Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/16/2015 06:42 PM CDT
I was just curious what the popular enhancements for mages are? Obviously Spell Aim and DEX, but what else do people like? MOC, CM...? Whats your choice? Especially interested in what the upper level mages like.

Just an elf about town...
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/16/2015 09:09 PM CDT
Getting as many MOC ranks as you can is nice for ball spells.
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/17/2015 02:19 AM CDT
AUR, STR, AGL, CON, and WIS, are all good ones to get.

AUR for CS obviously and it also adds to your TD. STR helps with encumbrance. CON gives you more health and some phantom crit padding. AGL helps with avoiding maneuvers and adds to DS. WIS is spirit TD.
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/18/2015 01:04 AM CDT
THW and CMan ranks.

::This space for Rent::
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/18/2015 03:01 AM CDT
+ mana and mana regen

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/18/2015 06:19 PM CDT
Its refreshing to see such a wide variety of the skills people like...

Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/18/2015 09:59 PM CDT
Ranged because, archer mage.

Dex because, archer mage.

Agility because, poor man's DB item.

Spirit Recovery because, elf in Rift.

Spell Aiming because, archer mage.

Aura because, mage.

Strength because, elf in Rift.

Constitution because, . . .

Wisdom because, mage.

Spell knowledge because, arcist mage.

I think that pretty much covers what the Elf does, and why.

Doug
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 01:26 AM CDT
I run 50 spell aim, 40 dex, 40 str, and 40 logic.

My reasoning is pretty straightforward for dexterity and spell aiming: I'm a bolter. It's what I do! And I have a feeling a 60 dexterity bonus is helpful in other areas of combat as well.

Strength is obvious, too. Encumbrance kills. I go to great lengths to minimize the impact of encumbrance. Encumbrance pots from the SimuStore, 20 slot disk, weightless coin pouches, and an effective strength bonus of 45. I can pick up 10k coins and 10 boxes before I even start to feel any encumbrance. As a bonus, I get to drag Jeril out of the Rift every once in awhile and with full 1x climbing and haste I can climb threads even when extremely encumbered. Not bad for a halfling!

The logic may be a bit less obvious, but I estimate as much as a 10% boost in experience gain. It's hard to say exactly how much of a difference logic makes, but when you have many millions of experience, an extra 3-4 experience per pulse adds up. In the short term, that should add up to around 200 additional experience per hour.

I think I've about reached my saturation point with regard to enhancives. I think I'm only barely keeping ahead of my bounty point consumption for recharging at this point. But if it weren't a consideration, I'd probably pick up 40 con next. It's 20 extra health and an additional 4 points of innate crit padding. It's pretty impressive to consider that the races with con bonuses can boost their natural padding to the "heavy" range!

Next I would go for maximum health, which I believe can boost up to 50? Imagine a halfling with over 200 health! Or how about a giant with over 300?

If I picked up ranged weapons I suppose I could use ranged weapon skill enhancives for that. Destroyers are probably a fairly difficult target and I'm sure I could use all the help I can get with them!

A lot of other wizards seek out aura enhancives to boost their elemental CS. As a pure bolter I don't really need a high CS, so I pass on these. But if you plan to rely on immolate as a staple, aura enhancives are a must-have. And if you're going heavy fire lore for immolate, a few ranks of MOC are a good idea for the splash effect on 908.

Agility, I suppose. But 20 DS is a little underwhelming compared to these other boosts. Still, as Doug points out, how much would you pay for a 4x DB? It's not terrible, and is more useful for weapon users who are interested in hitting weapon RT thresholds.

~Taverkin
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 06:43 AM CDT
So there is a hard cap on enhansives at 40 ranks per stat. and 50 ranks per skill?

Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 07:22 AM CDT
Yep. 40 stat/50 skill.

~Taverkin
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 08:06 AM CDT
Currently I have 14 Spell Aim, 4 Dex, so I'm not going to max out anytime soon. I have a bunch of enhancive fodder in my locker, but nothing too useful as a mage. I give the spirit stuff to Empaths or Clerics.

Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 08:58 AM CDT
"I run 50 spell aim, 40 dex, 40 str, and 40 logic." -- Taverkin

Okay, now I understand people talking about the scroll when there're people stripping off their Enhancive items if they're going to be sitting around town for a while. Even rocking a full +7/+3 Premium Enhancive for everything, you're still looking at seventeen (17) items to wear or not.

I had not anticipated things being done to quite that scale.
(Although I don't see why I would have been blind to it: 11 years of GS4 churning out Enhancives, and none of them leaving.)

Mechanically, do you leave the LOGic items on you while you are sitting in town absorbing, to increase that? Or do you take them all off each time?

When the silvers-for-charges at the Adventurer's Guild hits every year, how long into the year does that typically last you?

And do you keep a second tier of items in the locker, so that when your silver-charged primaries run dry you can swap them out for the others, before having to start dipping into your Guild points?

(I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here, either, I'm honestly curious about the lengths people are willing to go to.)
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 09:54 AM CDT
Thankfully these days there are ways to mitigate the scroll from enhancives. There are pause passes so you don't have to take them on and off and the pins from the spire that can hide most of them(Some don't like the look of wearing them all). There are also the armoires from the adventure guild, using them only you see the scroll of wearing/removing the items you select.

The last time I used the silver recharging my enhancives lasted most of the year, it was only in the last few months that some had been depleted of charges. This past year I didn't use the silvers because I don't have a ton of enhancives yet and have plenty of bounty points to keep them charged. And with the current market for fixskills/stats just not worth it to spend the silvers over bounty points to recharge mine.

I haven't heard of anyone keeping a secondary set of enhancives, one set is usually a big enough silver sink for most people.
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 10:26 AM CDT
For my part, I had burnt through a couple hundred million in silver over 3 or 4 years. I did it intentionally, knowingly and to great effect for those of you sharpening your I-net forks. Charged devices for the most part will last through Sep and sometimes Oct - then a light touch until a silver holiday dump again.

The last couple years, interest in BP has changed pretty significantly (as mentioned), so I'm kind of waiting for the snow to fly to see if I can to throw silvers at this again this year or not.

Doug
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 07:26 PM CDT
<"I run 50 spell aim, 40 dex, 40 str, and 40 logic." -- Taverkin

<Okay, now I understand people talking about the scroll when there're people stripping off their Enhancive items if they're going to be sitting around town for a while. Even rocking a full <+7/+3 Premium Enhancive for everything, you're still looking at seventeen (17) items to wear or not.

<I had not anticipated things being done to quite that scale.
<(Although I don't see why I would have been blind to it: 11 years of GS4 churning out Enhancives, and none of them leaving.)

<Mechanically, do you leave the LOGic items on you while you are sitting in town absorbing, to increase that? Or do you take them all off each time?

<When the silvers-for-charges at the Adventurer's Guild hits every year, how long into the year does that typically last you?

<And do you keep a second tier of items in the locker, so that when your silver-charged primaries run dry you can swap them out for the others, before having to start dipping into your Guild <points?

<(I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here, either, I'm honestly curious about the lengths people are willing to go to.)

Well, first there is no screen scroll since they introduced those magical armoires. Also, don't forget about fusion and armor pieces. The bonuses on these items can be significantly higher than you'll find on pinworn and other slots.

Yes, I leave the logic items on whenever I'm absorbing experience.

The vast majority of my recharging is done via bounty points earned running bounties. I believe I currently have about 2.2m BPs remaining out of over 5m lifetime and as I said as best I can tell I am about breaking even at this point with regard to BPs earned to BPs spent. As I don't strictly need to use the silver recharging services, I don't rely on it much.

I don't worry about backup enhancives. I just recharge my items as they run out of charge using BPs.

~Taverkin
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 08:05 PM CDT

Nothing because ... stubborn old dwarf

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Enhansives Whats your flavor? 06/19/2015 08:20 PM CDT
I haven't really found a need for them as of yet.

I finally broke down and tried an enhancive main-gauche with my rogue (stuck a +11 OHE orb into it) and the bonus AS is nice but not really necessary.

Also building up an Influence set for my bard character which I think might make a noticeable difference.

Give me another 10 years or so and maybe I'll have an enhancive set for Faulkil by then!

-- Robert aka Faulkil

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."