NotFlares (Name TBD) 03/04/2022 12:34 AM CST
I've talked about this in-game and on Discord, but I'll be offering 5 new types of flares that works similar to RotFlares where they can work with other scripts and require lore to be better. The flare types are 4 of the elementals, fire, water, air, and earth, as well as a holy flare.

I'll post some shot of them in the next day or so, as I am still finishing a few things off with them.

I'll be offering them this Sunday in the late evening, sometime around closing time (10pm or later ET). I will not be doing anything else. There is no extra Mania, no giveaways, no exp, nada. Just 1 of each flare, so 5 in total. They will cost bloodscrip, but pricing and distribution is to be determined.

Wyrom, PM
Re: NotFlares (Name TBD) 03/04/2022 09:37 AM CST
"(Name TBD)"

NotRot, wot?
Re: NotFlares (Name TBD) 03/04/2022 01:38 PM CST
Skill Flares (S Flares)
Training Skill Flares (TS Flares)

Either of those because you could continue to make subscript flares that require training in a skill whether they be a LORE or something like COMBAT MANEUVERS, MULTI OPPONENT COMBAT, OR STALKING AND HIDING.

Combat Maneuvers - % chance to activate a random CMAN skill (skill does not have to be trained but character needs to have the ability to learn it). The rank of the random CMAN skill is determined by CMAN training.

Multi-Opponent Combat - % chance to apply a random status effect to your target(s), % chance to gain a buff to DS and SMR defense based on the number of opponents in the room. The % to apply a random status effect, the % to gain a buff to DS and SMR defense and the amount of that buff scale with MOC training.

Stalking and Hiding - % chance to apply a poison DoT when attacking, % chance to hide when attacking. Both the DoT damage and hide success scale with training in Stalking and Hiding training.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: NotFlares (Name TBD) 03/04/2022 05:40 PM CST
Will there still be time to go buy things afterwards? I don't want to not have the BS available on the very off chance I win, but I also am hoping not to gamble, lose, and then lose out on the chance to get the other things I've been holding off on getting.

Thank you so much for doing this!
Re: NotFlares (Name TBD) 03/04/2022 06:56 PM CST
I don't plan to take more than 15 or so minutes.

Wyrom, PM
Re: NotFlares (Name TBD) 08/04/2022 10:16 AM CDT
Same question: debuted earlier this year, so "not yet available" for general adding?
(That will be in the spring of next year, and presumably at the same approximate level as RotFlare distribution [spin for slots]?)

Looking at the GSWiki for RotFlares, can you confirm that the elemental & holy versions have the same Lore rank thresholds as SL:Necro gives for RotFlares?

And for everyone who was not at Mania six months ago, could you post samples of each of the five going off bang?