Stats 02/11/2016 08:42 PM CST
Hello fellow wizards. I have a quick question. I'm playing a Burghal Gnome Wizzie (Pure) and I'm about to run out of time to reassign my stats. I set up newbie stats to help me level quickly, but now it's time to set up for max growth. The only issue is...I'm not sure what my stats should look like at 100. I'm also not entirely sure I understand the stat growth charts at https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/List_of_statistic_growth_rates#Burghal_Gnome

For instance, the top says that I will grow STR by 5 at 100 trains. The bottom says I need 94 STR to max my STR out to 100 by 100 trains. I may be overstepping my bounds, but that's no math I've ever heard of.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Also, yes I know I'm probably not going to be focusing on STR, just using it as an example of my inability to understand the chart.)
Re: Stats 02/11/2016 10:44 PM CST
Also responded up in the Help for Players forum.

But short answer here - check out the external links at the bottom of the wiki page you referenced.

And I would tend to favor training points over stats for most of the early game (up to level 66 or 70). You can always fixstat later, if you want.

Doug
Re: Stats 02/11/2016 11:31 PM CST
Thanks for the info, Doug, much appreciated. I was under the impression that after the time period elapsed, I would not be able to FIXSTATS again...how often can I do it after the first (I think) 30 days?
Re: Stats 02/11/2016 11:50 PM CST
The FIXSTAT potion is available through two mechanisms. The first is in game, through the Adventurer's Guild. It costs one milliono bounty points, earned as you complete bounties over time.

The second is through the Simucoin store, converting cash to Simucoins to make the purchase. It isn't something that I would say is 'easy' to do every 10 levels or so - which is why setting up initially is important.

But, with the advent of the FIXSTAT potion, it became possible to plan for, and makes the process easier to a degree.

For reference, as a wizard, you can expect to lose out on 300 to 350 training points when you convert over to near perfect stats at cap. After cap, since all you're doing is gaining training points, that's much less of a burden to undertake than giving up those points throughout the leveling process.

There are advantages to be considered - a good strength for example is very important to gnomes throughout the game. But, to maximize stats long term, for example, usually requires a trade-off in Aura and this is a critical stat for the young wizard which determines the overall mana supply available.

The maximizer generally is useful for getting the most training points. The spreadsheet can be used that way, but is easier to use to determine the perfect stat path. I like to suggest getting the training point path into the spreadsheet, then create another copy that shows perfect stats and compare the differences. It'll take a bit of practice, and there may be other questions. There are a lot of us around willing to share our opinion on the matter, though - so asking is encouraged!

Doug
Re: Stats 02/12/2016 12:47 AM CST
Ok, so I'm 15 now and this is what I'm lookin at:

Strength (STR): 51 (-15) ... 51 (-15)
Constitution (CON): 55 (12) ... 55 (12)
Dexterity (DEX): 72 (21) ... 72 (21)
Agility (AGI): 74 (22) ... 74 (22)
Discipline (DIS): 78 (9) ... 78 (9)
Aura (AUR): 95 (27) ... 95 (27)
Logic (LOG): 95 (32) ... 95 (32)
Intuition (INT): 65 (12) ... 65 (12)
Wisdom (WIS): 65 (7) ... 65 (7)
Influence (INF): 62 (1) ... 62 (1)

Since I can change it in the future, do you suggest I stick with these until a certain level before attempting to maximize a bit...or should I change them now?
Re: Stats 02/12/2016 09:24 AM CST
>Since I can change it in the future, do you suggest I stick with these until a certain level before attempting to maximize a bit...or should I change them now?

You're going to tremendously hate life with that strength stat, especially as a Burghal Gnome. Holding more than 3 coins will probably weigh you down to the point where walking will just make you fall over and die.

~ Methais
Re: Stats 02/12/2016 11:05 AM CST
It has been difficult, but not impossible, since I have Floating Disk and Strength, I can generally haul about 7-8 boxes and 5k in coin at a time as long as nothing knocks me over. Hunting close to my level, I've been able to fill my head before getting more than 4 boxes pretty much 100% of the time since my first train. Where it gets annoying is doing erm...tasks that require you to buy 9 or 10 of something very heavy. Even then, though, my scripts are doing most of the work. That said...STR is one of the reasons I'm starting to wonder if my stats should be fixed. Any range of numbers you would suggest instead of what I have currently?
Re: Stats 02/12/2016 11:11 AM CST
No, trust us, you need more strength. My burger gnome started with 90 str, and I still have trouble dodging maneuver attacks if i'm carrying almost anything.
other than that, Logic is a great stat to pad, since it gives a boost to exp you gain every pulse.

Those are the two I made as high as I could, and the rest are catching up.
Re: Stats 02/12/2016 01:31 PM CST
Okay, I'm sold. I didn't realize STR had so much to do with dodging CMAN mechanics. I get squarshed pretty hard when fighting bears or anything else that does serious damage that can get past a high DS. I just thought I was unlucky. I'm gonna play with them a little today and I'll post them later to see what you guys think. Thanks much for the advice.
Re: Stats 02/12/2016 02:36 PM CST
Ok so this is what I ended up with after playing a bit, I'm gonna run off and see how it works. Any thoughts?

90 Strength (STR) 90 Aura (AUR)
40 Constitution (CON) 80 Logic (LOG)
70 Dexterity (DEX) 35 Intuition (INT)
65 Agility (AGI) 50 Wisdom (WIS)
85 Discipline (DIS) 55 Influence (INF)
Re: Stats 02/13/2016 10:25 PM CST
55 Influence (INF)

Somethings wrong here.
Re: Stats 02/14/2016 01:28 PM CST
Higher? Lower? I read that it's not very important and grows very fast, so I set it lower.