Blanks for imbeds 02/22/2011 01:40 PM CST
Quick question - any advice on where to obtain nice (or plain) looking blanks for imbedding spells like strength, haste, etc.? Other than random drops of course. Where are the shops that sell em? I've returned to the Lands after some time away and I'm having trouble remembering. Thanks!
Re: Blanks for imbeds 02/22/2011 01:48 PM CST
Rangers can produce these, and the costs are usually less than trying to track them down in the various guilds and alchemy shops.

In fact, at one time, Portous was famous for carrying quality items (rods, wands and amulets) with at or near maximum mana capacity. You might check to see if his playershop still exists.

Saw you in another category here not long past. Welcome back! Holler at Dionket if you need anything wizardly in terms of imbeds and the like.

Doug
Re: Blanks for imbeds 02/22/2011 04:19 PM CST
On the other end of the spectrum, you can find "nice" blank imbeds in nearly every local gem shop. Just go in to the adjacent room (from the one you enter in, usually), and look on the IMBEDABLE TABLE/SHELF/RACK/ECT (only one of these nouns will work, but it's variable depending on the shop you're in).

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power" - William Shakespeare
Re: Blanks for imbeds 02/23/2011 07:24 AM CST
In the Landing, wands and rods of various descriptions are available in the Alchemist shop. He also carries some embeddible amulets.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/13/2011 07:20 PM CDT
I'll kind of leap off of this since my question isn't too off the topic. Now if you purchase say blank imbeds or you find them in boxes and have them sung to can someone ballpark their mana capacity for me?

For instance:
This item can contain a average amount of mana. Is normal about 40 mana?
Rods made by wizards can go up to 92 mana, this appears to be the maximum?

Thanks,
-Geij
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/13/2011 08:29 PM CDT
>>Rods made by wizards can go up to 92 mana, this appears to be the maximum?<<

Wizards, alas, cannot make wands. Rangers can however. Ranger rods can vary greatly in capacity, depending on training; low 90s is at the upper end ot this spectrum.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 02:22 PM CDT
>This item can contain a average amount of mana. Is normal about 40 mana?

Yes. 40 is also typical for off the shelf imbeds. I don't see much over 40 except from rangers.
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 03:01 PM CDT
Actually, I've never seen anything but 'average amount of mana' for any generated treasure item, including the off-the-shelf items.

Rangers definitely have the market there. :)

Doug
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 05:42 PM CDT
>Actually, I've never seen anything but 'average amount of mana' for any generated treasure item, including the off-the-shelf items.

Treasure system imbeds with other amounts of mana exist. I guess you hunt critters with top treasure. ;) I don't remember ever coming across anything better than average, but lower capacity imbeds drop.
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 05:49 PM CDT
Hmm. . . I'll have to watch out for them. As it is, almost every imbeddable item I run across gets given away / pawned.

Still, I wish better ones would drop -- top treasure, or no. :)

Doug
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 06:32 PM CDT
>Still, I wish better ones would drop -- top treasure, or no. :)

They do, if you hunt rangers. ;)

I wonder if scaling the size of imbed drops is also really ancient. You get steadily bigger ones up to level 20, and every critter over that is maxxed out and dropping 40 mana imbeds.
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 09:06 PM CDT
The treasure system empty magic items are terribly bland. Move ranger rod capacity up to 150 and let the treasure system drop some variety between 40-100.
Re: Blanks for imbeds 03/14/2011 09:17 PM CDT
<<The treasure system empty magic items are terribly bland. Move ranger rod capacity up to 150 and let the treasure system drop some variety between 40-100.

I love this idea. Make it so.

-Adam

"You guys took all the pretty places." ~Anonymous
Re: Blanks for imbeds 09/20/2012 12:44 PM CDT
>Actually, I've never seen anything but 'average amount of mana' for any generated treasure item, including the off-the-shelf items.

I found two blank imbeds in the treasure system that say they hold "a moderate amount of mana" but I can't find out how much that would be. Does anyone know?
Re: Blanks for imbeds 09/21/2012 08:52 AM CDT
It's typically 40 mana.
Re: Blanks for imbeds 09/21/2012 09:38 AM CDT
Moderate. . . I'm gonna say 20. :) Probably be my luck moderate is greater than average.

Doug
Re: Blanks for imbeds 09/21/2012 09:50 AM CDT
just to to imbed 80 of 401 in it and see how many you get
Re: Blanks for imbeds 02/09/2016 01:43 PM CST

>>The treasure system empty magic items are terribly bland. Move ranger rod capacity up to 150 and let the treasure system drop some variety between 40-100.

Has anything like this happened?