Website Issue 12/06/2013 09:08 PM CST

My apologies to everyone who read my original post already, but I must repeat it, without the profanity, as it was deleted.

I'm annoyed enough to repost without the alleged profanity.

<<So, apparently I missed out because I was looking in the box office- special events offered now- which stated tickets were not available at this time (the entire three minutes they were on sale).>>

I reiterate, I think it was the site's fault.

Christine
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 09:32 PM CST

This was a site bug, and I'm very upset about it as well. I've put off IRL plans and IRL money aside for an ATTEMPT at this quest, and because I didn't know a BUG workaround, I didn't even get an attempt. That's bull crap. Fix that, and compensate.
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 09:51 PM CST
I thought the website issue was something more recent. If it has indeed been a KNOWN issue since 2006 perhaps Simu should spend a little bit of money and hire someone who knows how to code a fix to it?
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 09:55 PM CST

The purchase of these tickets, at least getting from play.net/gs4 to the page where you purchase tickets was the exact same series of clicks used for as long as I can remember.

I'll agree that it isn't the most intuitive system. But we should all be used to it by now. My opinion is that if this event is important enough to you to complain if you do not get a ticket, then it should have been important enough for you to take a few minutes prior to 8:59 and make sure you're familiar with the ticket buying process. The sign up links for DM were available earlier today, or you could always check out some other box office item like a wedding or something. I've gone to dozens and dozens of pay events and I still review it prior to each ticket purchase just to refresh myself.

People HAVE been complaining about this forever, I can remember complaints after tickets quickly sold out for the wavedancer 1st class, every auction event, prior DMs, RTCF, etc. It IS high time the click path was made more intuitive... but likewise... if something has existed in such a state for more than 10 years... the boy scouts had it right: Be Prepared.
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 09:57 PM CST

>The purchase of these tickets, at least getting from play.net/gs4 to the page where you purchase tickets was the exact same series of clicks used for as long as I can remember.

I've attended many pay events as well and I don't recall ever seeing it say that tickets are not yet for sale where the purchase tickets link should be. I guess it's all how you've gotten to the ticket page in the past.
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 10:09 PM CST

Here is the click path:

Play.net/gs4 click on the Droughtman Banner

Now on the Boxoffice Page (you could have gotten here other ways) Click on GSIV Prime Events

Now you've got the list, Droughtman is first. You can click either the Title "Droughtman 2013 Holiday" the D logo icon, or the "Get your ticket" link at the bottom.

They all take you to this page:

https://www.play.net/gs4/quests/list_slots.asp?questID=244

You'd pick the run you want to go on, Click "Details"

You're now on the ticket purchasing page, this is the page you want to refresh.
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 10:12 PM CST

>Now you've got the list, Droughtman is first. You can click either the Title "Droughtman 2013 Holiday" the D logo icon, or the "Get your ticket" link at the bottom.

yes, that's the point, Viril, the "get your ticket" link wasn't there. it said during the period that tickets were on sale that tickets were not on sale at that time.
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 10:18 PM CST

Exactly, people don't like to listen. The lick to "get your ticket now" or whatever was not up until after all the tickets were sold, if it even ever came up. I had to find out from a friend in game, that you can click on the D icon to buy a ticket. This bug was not announced, at all, that I'm aware of. I did not get a ticket because I didn't know a bug workaround. I'm sure MANY people have the same problem. There is no excuse for this, ESPECIALLY, the excuse that it's been like this for a long time now! That's this stupidest crap I've ever herd. That is NO excuse.
Re: Website Issue 12/06/2013 10:21 PM CST
I'm beginning to like that in-game raffle process better and better, even with all the challenges we pointed out.

Doug
Re: Website Issue 12/07/2013 02:24 PM CST
I had the same issue and didn't get a ticket. The screen that listed the 3 current events continued to read "More Information - Tickets for this event are unavailable for puchase at this time" for the Droughtman event even while tickets were being sold for it. I kept revisiting and refreshing the page, waiting for the "Get your ticket!" link to show up like the other two events below it but it never did. I didn't realize that I could click on the big "D." I spent all day in game and checking the website so it wasn't a lack of preparation. The worst part is the response that I got in game after reporting...we know it's upsetting to you but that's just how it is (basically I should have figured out that there were two ways to get to the tickets even though there was misinformation on the events page). Not we apologize and realize that there was misinformation on the events page that caused you to miss out and we appreciate your business and will make this right somehow. Sadly, this kind of stuff has happened before and will happen again. Why do I keep coming back for more?
Re: Website Issue 12/07/2013 02:33 PM CST

I got the same type of response when I complained for the same reason. I'm not coming back for more, especially since this was a known issue for many years, and it was not announced before the tickets went on sale. Sold my character. I'm out.