Potions or trinkets training? 12/20/2015 10:51 AM CST
In the guild tasks for these skills do all the prep reps required have to be in the area being trained?

An example:

Was asked to talk to a trainer for potions training. He said make something with CHANT so I made "silvery potion" and got a rep.

He than said make something with SIMMER. I tried a "Tincture of Wolifrew" and although the the prep succeeded, the master never came in to say anything and I got no rep. I made another silvery and he gave me a rep.

He than said make something with BOIL. I tried a "Tincture of Acantha" and again the the prep succeeded but the master never came in to say anything and I got no rep. I made another silvery and again he gave me a rep.

This seems to indicate that only potions give reps in potion training and I assume also only trinkets will give reps in that training. My god that's gonna take a lot of gems.

???
Re: Potions or trinkets training? 12/20/2015 11:03 AM CST
>This seems to indicate that only potions give reps in potion training and I assume also only trinkets will give reps in that training. My god that's gonna take a lot of gems.

Who told you general alchemy formulas would work for potions or trinkets?
Re: Potions or trinkets training? 12/20/2015 11:38 AM CST

Since all the potion resipes seem to require simmer and boil I just assumed that if the trainer wanted a potion he would have asked for chant as he did the first rep or simply said try it again like the trainers do on other tasks. Obviously wrong.
Re: Potions or trinkets training? 12/21/2015 10:18 PM CST
>>My god that's gonna take a lot of gems.

Yes. Yes, it does. But nothing compares to the last few ranks of general alchemy.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Potions or trinkets training? 12/21/2015 10:20 PM CST

>But nothing compares to the last few ranks of general alchemy.

no, nothing compared to having to find/buy ALL the gems before they were available in guilds.
Re: Potions or trinkets training? 12/22/2015 10:47 AM CST
>> no, nothing compared to having to find/buy ALL the gems before they were available in guilds.

I like alchemy, I really do. But I am very, very glad that I mastered alchemy after this change.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Potions or trinkets training? 12/23/2015 06:01 AM CST
Lucky for me I was saving green malachite stones and had about 100 before I went through the higher ranks of general alchemy.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p