August 2022 HESS additions 08/11/2022 07:25 PM CDT
These are in addition to the existing services offered at HESS, listed on the wiki at https://gswiki.play.net/High_End_Scrip_Shop/shop_list_February_2022
All script-adding services add the script to an item at the base/off-the-shelf tier (usually Tier 1) with no additional unlocks.

All prices below are in bloodscrip.

New limited quantity service additions:
*Energy Shield, Script Add - 250,000
*Daybringer, Script Add - 250,000
*Ethereal Armor, Script Add - 250,000
*Ethereal Weapon, Script Add - 250,000
*Fighting Knives, Script Add - 250,000
*Dramatic Drapery, Script Add - 250,000

New unlimited quantity service additions:
*Resistance Change - 40,000
- This allows you to change a single resistance on an item to another type. You may not stack it to another type already present on that item, and you may not move partial amounts, the entire resistance amount only.
*Morphing Armor, 1 Tier unlock (max of T3) - 2,500
*Morphing Armor Auction Quality Unlock - 10,000
*Shield Bracer/Grobey, Single Unlock (max of T2) - 2,500
*Shield Bracer/Grobey, Auction Quality Unlock - 10,000

Non-permanent additions (unlimited quantities):
+5 TD up to +50 - 300,000
+5 enchant up to +75 - 275,000

GameMistress Tivvy
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/11/2022 07:57 PM CDT
To clarify a bit on the non-permanent additions:

Typically (but not always) when we add a service to HESS, it's a permanent addition unless something changes impacting that service. The last two on the list above are not being added to the permanent slate of services at HESS. That doesn't mean you'll never see it again, but you won't see them next run and they aren't permanent additions.

GameMistress Tivvy
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/11/2022 09:36 PM CDT
Non-permanent additions (unlimited quantities):
+5 TD up to +50 - 300,000
+5 enchant up to +75 - 275,000

So, what's the reason behind this?

Feeling good about handing out certs to boost enchantments above the, what was, max enchantment level of 10x (+50) just to allow folks to boost their AS/DS for no real reason?

Or is it a way to gauge how many people are gullible enough to spend money to get an item to 15x because of the band-aid "game balancing" issues of divergence or spell sever that keeps some people away from these new hunting areas? You take away how effective spells are or you remove the ability to utilize spells, so now you want people to have a way to counterbalance the stupid restrictions put in place that tanks AS/DS and TD?

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised you guys haven't created a cert/item that lets you increase your SMR defense of weapons/armors/shields and then monetized it at DR.
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/11/2022 10:23 PM CDT
>+5 enchant up to +75 - 275,000

You really should set the bar higher. There is no practical limit to the amount some players will pay for this.
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/11/2022 10:42 PM CDT

"These are in addition to the existing services offered at HESS, listed on the wiki at https://gswiki.play.net/High_End_Scrip_Shop/shop_list_February_2022"

So since you posted these as "an addition" to what is at the gswiki, you ought to have updated the gswiki with this post! I doubt you did, because your signs and posts are always extremely terse, and it seems just like your style to NOT update the GSWIKI.
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/12/2022 09:08 AM CDT
Could also address Spell Sever by letting people take advantage of their skills in the appropriate Realm.
Know ten (10) ranks in EACH of the Lore & Mana Control relevant for a particular outside spell list, get benefit of +1 spell from that list.
Yes, you have to train through the attack spells (like learning through a spell gap [20->25] on a list).
Sorcerer & Bard lists count benefit from both Realms, but only half as effective (as usual).

(i.e. "Wizard knows a bunch of Spirit Lore:Whatever ranks & Mana Control:Spirit ranks. Say 40 of each, for sake of argument. Wizard can have four [4] of any of 101-104, 201-204, 301-304, 601-604, 701-702, 1101-1104, or 1601-1604 on him.")

(Actually, since the Wizard in question probably has a bunch of Elemental Lore & Mana Control ranks, so Sorcerer would likely be higher and a whole bunch of Bard stuff would be enabled, too.)

Want to wear other Realms' spells? Train in other Realms' skills. Problem solved.
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/20/2022 09:41 PM CDT
Okay, I wanted to spring this on poor, unsuspecting victims, but Xynwen suggested that I inquire on the Boards (since Estild wasn't available to clarify).

The pre-2000 Auction "a <noun> death<weapon>" items were confirmed in February by Estild to be further Enchantable when I asked him, and that higher bonus would also double against their keyed <noun> creatures. (So a +10 rat deathdagger would be +20 against rats, and if you Enchant it to +15 it would be +30 against them.)

Which is ducky and all...
...until 11x-15x certificates come out.

From a wealth of caution--and because Xynwen suggested checking--does anyone know whether the doubling continues at those higher bonuses? +75 weapon/15x becomes +150 against their noun?

And then using a boost supercharger for +50% more... == +225 weapon against their noun?

Thanks, for anyone who's already had a chance to research!
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/21/2022 03:53 PM CDT
Here is the answer I received:

No, it will not increase the bonus past the initial bonus amount (+10 in this case). It can be enchanted to any value, but it will always just be a bonus of +10

Supercharger boosts do work with 10x-15x gear.

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/22/2022 08:39 AM CDT
That is NOT what he said in February. I had asked him whether they--death weapons as a class--could be Enchanted (and he said yes), and whether the doubling would still happen (and he said yes).

Even during the Auction, there was never a mention that it was a flat "plus the bonus that it is now": they were all described as "doubling".
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/22/2022 09:55 AM CDT
I'm asking for clarification.

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/22/2022 10:15 AM CDT
KRAKII
The pre-2000 Auction "a <noun> death<weapon>" items were confirmed in February by Estild to be further Enchantable when I asked him, and that higher bonus would also double against their keyed <noun> creatures. (So a +10 rat deathdagger would be +20 against rats, and if you Enchant it to +15 it would be +30 against them.)
That is NOT what he said in February. I had asked him whether they--death weapons as a class--could be Enchanted (and he said yes), and whether the doubling would still happen (and he said yes).

Hi Krakii,

Can you confirm where I stated that? On the forums, on Discord, in game? I want to pull my logs to verify the context and how I responded. This isn't a decision anyone on staff is making. It's simply how the script was coded from the start (in 1997).

GameMaster Estild
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/22/2022 12:34 PM CDT
21122 event listing says completion date/time was "3/28/2022 17:12:47 CDT".

You were redeeming the pair of Spellbook HESS certificates at--or just after?--the end of the February event earlier this year. While you were sitting there, I ran the question past you by logging in the second account (Two-Weapon fighter with a pair of "a golem deathmace", one +10 [from a low-level Auction tent] and one +15 [from a higher-level Auction tent]).
I think we were sitting in the Landing Zephyr Hall, sitting room (behind the brass door at the top of the staircase landing).
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/23/2022 02:52 PM CDT
Just chiming in...you'd have logs of the conversation, right? People mis-remember things after all. A log would show the actual conversation. (All of my characters are logged so I can go back to anything I might need someday).
Re: August 2022 HESS additions 08/23/2022 03:12 PM CDT
Sadly, I never got into logging. Now, if there were "log... WITH FE TEXT HIGHLIGHTING", then I might get into that.