** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/11/2011 10:24 PM CST
I`m just interested in what to do to get the most bolt spell AS I can possibly have.Formulas,voodoo,superstitions,whatever.Tell me all of it.
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/11/2011 11:12 PM CST
-Spell Aim Skill
-Dexterity Bonus
-Society Powers
-Spell Effects*
-Enhancives**
-Other*

*Spells that affect Bolt AS: Spirit Strike, Bravery, Heroism, Benediction, Elemental Targeting, Elemental Focus, Intensity (Empath self-cast ONLY), Dauntless, Kai's Triumph Song

**Only +70 possible from enhancives... +20 Dex Bonus and +50 Spell Aim.

*On occasion, a creature will use a maneuver attack that, once you dodge it, you gain a substantial AS bonus for a short time afterwards. I think it's like four legged creatures charging at you or something.

I'm probably forgetting something. Meh.

There should be an alchemy potion that increases Bolt AS.. The fact that there isn't seems SO STOOPID. Welcome to alchemy...

-Sea Wizard

You reach into the cauldron and take out a silvery monogram rocket.
The cauldron raises up two of its legs and clasps them in victory.
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/11/2011 11:34 PM CST
You are forgetting that halflings have the highest DEX. Until alchemists research a polymorph potion, you need to start by rolling up a halfling.

Also do some square boosters work on bolt as well as melee AS? Coup, side by side, warcries and the like.
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/12/2011 06:56 AM CST
Warcries will add to bolt AS. Side by Side doesn't unfortunately. I don't know about coup, I've never tried that one.
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/12/2011 07:32 AM CST
Rims and Rath gave pretty good insight. Only addition worth mentioning is the maneuver section includes certain spiders and burrowing creatures, as well.

And the negative side. It is as important to know what brings the total down as it is up, in my view.

Stance, orientation (standing, prone), certain spell effects, armor hindrance (no spell is as good as zero bonus), and the like. These are pretty intuitive, but deserve mention I think.

Doug
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/12/2011 08:38 AM CST
Also, some defensive spells that also decrease physical AS do NOT decrease bolt AS. 102 being the prime example of this.

So, if you are a bolting wizard, have a nice sorcerer imbed a buttload of rods/wands/amulets with 102 for you.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/13/2011 09:40 PM CST
Coup doesn't add to bolt AS. And I am surprised the two native spells a wizard has to increase bolt AS weren't mentioned, those being 513 and 425, each also give you +1 AS for every two spells you know in their circles beyond the particular spell with the bonus capping at spell ranks equal to your level. The as bonus for 425 is +50 and is reached when you hit level 75 and have 75 ranks of MnE, the bonus for 513 maxes out at 63 when you hit 99 with 99 ranks in MjE. So if you are looking for the best possible AS, keep those two spell circles ranks equal to your level until you hit those goals.
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/14/2011 07:29 AM CST
>>the two native spells a wizard has to increase bolt AS weren't mentioned, those being 513 and 425

>>Spells that affect Bolt AS: Spirit Strike, Bravery, Heroism, Benediction, Elemental Targeting, Elemental Focus, Intensity (Empath self-cast ONLY), Dauntless, Kai's Triumph Song

Think it got mentioned -- not to the depth of discussion about how much, but definitely hit the list.

:)

Doug
Re: ** Basically want to know what increases bolt spell AS 01/15/2011 10:20 AM CST
Don't see how I missed those, I'll just blame it on a lack of sleep recently.