FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/02/2017 07:01 PM CDT
The wizards of the guild found a new use for the cantrip FLICK. Did you ever think it was annoying to be able to flick an item out of your inventory and forget where it came from? Well, no more! Wizards of the guild now have the ability to simply FLICK the item right back where it came from!

Usage is simple. FLICK <item> to retrieve it. FLICK <item> again to return it to where it came from. The wizard must be holding the item in order to flick it back, and must do so within a limited amount of time. (About 60 seconds)

~Contemplar~
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/02/2017 07:14 PM CDT
Nifty!

-- Robert

You gesture at Dionket.
You hurl a small surge of electricity at Dionket!
Horrid jolt of electricity shatters ribs in a sickening flash of light!
Dionket is stunned!

<< PING! >>
You avert your eyes as Dionket begins to radiate a FLICKering fabulous fuschia!
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/02/2017 10:17 PM CDT
I really like the new attunement-flavored messaging for the untargetting FLICK. That was a great addition.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/02/2017 10:25 PM CDT
>> I really like the new attunement-flavored messaging for the untargetting FLICK. That was a great addition.

I am getting random results even though I am lightning attuned (and presently attunement is not set to random). Is this intended?

-- Robert

You gesture at Dionket.
You hurl a small surge of electricity at Dionket!
Horrid jolt of electricity shatters ribs in a sickening flash of light!
Dionket is stunned!

<< PING! >>
You avert your eyes as Dionket begins to radiate a preponderance of pleasingly peach aura.
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/02/2017 10:28 PM CDT
That's only because you're an . . . wait -- PEACH?!

/mutters

Doug
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/04/2017 03:54 PM CDT
I didn't even know this was a thing that existed at all. Keen.
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/04/2017 03:58 PM CDT
Random question:

Is there potentially some kind of room/environment restriction on certain rooms that prevent the FLICK verb from working? Randomly, it doesn't work at all anywhere inside the Hendoran Outpost near the Landing. But, it works just fine once you head outside.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/07/2017 06:20 PM CDT
>I am getting random results even though I am lightning attuned (and presently attunement is not set to random). Is this intended?

Use ATTUNE ELEMENT to focus on your attune element.

You may be attuned to an element, but not focused on it.

~Contemplar~
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/07/2017 06:23 PM CDT
>> You may be attuned to an element, but not focused on it.

Thanks! I thought I was but I typed ATTUNE ELEMENT and tested just now and I consistently get the appropriate lightning messaging!

-- Robert
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 05/07/2017 06:24 PM CDT
>Is there potentially some kind of room/environment restriction on certain rooms that prevent the FLICK verb from working? Randomly, it doesn't work at all anywhere inside the Hendoran Outpost near the Landing. But, it works just fine once you head outside.

Yes.

~Contemplar~
Re: FLICK VERB UPDATE! 07/01/2017 08:00 PM CDT
This is a great update! Can you add a minor change to the unflick effect on runestaves to have it persist so long as the player holds the item? It'd be nice to flick it out for hunting and when flick it back when done, which will usually be more than 60ish seconds later. Seems reasonable for one class of item?