Any hints? 12/21/2013 04:35 PM CST

a coiled black vaalin wyvern ring set with smoky quartz crystal claws

The vaalin wyvern ring has a crystal placed in its setting.

Looks like mystic focus and an aura enhancive but doesn't sing as rechargable, etc.

Also, when it's activated it has messaging about the crystal in the setting dimming.

Help creator please! :)

Jim/Tk
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 04:36 PM CST

Also found I could do this... by pulling it:

>pull ring
You pull at the crystal setting, and manage to crack the crystal. You could break it completely if you attempted it again.

I'd really rather not break it completely! :)

Jim
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 04:51 PM CST
Pure guess: It is a crystal holder. Currently, it has a special "quartz crystal" in it that holds the mystic focus spell, probably with a lot of charges. When you use all the charges in the current crystal, you can put a different crystal in it (black, blue, white). Again, that's just a guess.
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 04:54 PM CST

<<Pure guess: It is a crystal holder. Currently, it has a special "quartz crystal" in it that holds the mystic focus spell, probably with a lot of charges. When you use all the charges in the current crystal, you can put a different crystal in it (black, blue, white). Again, that's just a guess.>>

Hmm, well then it becomes less fun! I was hoping maybe different gems or crystal types offered different arcane spells, but I'm loathe to remove mystic focus for the other three...
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 04:59 PM CST
Does other crystal holding jewelry give the same message when pulled?
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 05:17 PM CST

<<Does other crystal holding jewelry give the same message when pulled?>>

My wristlet I found playing games seems to indicate the same message yes.
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 05:53 PM CST
'Hmm, well then it becomes less fun! I was hoping maybe different gems or crystal types offered different arcane spells, but I'm loathe to remove mystic focus for the other three...'

I'm pretty sure other crystals exist other than the pawnshop variety. I think it was a Solhaven festival that had bravery and mystic focus among others. Try nilandia site or pshops
Re: Any hints? 12/21/2013 07:36 PM CST

>>Droughtman whispers, "That'll make some lovely ice balls, and help ya out with magic in a way if you're wearin it."

I'm not sure I found how it helps out with magic, am I reading more into the statement than there is to find?
Re: Any hints? 12/22/2013 12:27 AM CST
other crystals made via alchemy as well.

Manna, light, and darkness are the first three that come to mind. There's others though.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."
Re: Any hints? 12/22/2013 12:31 AM CST

Do the other trinket types that don't use the word 'crystal' also work?

disk, cube, sphere, pyramid
Re: Any hints? 12/22/2013 02:31 AM CST
Crystals only.

They were originally hard coded to only allow blue, white, black, and alchemy created crystals, but I revisited the script early this year and updated it a bit. They now accept any "crystal" that casts a spell based on RUB. The original crystals (blue, white, black, alchemy created) get fancy messaging when used in the unlocked versions, but that's it.

When the magical item charges are used up, the crystal will shatter and you can add a new crystal to it, the jewelry itself remains safe.
Many of the prizes here for Droughtman's Challenge have fancy spells with more charges than you'll find in normal jewelry, but the real prize is the enhancive holder itself. Consider the spells a bit of icing.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(