Prev_page Previous 1
Sigil Staff Update 02/19/2020 04:07 PM CST
I've made a few updates to Sigil Staves:

1.) There is now a +25 bonus to the activation check when invoking a spell from a Sigil Staff.
2.) Invoked spells from a Sigil Staff now receive a +15 AS/+10 CS bonus when cast.
3.) Starting at tier 2, Sigil Staves have a (scripted) dispel flare, for up to 1 spell, that triggers before a spell attack resolves. At tier 3, the dispel flare can affect up to 2 spells (1d2) and if no spells are active on the target, triggers a SMRv2 (using MIU ranks at 1x for baseline) and subjects the target to disruption damage if they fail. At tier 4, the dispel flare can affect up to 3 spells (1d3).
4.) When transferring spells from a scroll to the sigil staff, it will now combine charges if the spell is already on the staff and it is not above 40 charges. Any charges past 40 are put into a new slot on the staff. For SK scrolls, this results in a higher duration for the SK scroll effect.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/19/2020 05:14 PM CST
Sweet!
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/19/2020 07:41 PM CST
I am incredibly excited about these updates. Thank you.

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/19/2020 11:01 PM CST

Very nice addition GM Estild. Krakii, get on getting me one of those for my sorcerer. :)

Jim
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/19/2020 11:36 PM CST
Great updates! This makes me want a sigil staff significantly more. Any chance we can have another visit from the merchant with the T5 unlocks, now since the sigil staves have been upgraded?
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/20/2020 09:53 AM CST

Any chance you could upgrade the parasite staffs too?
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/20/2020 11:09 AM CST
I made a few more updates since yesterday and updated the original post: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/11736

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/20/2020 12:02 PM CST
Okay, charge-combining is the Great Big "Thank You!" from my want-list when you released 'em.
So... Thank You! :)

And it sounds like the staff does the math for us, just capping the first storage spot at 40 and then rolling the leftovers into a new?

All of this is awesome to get as an upgrade, Estild; great work.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/20/2020 01:33 PM CST
KRAKII
And it sounds like the staff does the math for us, just capping the first storage spot at 40 and then rolling the leftovers into a new?

Correct.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/20/2020 11:18 PM CST
I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended for the dispel flare. But it dispelled my 309 effect.

Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your orase walking stick toward an arctic titan and cage it within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!

You sense Eorgina's condemnation of an arctic titan wane.
A hazy film coats an arctic titan.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/21/2020 08:29 AM CST
And I was just thinking about this earlier, too: speaking as a Bard who is frequently laying several different effects onto enemy creatures--"Depression" is the one that matters most, but potentially also Elemental Saturation, Lullabye, Rage, and so on--I would hope that there may be a check to work only on creature buffs/positive effects, rather than malware that we have added to them?
(Basically the reverse of last spring's Channeled Dispel announcement #3372 by Estild. That hits only negative effects--good for clearing bad things from your friends & yourself--and the staff should hit only good things [to de-buff the enemy you're casting at].)
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/21/2020 08:39 AM CST
I agree, with the introduction of CHANNEL only targeting negative effects, we can probably make it so non-channeled dispels do not remove them (thus would not remove the spells you cast at creatures, etc).

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/21/2020 10:16 AM CST
That will be tremendous, Estild. Good decision, and great job circling back to update the not-quite-Tier-5-yet staves to be more useful & attractive for folks. :)

I debated about getting some of the Mana-armor, but decided to go with the Karma-armor instead (this time), since I think that will be more useful to my lower-level guys.
I would be highly interested in seeing someone with the combined effect firing off, though....
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/21/2020 11:15 AM CST

A bolt of energy leaps from your silk robe and sets the sigils along your glowbark crosier ablaze. Tendrils of radiant energy lash out at a large mountain lion and cage him within bands of concentric geometry...

[SMR result: 233 (Open d100: 12, Bonus: 118)]
The bands constrict around a large mountain lion!
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/21/2020 11:19 AM CST
Tasty. :)

Thanks, Dalaran!
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/25/2020 11:33 AM CST
Due to the other change I made to dispels today (http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Combat,%20Magic,%20and%20Character%20Mechanics/Magic/view/280), the Sigil Staff dispel should no longer remove spells like Condemn (309) and Earthen Fury (917).

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/25/2020 12:13 PM CST
That link--as posted--does not work for me. (MSIE 11, I think it is, in Winvirus10.)
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/25/2020 02:44 PM CST
Do you think there will ever be a day where standard dispel flares (kroderine and otherwise) fire off before combat?

The whole after combat thing has always greatly reduced the effectiveness, and it's such a neat mechanic otherwise.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/25/2020 02:49 PM CST
SVEN2010
Do you think there will ever be a day where standard dispel flares (kroderine and otherwise) fire off before combat?
The whole after combat thing has always greatly reduced the effectiveness, and it's such a neat mechanic otherwise.

It's definitely possible. Standard dispel flares probably should work like the Sigil Staff script dispel flares (before combat and damage if no active spells). The standard dispel flares are too lackluster as is.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/25/2020 02:57 PM CST
>I'll have this done by Tuesday.

>GameMaster Estild

Thank you
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/25/2020 06:36 PM CST
I would love to see that.
I would start the Bard grinding the Arena just to get a kroderine runestaff to see that happen... :)
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 08:38 AM CST
GameMaster Estild
3.) Starting at tier 2, Sigil Staves have a (scripted) dispel flare, for up to 1 spell, that triggers before a spell attack resolves. At tier 3, the dispel flare can affect up to 2 spells (1d2) and if no spells are active on the target, triggers a SMRv2 (using MIU ranks at 1x for baseline) and subjects the target to disruption damage if they fail. At tier 4, the dispel flare can affect up to 3 spells (1d3).

I bugged my stick in game as well, but this does not seem to be functional for my orase buddy.

Ragz
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 09:54 AM CST
Kroderine and dispel flares getting the same treatment as sigil stave dispel flares would be a very welcome addition. If we could also get the shield maneuver "shield strike" to perform the shield bash before the strike, that would be another very welcome change.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 10:01 AM CST
With the "using both/combined equipment Tier-percentage" bonus flare, am I correct that using a T4 staff and OTS Tier0 armor gives me a 4% chance of getting the free benefit flare, and "just the fluffy verbs" from the armor?
(Since even the "get mana back out of it" flare is Tier1.)

Is there in fact any point in putting mana INTO some Tier0 armor?

Debating whether to go this route (and hope for extra free flares) or use the Karma-Armor instead (and hope for some protection)...
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 10:01 AM CST
Ragz
I bugged my stick in game as well, but this does not seem to be functional for my orase buddy.

This should now be resolved.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 10:24 AM CST
ALLENM20
Kroderine and dispel flares getting the same treatment as sigil stave dispel flares would be a very welcome addition. If we could also get the shield maneuver "shield strike" to perform the shield bash before the strike, that would be another very welcome change.

I'm going to update all dispel flares (which includes kroderine) to act the same.

Do you mean for Shield Strike Mastery and not Shield Strike itself? The latter already triggers before the actual attack.

>shield strike rat
You launch a quick bash with your low steel greatshield at a giant brown rat!
[Roll result: 104 (open d100: 9) Penalties: 2]
Your bash connects!
... 10 points of damage!
The brown rat's right leg jerks momentarily but snaps right back.
You swing a ghezyte longsword at a giant brown rat!
AS: +403 vs DS: +255 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +47 = +212
... and hit for 25 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the back.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

KRAKII
With the "using both/combined equipment Tier-percentage" bonus flare, am I correct that using a T4 staff and OTS Tier0 armor gives me a 4% chance of getting the free benefit flare, and "just the fluffy verbs" from the armor?
(Since even the "get mana back out of it" flare is Tier1.)

Correct, you should have a 4% chance to trigger the Sigil of Binding flare.

KRAKII
Is there in fact any point in putting mana INTO some Tier0 armor?

You'll want to infuse at least 1 mana, as it is required to have mana for many of its fluff messaging (but no mana is consumed from those).

GameMaster Estild
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 10:47 AM CST
You mistake my interest in "now with free flares!" for "being the least bit inclined towards fluff."
(See also my brief rant about the 'Shenanigans' session.)
Basically the two things I do with armor are put it on, and take it off.
(And I'm looking forward to eventually having the Karma-Armor go all explodey on some poor hapless critter, but that's still pending. Okay, and the morphing armor[s] I change around from time to time. And when the Mana one gets upgraded a bit, for its things.
So these FIVE things are the things I do with armor...)

(But thanks for the heads-up about having at least one there. I'm sure it will be useful to people who use fluff verbs. :)
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 12:19 PM CST
Thank you for looking into dispel flares Estild. Seriously appreciated!
Re: Sigil Staff Update 02/26/2020 10:35 PM CST
Yes, sorry Estild. I meant Shield Strike Mastery.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Sigil Staff Update 04/05/2020 12:19 AM CDT

Hey Estild,

Any update on those dispel flares, by any chance? I've been so excited to see them finally get some love!
Re: Sigil Staff Update 08/19/2020 05:41 PM CDT
Estild, a quick question for you:
"At this tier, Sigil Staves acquire a scripted dispel flare (which does not take up the Cat B script slot) that triggers before a spell attack resolves and dispels up to one spell." -- GSWiki article, tier2
"3.) Starting at tier 2, Sigil Staves have a (scripted) dispel flare, for up to 1 spell, that triggers before a spell attack resolves. At tier 3, the dispel flare can affect up to 2 spells (1d2) and if no spells are active on the target, triggers a SMRv2 (using MIU ranks at 1x for baseline) and subjects the target to disruption damage if they fail. At tier 4, the dispel flare can affect up to 3 spells (1d3)." -- your announcement, #11736

Is it the case that this effect is supposed to REPLACE the casting of the spell? Or just be "another source of flare"?
a) If the first... can that be a toggle?
b) If the latter, I think it may be broken?

Because I just used my (shiny, new Tier5!) sigil staff in the Arena, and I had a couple of casts result in the SMR line against the opponent, yes.
But there was no "bang" from Disruption (the spell being actually cast).

(On the other hand, I had the Tier5 double-cast happen twice, including once on the 25th rank Champion, so I was happy about that aspect.)

But I would a lot rather (choice 'a', above) get the 100-200 damage from the Disrupt than the 7-10hp and a "that seems ineffective" message, for my 3s RT in a timed event.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 08/22/2020 04:35 PM CDT
Estild, this is a follow-up for my message #12203 (and my email directly to you, that followed; and my 'bugitem' in-game):
1) First off, are the SMR flares working as intended? Because I cannot recall one single one that has NOT said, "That does not seem to work."
So, are all of the effects happening from it?

2) Is the SMR result line merely "this is what allows the flare to trigger"? (This is what I now believe to be the case.)
Rather than, for example, "how badly this SMR is going to suck for you." (Which is how, uhhh, every other SMR result that I've run across, works.)

Because here's a fine sample:

[SMR result: 235 (Open d100: 163)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a burly grahnk and cage her within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 10 points of damage!
Strike to the burly grahnk's back causes minor spasms.

That does not seem to work.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

So there's the "thing that doesn't seem to work". Okay.

And meanwhile, that's a 235 end result. EVERYthing that I get hit by that's SMR, would break my spine in half with a result that good.

Ten flippin' hit points? Really?

3) Seriously: is this supposed to REPLACE the spellcast?
If so: why? (Unless there is supposed to be a correlation between SMR result and damage, and in which case that part is just broken.)
And if so again: can that be made optional? A toggle? A cert to be able to turn it OFF again?
And continuing with if so: is it supposed to charge the full thirty (30) mana for Disruption, even single-target? Because mine is.

And if it is not supposed to replace the cast: mine is broken. (I get no "actual spell" there. Only the SMR.)

On the whole, nice item. The double-cast is extremely spicy. (Including the basic runestaff flare, I hit one champion for 444 on one double-cast, and the immediate next cast was also doubled & came to 473. >900 points in two casts for 20 mana is excellent.)
When it happens.

But I do not believe the number of double-casts equals the number of SMRs, which means that--on average--I am losing damage inflicted.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 08/28/2020 09:15 AM CDT
Estild, some further observations:

1) I think I have been unfairly maligning Tier2 as the one responsible for the sucky SMR stuff. After re-(re-re-re-)reading the information, Tier2 is the dispel effect beforehand, and that is in fact firing off just fine. (Completely unnoticed in the Arena, since nothing there wear spells... but I did see it on Reim creatures when I went over to get some LTE boosts.)

2) That flare is in fact attributed to Tier3... so, "yes," I believe it to be broken IF the information is accurate as released.
The dispel flare (granted by Tier2) happens "before a spell attack resolves" (your announcement, #11736).
NOT "in place of" the spell attack. (Unless you happen to have left that out.)
At Tier3, if there are no spells to be dispelled--such as everything in the Arena--trigger SMRv2 for disruption if they fail.

- I keep getting "no spell attack" when I cast. (Problem #1.)
and
- Even though I am using single-target Disruption/1030 (which should be only ten [10] mana), this disruption attempt keeps charging me thirty (30) mana. (Problem #2.)

I submit that both of those situations are correctly "bugs".

3) The SMR conferred at Tier3 with MIU to trigger... the only thing that this check actually does is answer, "does a flare happen," correct? And then the flare itself is random, on the disruption table?

Because I can see precisely NO correlation between the SMR results--like that open-163 I posted previously, end result of 235... that did a whopping 10hp--and the damage inflicted.

Here are some of today's serious winners:

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a dark-crested basilisk.

[SMR result: 205 (Open d100: 86, Bonus: 75)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a dark-crested basilisk and cage her within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 25 points of damage!
Flesh bubbles on the dark-crested basilisk's left leg.

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a shaggy tusked ursian.

[SMR result: 215 (Open d100: 62, Bonus: 82)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a shaggy tusked ursian and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 35 points of damage!
Oozing sores appear on the tusked ursian's left hand.

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a flat-nosed hobgoblin shaman.

[SMR result: 170 (Open d100: 81)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a flat-nosed hobgoblin shaman and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 15 points of damage!
Large lesions sprout on the hobgoblin shaman's shield arm.
The hobgoblin shaman is stunned!

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a patchy wart-covered vor'taz.

[SMR result: 137 (Open d100: 60)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a patchy wart-covered vor'taz and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 25 points of damage!
Minor muscle tearing on the wart-covered vor'taz's left leg.
The wart-covered vor'taz is stunned!

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a haggard snow witch.

[SMR result: 173 (Open d100: 87)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a haggard snow witch and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 30 points of damage!
Blood flow to the snow witch's left eye cut off.
The snow witch is stunned!

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a grey-skinned gnoll ranger.

[SMR result: 235 (Open d100: 67, Bonus: 85)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a grey-skinned gnoll ranger and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 10 points of damage!
The gnoll ranger's stomach muscles jerk uncontrollably.

(This one is actually from a Tier5 double-cast.)

Numerous sigils along your fireleaf staff abruptly flare to brilliance! Pale energy surges from each, twining into an echo of your last spell...

[SMR result: 299 (Open d100: 160, Bonus: 68)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a dark-crested basilisk and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 20 points of damage!
Major bones in the dark-crested basilisk's right leg crack loudly!

(When this flare happens as part of the Tier5 double-cast flare, it correctly charges me zero [0] mana.)

That 137 total is one of the BETTER results (25hp). All of the 173-through-299 totals don't have a lot going for them by comparison.

Now with that said... VERY occasionally there will be something good, but it doesn't happen often.

And in fact, it seems--completely anecdotal observation, no actual analysis to back it up--to be MORE effective on end results in the 110-145 range.

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a banded cave worm.

[SMR result: 110 (Open d100: 44)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a banded cave worm and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 30 points of damage!
The cave worm's eye swells and cracks head open! Instant death.
The worm rolls over and dies.

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

The effect itself appears to be completely random: pick a body part, pick a crit level, just like a normal flare.

Why even bother calling this SMR, and just make it a straight MIU activation?

If I, as a PC, were hit by ANY of those >200 results by ANY SMR calculation, I'd be at least stunned into next week, and most likely dead. Pick-A-Maneuver, wouldn't matter.

4) I believe you used precisely the same check for the Tier3 flare on the staff, and the Set Bonus flare from the staff+armor combination (for the rooting effect).

Could you possibly REMOVE the "That does not seem to work." from that check, when it is staff-only? Since it is never going to work, because it is not the staff+armor chunk of script?
(As an alternative, if you were feeling generous, I would be perfectly willing to accept having it fire off the staff+armor chunk of script, if the user is in fact also wearing the armor.)
Re: Sigil Staff Update 08/28/2020 11:12 AM CDT
Obviously I only really notice the ones that stand out, but it really does seem that "effectiveness improves as results approach 100."

Your spellsong is ready.
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a flat-nosed hobgoblin shaman.

[SMR result: 105 (Open d100: 40)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward a flat-nosed hobgoblin shaman and cage him within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 30 points of damage!
Vertebrae ripped from body! The hobgoblin shaman's head falls into shoulders.
The hobgoblin shaman gasps a final prayer, then falls to the ground dead.

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Which really seems to stand things on its head.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 08/28/2020 11:29 AM CDT
Two things worth pointing out here are 1) randomization means we can't really take any 1 or 2 rolls and compare them to another 1 or 2 rolls, and 2) we're looking at different targets that may have differing levels of crit and damage padding and resistance to the damage type (though in fairness I don't think many things have specific resistance to disruption)
Re: Sigil Staff Update 09/09/2020 08:31 AM CDT
"is it supposed to charge the full thirty (30) mana for Disruption, even single-target? Because mine is." -- Me, #12236

Estild, I wanted to bump this with a particular shout out with the mana.

Remember when Smite got released, with its random rotating "NOW with extra mana cost!!", and how clerics were up in arms about it? And remember how it was some piddly little amount, like +5 mana (for a 2 mana spell), and possibly causing nerve damage?

Well, I'm talking about going from an expected TEN mana spell, to THIRTY mana. Yes, I realize that as a percentage Smite was even worse, at 2+5. However, as an absolute value, +20 mana is a GREAT BIG HONKING CHUNK OF MANA, potentially leading to serious nerve damage.

So I would really appreciate it if you would address what's up with the Tier3 portion of the script on the staff.

Thanks!
Re: Sigil Staff Update 09/14/2020 01:47 PM CDT
Heh. So I got to a bit of thinking about the Staff tiers, and some HESS certificates, and looking at some of the questions over in the Combat category \ Weapons topic.

- Start with a sigil staff. (1k to 10k 'scrip.)
- Use a Tier1-to-Tier2 ('pale') certificate. Staff now has dispel flares. (10k 'scrip.)
- Use a HESS ('dispel boost' booklet to crank up the dispel flare. "The bearer of this booklet is entitled to have +1 added to a dispel flare (max of 3 total). Item must already have the dispel flare." (30k 'scrip.)
- Do it again. "max of 3 total" (Another 30k 'scrip.)
- End with a Tier2 staff able to do a three-banger Dispel flare...

...for 71-80 thousand 'scrip, instead of 161-170 thousand. (Net cost for Tier3 + Tier4 on top.)

Of course, if you ever DO wind up boosting it up to a higher Tier, those Dispels wouldn't be effective so it would be a burn of 30k each time.

Estild, is this notionally a legal construction?
Re: Sigil Staff Update 09/15/2020 08:00 AM CDT
The dispel flares inherent to the sigil staff reside in the script slot (D) and are increased in power as it tiers up. You could also add "regular" dispel flares using the rare flare cert and then the boost booklets which would add the flares to the B slot. So you'd actually have double dispel flares.
Re: Sigil Staff Update 09/15/2020 08:22 AM CDT
I... had not considered that. Great thought!

And since I have been largely unimpressed with all of the flares that I've tried--I confess, I am pretty much spoiled rotten by watching Sonic Weapons go off--that may well be something that I turn my hand to. Stripping defenses off before the attack even tries to hit 'em? Winner all around.
Re: Sigil Staff Update -- ESTILD, it *is* buggy! 09/19/2020 08:46 PM CDT
You speak quietly in flowing elven, preparing the Song of Sonic Disruption spell...
Your spellsong is ready.
>
You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at the Drill Sergeant.

[SMR result: 143 (Open d100: 59, Bonus: 28)]
Tendrils of pale energy lash out from your fireleaf staff toward the Drill Sergeant and cage it within bands of concentric geometry that constrict as one, shattering upon impact!
... 25 points of damage!
A weak slap on the wrist.
That's not going to reform a soul.

I realize that I bang a drum pretty hard, but seriously, man: it ain't right. Follow up on the BugItem submitted, and look at the actual results. Lurk around after me if need be.

Tier1 is pure fluff. Great. Maybe some day I'll use a verb other than "get" and "put" and see what they do.

Tier2 is transferring spells from scrolls (which actually is great), and--now--a possible "dispel flare that triggers before a spell attack resolves and dispels up to one spell." -- per GSWiki

That up there is clearly not dispelling anything, so that isn't this.

Tier4 mana reduction is great, unless your Reim Emperor puts you into 20s RT for 2/3rds of it. Still, nice ability.

Tier5 double-cast is the cat's meow, but sadly I keep seeing "VibeChant now with free VibeChant!" on a 2Hand/Pole Arm/previously Vibe-Chanted 1Hand target. :(

Tier3 can be Waved to dispel. (Which I think I have remembered to do like twice. Ever. I need to remember to do that more.) That up there clearly wasn't this, because it was just me casting.

Or it could be the dispel flare. But that up there wasn't this, either, because: still no dispel.

So it may very well have been the SMRv2 disruption damage "if the target had no spells (which the Sergeant in fact did not).

But it most certainly was not anything that "triggered before a spell resolves", because THERE AIN'T NO SPELL.

AND it is charging THIRTY mana for a TEN mana cast. ("directing the sound" == targeted Dispel, should cost 10.)

Seriously, man. It needs fixing.
Prev_page Previous 1