Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/01/2022 03:17 PM CST
Please use this thread to post any item or shop requests you have for the next run of Duskruin in August. You do not need to include any items or shops already available in Bloodriven.

GameMistress Tivvy
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/06/2022 11:12 PM CST
Spellbound - return of 1750 and 1109 please :)
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 06:23 AM CST
I agree with the Spellbound request for the citrine pin/1750.

I would also repeat my request for the hat with Mage Armor/520.

And we already have multi-wands for good duration spells (Deflection & Bias/508 & 507 with Prismatic Guard/905) in the Elemental list. How about some corresponding Spirit love?
- Paladin wand: Mantle + Vision + Blessing (1601/1610/1611), also all 20-minute-base spells.
- Rather than having to get the piecemeal ones for Cleric: Prayer/313 & Sphere/310 & Benediction/307? (Higher price, throw in Prayer of Protection/303 for a fourth...)
- I've mentioned before, the "Boss Monster" multi-spell item: WizShield/919, Spell Shield/219, Faith Shield/1619 (all 30-second base spells). Go nuts, throw in Wall of Force/140 while you're at it.

Separately, I would like to request that all of the 30-second spells be updated to a duration of thirty THREE seconds (33s), so that the caster has enough time to actually get 30 seconds of benefit out of them. (Casting outside and then jumping through the door, for example.)
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 10:01 AM CST
For Spellbound:
Yes, 1109, please!
And 606 is always welcome back. Was about to purchase one of these, when inventory updated.

Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 10:24 AM CST
> And 606 is always welcome back. Was about to purchase one of these, when inventory updated.

I was also in this category. I didn't care about it enough to bring it up, but it was disappointing for them to disappear mid-run.

So the request for August 2022 might be to request that if you are going to change inventory mid-run, a bit of notice would be helpful for planning. Or just add new items and don't remove the old ones?
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 11:14 AM CST

Plenty of notice was given that the inventory would be refreshed mid run. The same thing happened last run and it was a good thing. Instead of updating the inventory at the start of the run, Estild updated the inventory mid run which gives people a shot at both last run's items and the new set. This is nothing but awesome. PLEASE don't complain about us having more options instead of less. Would hate to have that taken away after 2 runs of greatness because someone complained about it.
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 11:50 AM CST
I watch Spellbound pretty closely, and I don't remember a mid-run refresh last August. I would be fine with being proven wrong, I just don't recall it happening.

When/where was notice given this run? There was definitely a note that said the inventory was refreshed, but I don't recall getting any time to buy things that were going away. But again I could have missed it. It could also have happened on Discord. I don't really want to get into the whole "what is the official means of communication" discussion here, other than to say that an announcement like refreshed inventory should be put onto these boards as long as they exist.

Lastly, I made the suggestion to just ADD items mid-run, versus replacing the ones available at the start. If something is going to be made available for half the run, what is the harm in making it available for the full run?
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 11:57 AM CST
Please don't take this as a personal attack because it isn't. It's just expressing frustration that we've had this awesome opportunity to double dip in spellbound and I don't want it taken away because someone doesn't want to check out discord and who "follows spellbound pretty closely" but missed that on August 20th 2021, spellbound was refreshed mid run and this run's mid run refresh is nothing new.

I don't want to speak for staff, but I'd say there are very likely item limits per shop that make it so that you can't just double the inventory of a shop during any given run. Again, its a service to us to be able to access last run's shop items for part of the time and get a mid run refresh, vs just not having access to what we might have missed last run at all. Don't blow it, please!

Estild — 08/20/2021
Spellbound's inventory has been updated with the following items:
Items in the case are magical trinkets which automatically recharge daily:

Green Leaf Symbol: Phoen's Strength (606) - 1x/day
Shiny Templar Symbol: Dauntless (1606) - 1x/day
Shiny Knight Pin: Bravery (211) - 1x/day
Iron Shard Pin: Iron Skin (1202) - 1x/day
Turquoise Gemstone: Shroud of Deception (1212) - 1x/day
Mossbark Bark: Barkskin (605) - 3x/day
Grasping Arms Stickpin: Grasp of the Grave (709) - 20x/day
Gate Clasp: Minor Sanctuary (213) - 3x/day
Collection Bowl Trinket: Relieve Burden (314) - 1x/day

Mutli-cast wands (casts all spells simultaneously):

Spiral Crystal Wand: Spirit Dispel (119), Elemental Dispel (417), Mental Dispel (1218) - 10x/day
Crystal Baton - Bane/Smite (302), Chromatic Circle (502), Mana Disruption (702), Heal/Harm (1101) - 40x/day
Luminescent Baton: Elemental Defense I (401), Elemental Defense II (406), Elemental Defense III (414) - 1x/day
Cloud-enruned Scepter: Stun Cloud (1704), Death Cloud (1713), Quake (1714), Firestorm (1715) - 40x/day
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 12:03 PM CST
I'm not really fired up one direction or the other on WHEN the change happens, but Estild did post several years ago (in response to one of my inquiries) that it will change essentially every time.
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 01:52 PM CST
No personal attack felt, so you're good there. Any item limits should be an easy hurdle to clear, but I get that isn't always a safe assump

I suppose "closely" is subjective, but to me it means I see what is there every run. I don't see the thing you posted from Estild from 08/20/21 on these boards. I do watch these boards, and should have seen anything posted about Spellbound. But I can't 100% guarantee I didn't miss it if it was posted. Regardless, I don't think any other shop out there changes availability of off-the-shelf items mid-run, so why would I think to check a shop more than once?

Ultimately, I'm fine with the model. And now I know to buy something if I want it, as it isn't guaranteed to be there later. This is really more a communication issue. It's a lot to assume that everybody knows that is how this particular shop works. So a message that says "inventory in Spellbound will be refreshed on xx/xx/xx, plan accordingly" would be great. I saw the message sent this run that said inventory had already been refreshed. Why not send that 2-3 days earlier and give us some time?
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/07/2022 03:10 PM CST

my apologies for posting this in multiple spots I am confused by the forum a bit and want to make sure I'm posting it in the right spot - I would love love love an animalistic greatsword option - I was too late in requesting last DR but promise to buy at least one if available!
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/13/2022 05:34 PM CDT
I'd like to see a maxed out pirate harnesses like the ones in Mar and Scar through Feb '21.

a weathered leather harness made from a multitude of straps
Re: Items/Shops requests - August 2022 03/19/2022 08:15 PM CDT
We're going to move the Duskruin High End Scrip Shop/HESS and Duskruin shop/item requests for August to Google form submissions. If you have already submitted yours on the threads on the forums, no need to repeat, I have them down. These will be pinned in the #duskruin channel on Discord for every upcoming run.

Please use this form to submit item requests:
https://forms.gle/fkq6H3cz1GVvoS2A9

Please use this form to submit HESS service addition requests:
https://forms.gle/WPeoqAQJoHHDQw2dA

Let me know if you have any questions or experience any problems with the forms.

GameMistress Tivvy