Armor (to wear) 02/21/2018 12:38 PM CST
Hello Wizard peoples... I have a lowbie wizard I am playing around with and am wondering what the consensus is on armor. Do Wizards stop at full (AsG 6) or do they go all the way to double (AsG 8) and suffer the 4% hindrance?
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/21/2018 02:31 PM CST
For pure wizards - fulls

For magus / war mage types - even brig isn't too bad, and can be useful given the shortage of 'high quality' upper-end doubles.

Or, a new possibility - robes, scrolls with Iron Skin, 101 ranks ML:Trans, and a small enhancive. All the benefits of brig (plus whatever the robes hold) and none of the hindrance.

Ahh, choices, choices.

Doug
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/21/2018 02:38 PM CST
And if you find yourself wanting to cast a bunch of miscellaneous spells but find the armor getting in the way, remember to Create Item/420 with them. Rub/wave/tap are not subject to armor hindrance, and (depending on your spell training/skill set) you may find your Item Use skills giving you excellent results versus casting.
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/21/2018 02:50 PM CST
"Or, a new possibility - robes, scrolls with Iron Skin, 101 ranks ML:Trans, and a small enhancive. All the benefits of brig (plus whatever the robes hold) and none of the hindrance." -- Doug

Oh. My. Bloody. God.

What a GREAT idea for a Bloodriven Village shop.
Pretty robes, self-knowledge Iron Skin/1202 off the shelf.
Three ranks of unlock certs, +5 & +10 more [net 15] & +15 more [net 30] ranks of ML:Transformation.

Brilliant, Doug!
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/21/2018 08:06 PM CST
My pure wizard wears doubles. I like the extra head protection it provides.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/21/2018 08:44 PM CST

>My pure wizard wears doubles. I like the extra head protection it provides.

One of my more recent deaths was an Air Griffin neck crit.

That being said, I dislike failing a spell (the best defense yada yada) and stopped at fulls. I still pull my hair at a CS fumble.

:D

Askip
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/27/2018 06:05 PM CST
War Mage here. Wearing (female only) 7x HCP doubles with a show and zested.
Re: Armor (to wear) 02/27/2018 08:47 PM CST
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up getting my lil lowbie wiz some Full Leather (AsG 6) from DR, 5x and +5 weighting. Should be a good set for him for awhile. :)
Re: Armor (to wear) 03/03/2018 12:12 PM CST

>Thanks for all the replies. I ended up getting my lil lowbie wiz some Full Leather (AsG 6) from DR, 5x and +5 weighting. Should be a good set for him for awhile. :)

Heh, you could wear them through cap.

I stopped being concerned about DS around 20-ish, scrolls were taking care of that. It's them thar maneuvers...

:D

Askip