Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 03:11 PM CST
If anyone cares (since I know there are folks that don't frequent PC) I've gotten around to updating the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet that I've put together for wizards. The updated excel file.

You can find it one of two ways. If you wish to be directed through the wiki, you can click on the "Yulis' Elemental Lore Spreadsheet" link at the bottom of this page: https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_Lore (this will direct you to PC where the post is with the zip file)

If you just want to click on the direct link to the PC posting, you can go here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?98551-Elemental-Lore-Spreadsheet

I haven't included any spells outside of the 400s, 500s and 900s since I designed this basically for the updated elemental lores for wizard spells. If you see that I've missed a spell or something isn't calculating correctly, please let me know. You can post here or even send an email to my play.net (drumpel@play.net).

I just wanted to post on here for others to read, if they weren't aware of the spreadsheet.

-Drumpel
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 04:24 PM CST
> If anyone cares (since I know there are folks that don't frequent PC) I've gotten around to updating the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet that I've put together for wizards. The updated excel file.

Just in time for a re-review!

~ Konacon
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 04:28 PM CST
Thanks for posting this, Drumpel.

>Just in time for a re-review!

The sad thing is I can't tell whether you're being serious... but let's keep the positive trend going!

What's the status on 917, by the way?
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 05:49 PM CST
> The sad thing is I can't tell whether you're being serious... but let's keep the positive trend going!

I am not being serious. I have another review to do (Am I being serious? I DON'T KNOW) before I could even consider a re-review (Which I would not do, in all seriousness)!

> What's the status on 917, by the way?

I believe it is getting close, but I am unwilling to promise anything right at the moment.

~ Konacon
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 05:52 PM CST
>I am not being serious. I have another review to do (Am I being serious? I DON'T KNOW) before I could even consider a re-review!

I was Kona-conned! :D That's a relief, thanks.

>I believe it is getting close, but I am unwilling to promise anything right at the moment.

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to this.
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 07:59 PM CST
Sadly, a PC forum account is required to download the file.

Any possibility I could cajole an email? Or if you prefer, perhaps a box (free) account, upload it there, and then bit.ly the link, and use that? Happy to help, if that works for you.

Doug
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 09:48 PM CST
> I was Kona-conned!

Ha!

~ Konacon
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 11:30 PM CST
Sadly, a PC forum account is required to download the file.
Any possibility I could cajole an email? Or if you prefer, perhaps a box (free) account, upload it there, and then bit.ly the link, and use that? Happy to help, if that works for you.
Doug

Sent an email to your play.net.

I can put the file on a free file hosting site. I've used filedropper and tinyupload before. I don't know how long they actually hold the file for downloading and I'm not sure if it's okay to post a link to a direct download here on the forums. I know some people are hesitant to follow a link for a download, hence my original post directed folks to the wiki or directly to PC.

-Drumpel
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/08/2016 11:44 PM CST
Thanks, got the mail!

I think you're spot on being cautious about just linking files to download here on the official forums. I've tested it, and it works fine - but there are other considerations. For example:

I like the PC link style, because folks can directly engage in the conversation there if they wish. So I'd always recommend that you keep that as long as your comfortable with the forum there.

On the GSWiki, though - we can easily do 'vanity' URL descriptions, and I would think it might be good there to link both to the PC, and directly to the download site if you wanted. Any of us with accounts can do this, let me know if you'd like my help with it.

Appreciate the file! Looks very good, so far!

Doug
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/09/2016 07:36 AM CST
>I am not being serious.

Can I still call you Shirley?

~ Methais
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/09/2016 07:39 AM CST
>I can put the file on a free file hosting site. I've used filedropper and tinyupload before. I don't know how long they actually hold the file for downloading and I'm not sure if it's okay to post a link to a direct download here on the forums. I know some people are hesitant to follow a link for a download, hence my original post directed folks to the wiki or directly to PC.

Threw it on my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxjv4kc16fhvwui/EL%20Chart_V5_12.08.16.zip?dl=0

~ Methais
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/09/2016 07:40 AM CST
>So I'd always recommend that you keep that as long as your comfortable with the forum there.

REPROTED!!!!!!1

https://i.imgflip.com/cuuzb.jpg?a411144
~ Methais
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/09/2016 08:41 AM CST
Great job on the spreadsheet, thank you for sharing it.

I've just begun playing around with it, but really my only input is that 550 and 950 are not yet on it.
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/09/2016 08:46 AM CST
>>REPROTED!!!!!!1

Noooo!!!1!

Dammit.

Doug
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/09/2016 10:18 AM CST
Threw it on my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxjv4kc16fhvwui/EL%20Chart_V5_12.08.16.zip?dl=0
~ Methais

Nice! Thanks.

>I've just begun playing around with it, but really my only input is that 550 and 950 are not yet on it.

I can honestly say I never make use of them in game and I forgot about them - HA! Last time I used 950 was around the time it released, I dabbled with it a few casts and I haven't cast it since. 550, I've used it once when it released with actual hunting. I played around with it a bit on the test server around the same time, but that was it. It's easy to forget spells when you don't use them much or at all.

I'll see if I can work them into the spreadsheet soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

Now, we're just waiting on the new/updated 917 and 925 to release. Hopefully the folks in red are getting all the last minute bugs/issues hammered out on them so we can see them soon!

-Drumpel
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/10/2016 04:28 PM CST

950 is the bee's knees! How can you not be using this?!?

- Whill
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/10/2016 07:16 PM CST
Who's not using it?

~ Methais
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/11/2016 03:08 PM CST
Who's not using it?
~ Methais

950...?

-Drumpel <---This guy!
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/11/2016 03:15 PM CST
I don't think I've cast it even once (950). I may have cast it once and forgotten though.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/11/2016 03:27 PM CST
You are missing out on some fun. I use it multiple times each Reim run.
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/11/2016 05:14 PM CST
It's good stuff when you have 3-4+ targets. For me it's pretty rare that it doesn't wipe out the entire room and I don't use enhancives or any of that garbage.

~ Methais
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet 12/11/2016 05:48 PM CST
I usually just throw out a few casts of 518-Cone of Elements now when I get 3+ critters. The revamp of the spell made it actually usable everywhere (Huzzah!) and assuming I set it up right, everything is pretty much dead by the third cast (usually something dies in 1 or 2 casts and I switch back to ball or single target spells). I'm also fine with just stepping out of a room if it gets too crazy (so maybe that's where I could use 950 instead).

I could see using 950 in large groups with swarms but I usually hunt solo or with 1 partner as Faulkil.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet - added 950 & 550 12/12/2016 07:23 PM CST
Corrected issue with crit padding points not adding correctly (or at all, at least on my copy) for cell G88 for Mage Armor
Fixed a couple of minor cosmetic things that most people probably won't notice

Added:
950 - Core Tap: I went through and figured out the intervals for EL:A on this spell, it should bring up a very close to accurate % chance to CHANNEL a spell with any EL:A ranks entered. I did not do the same with EL:W or EL:F, too time consuming to figure it all out and put it into the spreadsheet. Just the shown thresholds on the gswiki are shown here for EL:W and EL:F (I may get around to fixing EL:W & EL:F for this spell, just not anytime soon unless I find myself extremely bored at work)
550 - Time Stop

Once again, you can find the zipped file following this link: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?98551-Elemental-Lore-Spreadsheet

Or you can find the link through gswiki at the bottom of Elemental Lore page (directs you to PC): https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_Lore

Methais was kind enough to put the last copy of the spreadsheet on his dropbox, maybe he will be willing to do that again with this one???

If anyone has any questions or see something wrong or something is missing, let me know by posting here or reaching out to my play.net (drumpel@play.net).

-Drumpel
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet - added 950 & 550 12/13/2016 07:23 AM CST
>Methais was kind enough to put the last copy of the spreadsheet on his dropbox, maybe he will be willing to do that again with this one???

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss423z74xj5eznx/EL%20Chart_V5_12.12.16.zip?dl=0

~ Methais
Re: Updated the Elemental Lore Spreadsheet - added 950 & 550 12/13/2016 10:21 AM CST
>Methais was kind enough to put the last copy of the spreadsheet on his dropbox, maybe he will be willing to do that again with this one???
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss423z74xj5eznx/EL%20Chart_V5_12.12.16.zip?dl=0
~ Methais

Thank you.

-Drumpel