Prev_page Previous 1
Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 10:34 AM CST
Hey everyone, back by popular demand, we're going to be doing a ten batch DMC tournament. It will have 100 tickets, with 10 finalists competing for our grand prize. We are planning for tickets to go on sale next Friday, 12/6, at roughly 9pm EST. Premium subscriber will have first shot at the tickets. Tickets will be on sale for both Prime and Platinum. The actual tournament will be December 20th to 22nd. We'll have a complete prize list coming before tickets go on sale to help you make your decision. The grand prize package is definitely something a little more unique than what we've offered in previous runs.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 10:53 AM CST

Woohoo!
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 02:33 PM CST
Everyone at work is now wondering what is wrong with me, as I cheered aloud. I finally had to admit to my secret sick addiction that is GSIV.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 04:40 PM CST
I've been slaving away in the Prize Workshop.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 04:57 PM CST

ethereal string & duping quiver please!!!
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 05:25 PM CST
I've been slaving away in the Prize Workshop.

OK, that sold it for me!

Chad, player of a few
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 06:06 PM CST

Woohoo, thanks for adding some DM runs ... its such a blast! :)
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 06:08 PM CST
WOOHOO! Can't wait to run in this again.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 06:36 PM CST
Awesome!

~ Inurtia Ayana Faendryl
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 06:44 PM CST

Hey Wyrom.... is there a plan to us PC blockers or creatures again this year? (Please say creatures!)
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 08:02 PM CST
>>ethereal string & duping quiver please!!!

We're going to be doing a similar prize structure like the 2012 run last year. The string and quiver were part of the huge tournament we had.

>>Hey Wyrom.... is there a plan to us PC blockers or creatures again this year? (Please say creatures!)

We're PROBABLY going to stick to creatures, but possibly a few different ones from the norm. We'll see though.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 08:34 PM CST
>>Hey Wyrom.... is there a plan to us PC blockers or creatures again this year? (Please say creatures!)

>>We're PROBABLY going to stick to creatures, but possibly a few different ones from the norm. We'll see though.

<3 <3 <3

Awesome news!
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 09:30 PM CST
Whatever could this be...?

You glance down to see a fel-hafted golvern waraxe in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

___
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 09:38 PM CST

>>Whatever could this be…?<<

If you keep teasing prizes, I won't complain.

-E
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 09:45 PM CST
>>You glance down to see a fel-hafted golvern waraxe in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.<<

Axes
Make
Me
Happy
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 11:12 PM CST
I never got the chance to go on the DMC, anyone have a link to a good spot to read up on it? What's it like? How does it work? Etc...
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/29/2013 11:26 PM CST
No player blockers? Booo!!! That's the best part of the whole event! At least it's not an absolute "no" to player blockers.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 12:11 AM CST

Whatever could this be...?

You glance down to see a fel-hafted golvern waraxe in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

-10x
-perfect
-expertly crit weighted
-t-5 ensorcelling
-fully unlock splitter

????
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 12:33 AM CST
Axes make Kerl happy too, especially returners.

Velvette
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 01:00 AM CST
I never got the chance to go on the DMC, anyone have a link to a good spot to read up on it? What's it like? How does it work? Etc...

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Droughtman%27s_Challenge

Chad, player of a few
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 02:03 AM CST
>>No player blockers? Booo!!! That's the best part of the whole event! At least it's not an absolute "no" to player blockers.

It used to be fun, but definitely not the best part of the whole event.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 09:23 AM CST
>>expertly crit weighted

Why settle for Expertly? There are a handful of masterfully weighted weapons in the bin too.

Though I suppose we could knock some of them down to Expertly, if that's what you really want.

___
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 09:30 AM CST
I believe sir, that you are confusing expert with exceptional, the other e.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 10:39 AM CST
Shhh, he's showing his GM age. Soon he'll start saying things like, "Guild work promotes roleplaying through character development!"

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 04:55 PM CST

Thanks Chad.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 11/30/2013 06:42 PM CST
>>Shhh, he's showing his GM age. Soon he'll start saying things like, "Guild work promotes roleplaying through character development!"

Ha.

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/01/2013 12:06 AM CST

This sounds like an excellent opportunity to introduce a coraesine axe .. since axes have blades, too!!!!11!!1

/ducksandruns
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/02/2013 11:02 PM CST

anymore teasers?
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 12:14 AM CST
>rub pendant
You rub your fulgurite pendant.
1d100: 41 + Modifiers: 220 == 261

Tiny slivers of lightning shoot through the fulgurite tube of the pendant, building in intensity until they erupt from the top in a brilliant, galvanic display!
You hurl a powerful lightning bolt at a rolton!
AS: +85 vs DS: +5 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +52 = +182
... and hit for 87 points of damage!
Stunning arc of electricity fuses left leg at knee.
The rolton collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.

AS: +85 vs DS: +5 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +84 = +214
... and hit for 156 points of damage!
Horrifying bolt of electricity turns chest into a smoking pulp of flesh. No life left there.

AS: +85 vs DS: +5 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +61 = +191
... and hit for 128 points of damage!
Terrifying electrical arc destroys spinal column one vertebra at a time!

Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Soon you too could kill 3 roltons at once!
___
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 09:58 AM CST

>You rub your fulgurite pendant.

Neat, would be better as a thunderstone forehead gem or something though, neck slots are in short supply le sigh.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 06:46 PM CST
Prize list?!

~ Inurtia Ayana Faendryl
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 06:47 PM CST
Great teases so far Tamuz, grats on the nice work by you and whoever else makes these items.

I'm okay with neck worn items, but I'll one up the forehead gem idea for more pizzazz. Something like a faceted thunderstone eyeball/glass eyeball with a lightning bolt pupil/etc. etc. With a wear/remove about popping it into your eye socket and ripping it out that happens to add a feature line in a players description while worn.

;p (I'm only half kidding, I think that would actually be pretty neat and character defining.)

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 06:48 PM CST
Wyrom made a comment the Prize list should be out Wednesday or Thursday.

Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 07:06 PM CST
>I'm okay with neck worn items, but I'll one up the forehead gem idea for more pizzazz. Something like a faceted thunderstone eyeball/glass eyeball with a lightning bolt pupil/etc. etc. With a wear/remove about popping it into your eye socket and ripping it out that happens to add a feature line in a players description while worn.

>;p (I'm only half kidding, I think that would actually be pretty neat and character defining.)

Why kid even half? Lets get all Mad Eye Moody on things.
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/03/2013 07:17 PM CST
>>Wyrom made a comment the Prize list should be out Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks for sharing! Hadn't heard anything in this thread regarding when we would see it other than before the tickets went on sale. I was getting scared it would be posted about 8:55pm EST on Friday. (don't get any ideas Wyrom -.- )
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/04/2013 12:49 AM CST
Why kid even half? Lets get all Mad Eye Moody on things.~ Aspen

I'm one who likes to be eccentric with Player defining items to staffs dismay. As cool as it would be I'm sure it takes 2-3 times longer to code it that way, why I was sorta kidding sorta not. The little extras help us be who we are even if it is a pain sometimes to code it in.

Thanks for sharing! Hadn't heard anything in this thread regarding when we would see it other than before the tickets went on sale. I was getting scared it would be posted about 8:55pm EST on Friday. (don't get any ideas Wyrom -.- ) ~Chulak

It may have been asked and answered on the Platinum boards... actually I think it was now that I think about it. Just thought I'd share for all those in anticipation of the holiday DMC run goodies.

Alright I'm about to loose service till Monday unless I go for a seriously long hike, ruffing it and all out in the wilderness for a week. Enjoy all and I hope DMC is as much fun as in the past! (I doubt any tickets will be about when I get back)

Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/04/2013 07:31 AM CST
I always thought Thalior's Eye was pretty cool.

~Vanah
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/04/2013 08:32 AM CST
It certainly is something to file away for a future item, but a new run of DMC doesn't exactly give us the time frame to code up new scripts like that.

___
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/04/2013 08:40 AM CST
Yeah I posted over in Platinum, but we're probably looking at a Thursday announcement on prizes. I took a day off from being online yesterday to recharge, so I'll use today to catch up, tomorrow to let you guys know.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Upcoming December Holiday Run 12/04/2013 02:30 PM CST
I always thought Thalior's Eye was pretty cool.

~Vanah

Me too, had it turned on me once...well my original character. Ahhh memories.....mass drinks anyone? :)

Velvette
Prev_page Previous 1