Flick: undocumented feature? 03/19/2013 10:17 PM CDT
Is it a documented or undocumented feature that you can flick items from closed containers?

It's fun, but I nearly panicked when I flicked my adventurer guild and couldn't find my runestaff, and then realized that my vest (an altered bandolier) was closed.

sI>get badge
sI>
Get what?
sI>
sI>flick badge

With a slight flick of the wrist a turquoise-bound leather badge suddenly appears in your hand!

sI>put badge in vest
You can't put your badge in the leather vest. It's closed!
sI>open vest
You open the various containers on your leather vest, adjusting your gear for easy use.
sI>put badge in vest
You tuck the leather badge into one of the small containers hanging from your leather vest.
sI>close vest
You close the various containers on your leather vest, giving a final pat down to ensure everything is fully closed.

sI>flick badge
With a slight flick of the wrist a turquoise-bound leather badge suddenly appears in your hand!
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/20/2013 10:21 AM CDT
>Is it a documented or undocumented feature that you can flick items from closed containers?

Judging by the script notes, this looks like a feature, not a bug.

~Vanah
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/20/2013 12:20 PM CDT
<<<Is it a documented or undocumented feature that you can flick items from closed containers?>>>

It's real magic, not sleight of hand. ;)

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/20/2013 12:52 PM CDT
Is it a documented or undocumented feature that you can flick items from closed containers?

I don't believe it's documented anywhere (even the verb itself activating after joining the guild), outside of GM-only notes as Vanah indicated.

When it was released it was indicated as being intentional. I've always considered it one of those pro-tip kind of things you just learn with experience.

Dgry
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/20/2013 01:18 PM CDT

That reminds me. I used to be able to flick my drink (a beaker of Methais' home brew) from my containers.

Then one day out of nowhere, I started getting the "resists your cantrip" message.

Help!

~ Methais
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/20/2013 07:29 PM CDT
That reminds me. I used to be able to flick my drink (a beaker of Methais' home brew) from my containers.

Then one day out of nowhere, I started getting the "resists your cantrip" message.

Help!

~ Methais

The food/drink changes probably made this happen. Used to be you could pour any liquid into another liquid and increase the sips. First they eliminated that to prevent people from using white flasks to prolong merchant drinkables. Then it got further changed when food/drink got taste/smell scripting. It was probably the second change that did you in. Flick has issues with scripted items - which is what food/drinks are considered to be now.

May also be that for some reason your brew is heavy now for some reason, flick only works on <5lbs? I think.

Dgry
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/21/2013 12:40 AM CDT
Well, it's good to know that the feature is just undocumented.

Pity we can't flick items back into containers.... gems, and such. Maybe something for guildmasters... a reward for enduring the insanity that is alchemy.

(Perhaps not as insane for wizards, who can create their own potions)
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 03/22/2013 08:39 AM CDT
>The food/drink changes probably made this happen. Used to be you could pour any liquid into another liquid and increase the sips. First they eliminated that to prevent people from using white flasks to prolong merchant drinkables. Then it got further changed when food/drink got taste/smell scripting. It was probably the second change that did you in. Flick has issues with scripted items - which is what food/drinks are considered to be now.

>May also be that for some reason your brew is heavy now for some reason, flick only works on <5lbs? I think.

They weigh the same as always, so it must be the script thing. I never noticed any new taste or smell scripts though. I'll have to double check next time I'm on the mainland. Unless someone feels like checking for me...I had it changed so now anybody can make it in my house laboratory instead of me.

If someone on the mainland feels like checking it out for me, the house is 2 blocks southeast of North Market in Solhaven. Then GO DOOR, CLIMB STAIR, GO FELL DOOR, and PUSH APPARATUS to make the drink. The house is always open and unlocked.

~ Methais
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 04/16/2013 09:11 PM CDT
>If someone on the mainland feels like checking it out for me, the house is 2 blocks southeast of North Market in Solhaven. Then GO DOOR, CLIMB STAIR, GO FELL DOOR, and PUSH APPARATUS to make the drink. The house is always open and unlocked.

Definitely still isn't flick-able. Couldn't tell you what messaging it had before but here you go. Whatever change it was probably occurred when you had the GM's update it so anyone could make it.

You give a flick of the wrist, but you sense the Methais' Home Brew resist your cantrip.

>get brew in my draw ruck
You remove a beaker of Methais' Home Brew from in your drawstring rucksack.

>smell brew
You sniff your Methais' Home Brew.
It smells like nice, fresh Methais' Home Brew!

>look brew
You see nothing unusual.

>look in brew
You see nothing unusual.

>wei my brew
You carefully examine the Methais' Home Brew and determine that the weight is less than 2 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

>flick brew
You give a flick of the wrist, but you sense the Methais' Home Brew resist your cantrip.

>drink brew
You take a drink from your Methais' Home Brew. It has a richly roasted malt aroma and a nutty taste.
You have 5 quaffs left.
You feel the blood drain from your face as your eyes glaze over.
You are stunned!

>drink brew
You take a drink from your Methais' Home Brew.
You have 4 quaffs left.
You are stunned!

>drink brew
You have 3 quaffs left.
You are stunned!

>drink brew
You have 2 quaffs left.
You are stunned!

>smell brew
You sniff your Methais' Home Brew.
It smells like nice, fresh Methais' Home Brew!

>flick brew

>drink my brew
You have one quaff left.
You are stunned!

>drink my brew
You take a drink from your Methais' Home Brew. You detect a hint of molasses in the hearty brew.
That was the last of it!
You are stunned!
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/02/2013 03:29 AM CDT
>flick my brew
With a slight flick of the wrist a beaker of Methais's Home Brew suddenly appears in your hand!

~Vanah
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/02/2013 09:01 AM CDT
Hehe. . . nice!

Doug
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/06/2013 08:05 PM CDT
Hmmm.. is that an official fix to flick food and drink items, even though they're scripted, or is Vanah just showing off again?

(Showing off in a very cool way, of course).

Morden, player of.
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/08/2013 11:04 AM CDT
It was something GameMaster Naos set up while he was still on staff. Thanks to GameMasters Kynlee and Mestys, it's now live!

~Vanah
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/08/2013 12:36 PM CDT
AND thanks to GameMaster Vanah! ;)

~~GM Kynlee~~
Private Property Guru
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/28/2013 10:33 AM CDT
>flick my brew
>With a slight flick of the wrist a beaker of Methais's Home Brew suddenly appears in your hand!

>~Vanah

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/152695.gif

~ Methais
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? Methais' Home Brew tangent 10/28/2013 10:52 PM CDT
Hah!

Thanks for that. Quite the visual of Methais' reaction. It will stay with me forever.

Doug
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 08/01/2015 11:25 AM CDT
Did something change with flick? It was working last night and now today it isn't. Maybe something I'm doing wrong or my conditions have changed?

You make a flicking motion with your hand, but nothing else happens.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 08/01/2015 11:34 AM CDT
Make sure your guild dues are paid up.

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 08/01/2015 11:49 AM CDT
There it is. Thank you!

Chad, player of the newbie wizard
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 08/01/2015 12:47 PM CDT
>Make sure your guild dues are paid up.

What are you, a Communist?

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Flick: undocumented feature? 08/01/2015 01:06 PM CDT
>Make sure your guild dues are paid up.

>> What are you, a Communist?

In Communist Elanthia everyone would deposit their silvers into the same bank account (no withdrawal privileges) and your guild dues would be paid for you.

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"