appropriate bloodscrip listed under TICKET BALANCE (use TICKET DEPOSIT to redeem/add to your balance) before the spin. You will be ineligible for the spin if you do not have at least the attunement discounted cost for that item already deposited. I'll announce the item and cost and those interested will join me, we'll move to a separate room and spin for the quantity I have available. Once spun, I'll deduct the cost from your bloodscrip and hand you the redemption certificate.

All redemption certificates won at Spin Night will need to be redeemed on the spot on the item you want the service on, with no passing/trading of bloodscrip or items. If spun, you may not leave the room the spins are in until your service is redeemed. Please plan accordingly.

If you have questions about a specific service offered or about compatibility with your item please ask them either in this thread or in the #duskruin Discord channel PRIOR to the Spin Night so that they can be answered or researched prior to the spins. This will make the evening go by much more smoothly and expediently and is hugely appreciated.

Winning a spin does not exclude you from winning subsequent items.

All services which add a script to an unscripted item are sold as base tier/off the shelf, with no additional unlocks. Unless specified otherwise, 5 of each item will be offered.

Spin Night Offerings:

a hefty steel gear* - T1 to T2 unlock for gnomish lockpicking bracer - 75,000
a gilded scroll trinket - Fatal Afflares messaging - 25,000
a silvery asg change proclamation - ASG Change - 150,000
a chunk of low steel ore - Low Steel Ore - 300,000
a chunk of high steel ore - High Steel Ore - 150,000
a long chainspear spiral - Chainspear - 300,000
a chunk of xazkruvrixis ore - Xazkruvrixis ore - 500,000
a simple sigil staff label - Sigil Staff script add - 250,000
a mana-infused crystal - Mana-Infused Armor script add - 250,000
an engorged and fleshy parasite - Parasite Weapon script add - 250,000
a parasitic barnacle - Parasite Armor script add - 250,000
a sprite-shaped statuette - Sprite Weapon script add - 250,000
a sprite-shaped effigy - Sprite Armor script add - 250,000
a multicolored sphere of swirling energy - Energy Staff script add - 250,000
a lightning bolt charm - Energy Shield script add - 250,000
a diminutive pangolin figurine - Animalistic Spirit weapon script add - 250,000
a vermeil echidna charm - Animalistic Spirit armor script add - 250,000
a crude black ora effigy - Cursed Armor script add - 250,000
a sunburst-shaped bead - Daybringer script add - 250,000
an ink black armor knickknack - Ethereal Armor script add - 250,000
an ink black sword gaud - Ethereal Weapon script add - 250,000
a tiny knife-embossed medallion - Fighting Knives script add - 250,000
a garish fuchsia fabric bolt - Dramatic Drapery cloak script add - 250,000
a green Ithzir Armor sheet - Ithzir script add - 500,000
a green rotflare debenture - Rotflares script add - 400,000
a thorn-laden sphere - Briar Weapon script add - 150,000
some orb-shaped fused links - Fusion slot script add - 500,000
a fusion adding agreement - Fusion script add - 250,000
a prismatic bane-adding slip - Bane script add - 400,000
a tarnished twin weapon miniature - Twin Weapon script add - 250,000

* There will only be 4 available of the gnomish lockpicking bracer T1 -> T2 unlocks and if all 4 sell they will not be offered in HESS in February 2023.

GameMistress Tivvy
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 06:11 AM CDT
Can a chainspear be made with an ore directly?
(Since they typically say only, no claidhmore katana naginata, and chainspear is none of those three.)

If not, could a chainspear win be deferred until after the ore spins?
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 08:39 AM CDT
Pretty sure a chainspear requires a script on the item, so I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm checking to confirm.

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 09:49 AM CDT
Confirmed - chainspear is not a weapon base; it's a script added to a weapon. Ores are used to create a weapon only, no scripts.

--Xynwen--
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 12:03 PM CDT

I think the second part of his question is...if one were to win both an ore and a chainspear, could the weapon be made and then the chainspear script added to that weapon. I believe the answer to that is yes assuming the ore used doesn't have some script conflict.
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 12:29 PM CDT
>>I think the second part of his question is...if one were to win both an ore and a chainspear, could the weapon be made and then the chainspear script added to that weapon. I believe the answer to that is yes assuming the ore used doesn't have some script conflict.

Wins need to be redeemed immediately, but if you won an ore and made the weapon and then won the chainspear, you could add it to that weapon, yes. However, if the chainspear came first, you would need to have a weapon to put it on for redemption.

--Xynwen--
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 12:36 PM CDT
Would it be possible to do something like "request all of the 'make an item' be first"? (For example, ores.)

And then have the "add a script to an item" after, so that the one could be redeemed for the other?

(Honestly, there ARE only three ores/'make' items. All the rest look like script adds.)
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 12:39 PM CDT
The request has been heard, but we can't guarantee that, because otherwise, it opens up huge floodgates of "well do THESE things first for ME because <insert reasons>"

(I know you're not trying to do that, just saying that is a potential outcome of things like that).

--Xynwen--
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 03:04 PM CDT
Oh, I am absolutely trying to take advantage of sequencing. An alternative suggestion would be to allow any of the spins to be redeemed by the end of the spin session.
Both ways would allow for the create / then add script order of things.

Or simply put forward a policy decision (and for preference--"tell the customers about it!"--whether or not newly created items are allowed to be / deserve to be able to have a script added at the same time as they are created.
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 04:15 PM CDT
>>Oh, I am absolutely trying to take advantage of sequencing. An alternative suggestion would be to allow any of the spins to be redeemed by the end of the spin session. Both ways would allow for the create / then add script order of things. Or simply put forward a policy decision (and for preference--"tell the customers about it!"--whether or not newly created items are allowed to be / deserve to be able to have a script added at the same time as they are created.

FYI, I'm just saying we're not going to resequence things for everyone who has special requests, or we'll all go insane. HOWEVER, we are aware that some things may be most beneficial to the majority of participants to put in a particular order to allow for things like you would like to do, and we're taking that into consideration, for sure. I just can't guarantee that the way we finalize that order will meet your needs, is all. But it is something that was already on our radar and under our consideration.

Now, insofar as changing how the HESS Spin Night works, I don't envision that we will change that. You've got to redeem your win on your item prior to leaving the spin room, as per the directions stated at the top of the thread. It's much easier to manage ensuring player-side redemptions are completed per spin batch then at the end of the event where you're juggling ALL the people who won.

>>Or simply put forward a policy decision (and for preference--"tell the customers about it!"--whether or not newly created items are allowed to be / deserve to be able to have a script added at the same time as they are created.

I'm not sure I'm tracking this. If you have the item, it's eligible for a HESS script from a later spin. So if you get a Xywnen ore on a spin and turn it into a Xynwen claidhmore, and then later you get a Tivvy Flare script win, you can put that Tivvy Flare script on your Xynwen claidhmore, as long as the two things are compatible.

--Xynwen--
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 04:41 PM CDT
In addition to the above-listed offerings, we're adding the following:

a nacreous shield-embossed manacle - Shield Cape Script Add - 250,000 bloodscrip.

Like other script-addition offerings, this service adds the shield cape script at the base/off-the-shelf tier with no additional unlocks. Only unscripted cloakworn items that are cape or cloaklike are eligible. It cannot be added to jackets, coats, anything with a buttoned lapel, or similar.

-GameMistress Tivvy
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 09:20 PM CDT

Tivvy flares sound expensive.
Re: August 2022 Duskruin - Spin Night Details 08/18/2022 09:45 PM CDT
>>Tivvy flares sound expensive.

Expensive, but cute and worth it!

--Xynwen--