Prev_page Previous 1
Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 12:13 PM CST
Grand Prize

The grand prize is going to be a little bit different this time around. You will get the following:

3,000 SimuCoins

And then choose one (1) of the following:

+1 fusion slot (cap of 4 slots)
+5 enchant
+10 sighting
+10 weighting
+10 padding

Prize Pool

a tenebrous globe of ether
a tenebrous globe of ether
a pair of thick rolaren gauntlets with articulated fingers
a pair of thick rolaren gauntlets with a brass-riveted plate on each palm
a bejeweled quartz stone case embossed with a coiled maze roa'ter
an enruned dark glaes scarab brooch covered with a silver-swept crystal carapace
an enruned witchwood box
a cabochon of silver-ringed cerulean aetherstone
some matte black spidersilk robes banded with viridian satin on the sleeves
a lacquered silvery sephwir longbow with curved spiral nocks
a folded silvery eonake katana with a polished eahnor guard
a folded black rolaren katana with a polished eahnor guard
an enruned dark ironwood greatshield inlaid with polished eahnor chevrons
an enruned black rolaren buckler with a polished convex surface
a suit of smoky glaes platemail with polished rolaren poleyns
an opalescent cobalt vaalin band set with a nacreous blue waterweb
a ruic-stemmed dark glaes pipe with a faceted firestone bowl
a glaes-runed verdant faenor claidhmore
a thin-bladed silvery zorchar kris engraved with a line of blackened runes
a tapered ruddy gornar espadon with a deep-carved fuller
a rectangular rolaren-headed maul set with rhimar and drakar runes
a drakar-spiked blackened steel morning star with a scorched white oak handle
a double-edged cobalt rhimar warblade set with a frost agate pommel stone
an iron-reinforced wyrwood heavy crossbow with a brass-plated stock
a suit of triple-linked golvern augmented chainmail with dagged sleeves
a suit of celestial blue rolaren scalemail with ermine trim
a pair of thick golvern arm greaves inset with bars of polished rolaren
a darkened grey illthorn harp strung with silvery rolaren
a slender kelyn-tipped pike with a polished white oak shaft
a fel-hafted golvern waraxe
a thick rolaren-studded tetsubo with a polished ironwood haft
a pair of copper-banded mithglin bracers set with tiny rolaren gears
a copper-coiled fireleaf rune staff capped with a glowing glaesine orb
a pair of lead-toed leather boots
a pair of rolaren-threaded casting gloves with scorched fingertips
an engraved crimson eahnor greathelm with a glaes-paned visor
a rune-carved silvery lor staff
a slender dark illthorn staff
a pair of golvern-studded thick leather gauntlets
an ermine-lined cobalt wool cloak with a clasp of fused gold coins
a heavy golvern slab
a pair of thick leather gauntlets with eonake knuckle studs
a gold-runed crimson eahnor quiver
a glass-topped ironwood humidor inset with curled rolaren scrollwork
a black rapture cloak
an eahnor and silvery leather bracer
a reinforced crimson eahnor cuirass inset with numerous thin golden rods
a checkered azure and silver silk cloak clasped with a burnished golvern chain
a bronze shade-lizard
a rounded black cobblestone painted with a pair of golden feline eyes
a pair of lead-weighted leather gauntlets
a rhimar-cored silvery glaes greataxe with a leather-wrapped white oak handle
a polished cabochon of fulgurite pendant set on a rune-carved rolaren backing
a woven reed and dried wiregrass pouch
a tanned leather wand bandolier with waxed brown canvas loops
an enruned white ora armilly sphere with brass and copper rings
a curved dark ironwood scabbard set with faceted firestone cabochons
a coiled black vaalin wyvern ring set with smoky quartz crystal claws
a coiled green vaalin serpent bracelet set with smoky quartz crystal scales
a faceted sliver of grey shadowglass
a sturdy tanned leather belt set with silver-flecked white crystal beads
a circular faenor ivy vine medallion
an ebonwood gilt-worked staff
an eonake-runed mithril mace
an eonake-runed mithril talon sword
an eonake-runed mithril warlance
an eonake-runed mithril flamberge
a cyan-speckled alabaster mushroom
a roan-speckled alabaster mushroom
a lime-speckled alabaster mushroom
a kohl-speckled alabaster mushroom
a fawn-speckled alabaster mushroom
a weathered leather coin pouch stitched with strands of veniom thread
a deeply hooded black muslin burnoose stitched with argent runes down its sleeves
a blackened leather harness traced with argent scrollwork
a gleaming eonake naginata with a single wing-shaped blade
a distressed leather-wrapped bludgeon weighted with kelyn
a white opal torus
a grooved eahnor dagger with an onyx-inset bone handle
some opalescent vaalin-framed spectacles
a grey moonstone cube
a slender silver and alexandrite anklet
some raven black full leathers with tenebrous straps
a faded silver spidersilk belt clasped with a circular krodera buckle
a faded silver spidersilk belt clasped with a circular eonake buckle
a faded silver spidersilk belt clasped with a circular golvern buckle
a faded silver spidersilk belt clasped with a circular eahnor clasp
a faded silver spidersilk belt clasped with a circular veniom buckle
a reinforced steel coat-of-plates
a tarnished steel javelin with a sharpened razern tip
a shredded section of a gown
some sturdy black leather boots heeled with solid illthorn
some sturdy black leather boots heeled with solid glowbark
some sturdy black leather boots heeled with solid lor
some sturdy black leather boots heeled with solid witchwood
a vitreous alexandrite bracelet
a translucent alexandrite bracelet
a slim alexandrite bracelet
some dark steel full plate lined with plush honey badger fur
a tarnished steel breastplate
some honey badger pelt robes
some sculpted steel armor lined with plush honey badger fur
some honey badger pelt leathers
some supple full leather stitched together from honey badger pelts
a tarnished steel katar with sharpened razern blades
an eonake-caged soulstone amulet
a torn section of a cotehardie
a flat-topped golden rolaren band set with spectral blue crystal runes
a leaf-bladed veil iron partisan
a thin-bladed dark veil iron wakizashi

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 12:27 PM CST
+1 Fusion slot... would that be to ANY item, or only to existing fusion gear?
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 12:39 PM CST
Any adjustments in the distribution of tickets or way the maze is run to discourage scripting?
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 01:18 PM CST
"+10 weighting
+10 or padding." -- Wyrom

What's or padding? Is that like Ur-padding, the basic fundamental most ancient way of padding? :)

Or did you mean
+10 weighting
or
+10 padding

"an enruned white ora armilly sphere with brass and copper rings" -- ibid

Shouldn't that be an "armillary" sphere?

Even before I saw the teaser of what the blackjack would do, I'd formed my list of Things Krakii Wants:
a glaes-runed verdant faenor claidhmore
a thin-bladed silvery zorchar kris engraved with a line of blackened runes
a drakar-spiked blackened steel morning star with a scorched white oak handle
a suit of triple-linked golvern augmented chainmail with dagged sleeves
a thick rolaren-studded tetsubo with a polished ironwood haft
a copper-coiled fireleaf rune staff capped with a glowing glaesine orb
a rune-carved silvery lor staff
a slender dark illthorn staff
a distressed leather-wrapped bludgeon weighted with kelyn
a grooved eahnor dagger with an onyx-inset bone handle
a tarnished steel katar with sharpened razern blades

Winners of the above items are cordially invited to seek me out for tradesies. :)
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 01:24 PM CST
>>+1 Fusion slot... would that be to ANY item, or only to existing fusion gear?

The item must be fusion prior to adding the additional slot.

The enchant, weighting, padding, or sighting is added on. There are hard caps. I'm not going to go into them all, but just use this as a guideline. If we wouldn't touch it at RtCF, don't try it at DMC.

>>Any adjustments in the distribution of tickets or way the maze is run to discourage scripting?

Tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 9pm ET, we won't do any micro-batches. They will all go on sale at once, with Premium getting first crack.

Scripting -- there isn't a whole lot we can do. We can't really combat third-party scripting. We're using creatures instead of player blockers to at least stop the scripting/collusion of griefing blockers.

>>What's or padding? Is that like Ur-padding, the basic fundamental most ancient way of padding? :)

Hah, I originally had it in a sentence format, and forgot to remove that blasted or. I fixed the announcement post though!

>>Shouldn't that be an "armillary" sphere?

Honorary QC check! Thanks for catching it.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 01:26 PM CST
Yes! Without knowing the specs of anything, this list is a beautiful read. So many rare metals and great descriptions. Honey-badger fur! ::squeel::

My beef:
All of these things get beautiful descriptions EXCEPT a fel-hafted golvern waraxe. I am personally offended!
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 01:31 PM CST
>>Yes! Without knowing the specs of anything, this list is a beautiful read.

And just think, there are items INSIDE other items that we're not showing you.

>>I am personally offended!

But!! Fel. Hafted! Those two words combined with a hyphen should make you extremely unoffended (tm).

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 01:37 PM CST
Fine! They really do, but don't tell anyone. I don't want to get accused of being a fanboi!
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 01:44 PM CST
The tenebrous orbs of ether are amazing if they are the same as the one I own.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 02:22 PM CST
Fixed the clasped clasp on one of the belts. Just an oversight. Was suppose to be a buckle like the rest.

We're also adding some buffer items, so there will be more than 110 items.

And lastly, we plan on putting something special together for everyone that stops out to either run in the maze or just to watch.

Happy holidays, everyone!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 02:27 PM CST

-chuckles- Why add buffer items? If you have 110 that's all you need.

Just don't throw in 10 crystal amulets or some such, please.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 02:29 PM CST

Will the times of the actual runs be put up before the tickets go on sale at 9pm?

I'd like to try and scope out the one I should sign up for ahead of time to see if it's worth even trying given the fact that they'll all sell out in 3 seconds anyhow. Going to try though! :)

Best,
Jim
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 02:43 PM CST
>>-chuckles- Why add buffer items? If you have 110 that's all you need.

So people on later runs don't feel hopeless should the they not like the remaining items, as per feedback from last year's run when we didn't have any buffer items. It will hopefully allow for things to stay mixed up better.

>>Just don't throw in 10 crystal amulets or some such, please.

We have it so you'll get 23 feras weapons. We've outdone ourselves by adding one more.

Actually, all item quality is being heavily monitored so we're not trying to squeeze in garbage.

>>Will the times of the actual runs be put up before the tickets go on sale at 9pm?

I'll be posting them in just a bit.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 04:16 PM CST
Glancing over at the PC, I see the buffer items have quickly turned into filler items. And before this snowballs while I'm away for the night, please don't make this out to be something it's not. Last year, a serious complaint was that players on the last group of one of the DMC runs felt all the items they wanted were already gone, and had little reason to want to log into their match. We're trying to help ease that tension by offering some extra items to buffer out the undesirables.

But if this is a concern as well, we can simply remove some of the duplicate items we have in the prize pool and keep it to 110. Not everything is a combat item. Not everyone wants a combat item. But we stuck to a standard release formula for item creation. So don't think of the extra items as fillers, please. Don't make this into something negative.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 04:23 PM CST
We'd be making something like 10 to 15 more items, of the same quality already present, and putting them into the total pool of prizes. So 110 out of 120 or 125 items would go out. That would give us some leftover to do... who knows what with at the end of the event. Probably save them for future events!

And yes, we've heard you [the general you] loud and clear on the unlimited crystal amulets and automatic unstun pins. They will not be making a return appearance.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 04:54 PM CST

>Last year, a serious complaint was that players on the last group of one of the DMC runs felt all the items they wanted were already gone, and had little reason to want to log into their match. We're trying to help ease that tension by offering some extra items to buffer out the undesirables.

I'm rather confused at how the prize selection works. anyone enlighten me please?
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 05:22 PM CST

110 prize will go out?

So people who win their round will get another prize at the finals? I don't think that was the case during the memorial day weekend dm.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 06:04 PM CST
>I'm rather confused at how the prize selection works. anyone enlighten me please?

Imagine a big pile filled with the prizes listed, person types get pile or whatever and a random prize is pulled, then that prize is eliminated from the possible pull for the next person.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 07:57 PM CST
>>So people who win their round will get another prize at the finals? I don't think that was the case during the memorial day weekend dm.

December 2012 gave a souvenir pull that was basically a pin. This year, you'll get a second pull from the prizes piles. Only the winner from the championship round gets the grand prize.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 08:34 PM CST
In case anyone is wondering about the eonake-runed mithril stuff and ebonwood gilt-worked staff...

These are new items recently added to the DMZ prize pool.

They are of fairly high enchantment, have vacuum flares, and are sanctified. They also have my "Smart Weapon" script on them, unlocked and fully customized for the maze.

You will need to become friends with them to see their unlocked benefits!

Have fun pulling ropes!

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 09:01 PM CST
I suggest adding to the grand prize options:

30 points of resistance
+10TD
And change the enchant to +10

::whistle::

Kerl
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/05/2013 10:19 PM CST
>>They also have my "Smart Weapon" script on them, unlocked and fully customized for the maze.

Awesome! I really liked this script when it was released at RtCF, glad to make it see a comeback on some serious DMC prizes too!
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 09:48 AM CST

Great looking list! Some of them are downright cryptic. :)

Thanks again for bringing this back, the maze itself is a lot of fun to run.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 12:57 PM CST
<And yes, we've heard you [the general you] loud and clear on the unlimited crystal amulets and automatic unstun pins. They will not be making a return appearance.>

Do you mean to tell me, that there are pin worn items that will automatically unstun you if you are stunned?

Dude, I will take all of those.

Chance/Malgaftan
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 01:14 PM CST

>>Do you mean to tell me, that there are pin worn items that will automatically unstun you if you are stunned?

40 times.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 01:32 PM CST

sorry if this is repeat, but did anyone ever post the ticket price?
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 01:32 PM CST
Do you mean to tell me, that there are pin worn items that will automatically unstun you if you are stunned?

Dude, I will take all of those.

Chance/Malgaftan

I got a pendant of some such like this which I promptly stuck in my locker and don't even remember what it looks like. The problem with these items is that it randomly checks for a stun, and if you are stunned it will unstun you, for 40 times. Then it crumbles. This is why people were upset about it, they crumble. If you pulled a feras weapon out you'd be upset too, they go poof and you don't want something that goes poof when you spent extra money to get it.

I am also an empath, and my Troll's Blood usually unstuns me if I get stunned so the item was doubly useless to me. It was pretty and useful but crumbly meant locker food. We hoped they'd make them permanent, even if it just unstunned you twice a day or once a day but nope. <sigh> such is life.

Velvette
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 01:33 PM CST
>>Do you mean to tell me, that there are pin worn items that will automatically unstun you if you are stunned?

40 times.

I imagine the problem with them would be that they aren't rechargeable?

Otherwise, I think that would be an awesome item. Though only if rechargeable.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 05:25 PM CST
>sorry if this is repeat, but did anyone ever post the ticket price?

On the sign up page it doesnt appear to be listed nor did anyone mention it here I dont think. Im interested in purchasing a ticket but would like to know how much they are as well....
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 05:29 PM CST
The price should be $32.99. Premium subscribers will have an hour to purchase tickets before they are offered to everyone. The ticket purchasing process should be a little more relaxed, I hope.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 05:30 PM CST
>The price should be $32.99. Premium subscribers will have an hour to purchase tickets before they are offered to everyone.

Thanks, Wyrom!

>The ticket purchasing process should be a little more relaxed, I hope.

I lol'd :D
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 05:33 PM CST
>The price should be $32.99.

Good to know, thanks!
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 06:22 PM CST

<<>The ticket purchasing process should be a little more relaxed, I hope.

I lol'd :D>>

Ditto! Over-under is 3 minutes. :)
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 06:38 PM CST
>>The price should be $32.99.

An $8 price hike?!? That's rather ridiculous, EG was only $6 more this year over last (for an admit one at least) and that at least is a lengthy festival.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 06:46 PM CST
If premie gets an hour to buy before non premie, odds any non premie get a ticket are gonna be slim to none.

Guess I don't have to bother setting an alarm for this one.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 06:50 PM CST

>An $8 price hike?!? That's rather ridiculous, EG was only $6 more this year over last (for an admit one at least) and that at least is a lengthy festival.

they know people will pay, and Dragon's of Elanthia needs more cash
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 07:45 PM CST
The price should be $32.99. Premium subscribers will have an hour to purchase tickets before they are offered to everyone. The ticket purchasing process should be a little more relaxed, I hope.

-- Wyrom

I was all excited about trying to get a ticket then I saw the price. Droughtman's is a lot of fun but I wouldn't really consider it on par with a full event. It's about 30 minutes of fun (and a bonus 30 minutes if you are one of the 10% that make it to the finals). Lost my interest in buying a ticket for this. Best of luck to those that do purchase a ticket!

-- Robert
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 07:55 PM CST
Ticket cost is directly related to prize quality of the overall prize pool. We really tried to improve the properties across the board.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 07:56 PM CST
>>Ticket cost is directly related to prize quality of the overall prize pool. We really tried to improve the properties across the board.

I hope so.. a few of these I'm still leary on.
Re: Droughtman's Maze Challenge - Holiday Run: Prize List 12/06/2013 07:57 PM CST
>>I hope so.. a few of these I'm still leary on.

Which? Let me help relieve leeriness.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Prev_page Previous 1