A chance to re-attune 10/26/2012 10:29 AM CDT
I'm sure it's been discussed before, but would there ever be a chance to wipe out our wizardly attunement and switch elements? When I attuned when it first came out, I was way differently trained then I am today, as I'm sure is the case with many wizards. Soon, I'm not even going to have any of the lore of the element I'm attuned too, which is kinda silly. Even if it was a potion you needed to buy at a steep price from the wizard guild, it would be well worth it to be more aligned with my current training.
Re: A chance to re-attune 10/26/2012 12:13 PM CDT
This discussion is going on over in Wizard Banter (I believe) but suffice to say, I agree. The staunch opposition to re-attuning (even if it's a one-time-ever per character thing like Society Reset) was Naos's baby, and he's out of the picture. I'd love to see this re-addressed.

- Gondain
Re: A chance to re-attune 10/27/2012 01:55 PM CDT
Ah, so it is...thanks! Now I feel dumb for not even looking at the headlines of the other folders.

Isle Snack Muncher
Attunement revisited 11/05/2012 08:33 AM CST
OK, been thinking about attunement, and some possible changes to it. It seems a bit poorly implemented right now.

Have been having some thoughts about elemental attunement. It seems to have little practical effect; as far as I can see, the main spells it impacts are 411, 415 and 435, all minor elemental circle. An irrevocable choice should have a larger and broader effect.

How about making spells using that element cost less mana? If you are attuned to fire, maybe you can summon fire more easily. Or perhaps it could have an effect similar to x amount of lores; spells using that element are more effective (do more damage, offer more protection etc.). Maybe the equivalent of 10 ranks of lore in that element?

As it is, my mage went 83 trainings before attuning to earth, and that was only to avoid fire flares from 415 when hunting in the Bowels. I felt no pressing need to choose before that time. Give us a reason.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me