So let's talk about the items 12/08/2013 04:13 PM CST

Mars,

Your smart weapons..are those the white runed ones you unlocked at RtCF?

Re black ora mask

A helm does sound kinda cool as a use for black ora, I could see why it was requested in plat. I'm not sure I understood where this non-functional mask was to be worn. Is there the option that it can be worn similiar to the face concealing shrouds or in the features like the whisper masks?

Lochiven
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/08/2013 04:36 PM CST
>>A helm does sound kinda cool as a use for black ora, I could see why it was requested in plat. I'm not sure I understood where this non-functional mask was to be worn. Is there the option that it can be worn similiar to the face concealing shrouds or in the features like the whisper masks?

Those are designed specifically to show up differently. The mask is head worn. But it has all the black ora jewelry functions. This one is NOT a helmet, it's a simple prop piece. If the winner would rather have a helmet, I can switch it out. But it would need to be done over the DMC weekend. It won't be honored at a later time.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/08/2013 04:37 PM CST
It's greater black ora, therefore functional and head worn.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/08/2013 05:19 PM CST
I tried to find a reference to black Ora on Krakiipedia but can't find anything about jewelry. Is it just cursed super scripts jewelry?

Velvette
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/08/2013 05:31 PM CST

<<I tried to find a reference to black Ora on Krakiipedia but can't find anything about jewelry. Is it just cursed super scripts jewelry?>>

Black ora jewelry can never be removed once worn, but is distributed in witchwood boxes. Items can be designed by the winners, and can be designated to be worn on the head, wrist, finger, neck, earlobe, ankle, or in the hair. Greater black ora jewelry has a spirit drain and returns mana, as well as giving a way to create a pillar of darkness. It also has scripts for infuse, touch, clench, and pose. Locked black ora jewelry may have scripts as well, but it's unknown for sure.

Source: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Ebon_Gate_2013_Merchants

There is also a Krakii page: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Black_ora
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/08/2013 10:12 PM CST

>>It's greater black ora, therefore functional and head worn. <<

Good news -- black ora, greater and lesser, is non-functional as of Wyrom's original changes.

Rejoice! And thank Wyrom.

-E
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/10/2013 12:46 AM CST
>Your smart weapons..are those the white runed ones you unlocked at RtCF?

It is the same script. I've just given it a name (Smart Weapons) so people can easily reference to it.

For those unfamiliar with these weapons, ANALYZE one while holding it and you will learn quite a bit about the weapon's current status. After attuned, you will see new verbs/commands appear in ANALYZE. In this case, being attuned to the weapon is strictly a matter of weapon and wielder having a mild affinity for each other. Due to the fickle nature of elementals, it can quickly forget its former master and begin to like someone else as soon as they use any relevant verbs/commands. This makes them easily transferable between characters (yay!), but also can force you to have to re-attune to if someone happens to pick it up after it is dropped/disarmed/etc, and that person also happens to play around with it.

Good luck in the maze!

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/12/2013 06:48 PM CST
Here's something that hasn't been done before...

>look katana
Two spherical depressions adorn the black rolaren katana, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. All of the gem chambers are currently empty.
There appears to be something written on it.

>look second katana
Two spherical depressions adorn the silvery eonake katana, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. All of the gem chambers are currently empty.
There appears to be something written on it.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/12/2013 07:00 PM CST

Would you look at that.. Catchy names I hope too.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/12/2013 08:25 PM CST
Ooo...

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/12/2013 08:31 PM CST

>Here's something that hasn't been done before...

I think you should take that longsword off the wall, too.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 12:48 AM CST

<<<I think you should take that longsword off the wall, too.

I heard that was going to be the grand prize for the next DMC.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 09:43 AM CST
The properties ascribed to the Beastcleaver are a bit above and beyond what we would normally release, through any means.

If there is a serious interest, it could probably be tweaked down and released through some method. But it's a longsword, which is decidedly not a falchion, handaxe, shortsword, or dagger, so no one would use it :(

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 09:57 AM CST

>But it's a longsword, which is decidedly not a falchion, handaxe, shortsword, or dagger, so no one would use it :(

my little rogue would
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 12:51 PM CST
>>If there is a serious interest, it could probably be tweaked down and released through some method. But it's a longsword, which is decidedly not a falchion, handaxe, shortsword, or dagger, so no one would use it :(

Some people still choose weapons based on RP and not mechanics... It's a select few.

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 01:18 PM CST
<<If there is a serious interest, it could probably be tweaked down and released through some method. But it's a longsword, which is decidedly not a falchion, handaxe, shortsword, or dagger, so no one would use it :(>>

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not disparage longswords and we who like them.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 02:32 PM CST

<<<The properties ascribed to the Beastcleaver are a bit above and beyond what we would normally release, through any means.

<<<If there is a serious interest, it could probably be tweaked down and released through some method. But it's a longsword, which is decidedly not a falchion, handaxe, shortsword, or dagger, so no one would use it :(

For flaring weapons, my TWC bard uses shorts now. But for crit weighted, he still uses longswords. Nothing like swinging two longs, and singing a longsword singing sword song.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 04:26 PM CST

longswords are one of the items that folks ask Clunk to make, so they cant be that unpopular

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/13/2013 11:16 PM CST
I put the set from the first DMC on my TWC warrior. The Crit/Damage weighted set of Longsword/Short Sword with belt.

Rest assured Longswords may not be as popular as some other OHE weapon types, but by no means are they despised.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/14/2013 12:46 AM CST
I don't care how much anyone likes longswords. No one should be removing the fittings for its half dozen orbs, or roughing up the keen edge of the blade of the Beastcleaver just so someone can "own" it. For shame. Shame! A pox on all your houses!
Re: So let's talk about the items 12/14/2013 06:44 AM CST
I'm with Clunk on this one. As one of Plats most prominent forgers I will say that longsword is one of my most requested OHE.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!