HSN: ELR - Elemental Deflection (507) Updated! 09/03/2015 11:34 AM CDT
Hi everybody! (As usual, check the == MECHANICS == section if you hate me.)

So I hear you all don't like seeds. Well, I don't know what it is that you have against plants (Maybe you're not a fan of THE WATERING? I don't know) but given that maybe you'll like today's update! Alright, on to talking about what's going on... First off, this is not a watering. We're talking EARTH today (Plants? See what I did there? HA!) because we're gonna give out a neat defensive bonus. The spell is called DEflection, but we thought we might add some REflection into it, since those words are already so close to each other. Let's get on to what actually happened!

== MECHANICS ==

At 15 ranks of Elemental Lore, Earth this spell unlocks the ability to reflect bolt attacks. The base chance is 5% + 1% for every 10 additional lore ranks (past 15). The reflected bolt will hit a random (group/player unfriendly) target in the room with a -20 AS applied to the reflected attack.

Some notes:

- The check for reflection happens before any AS/DS checks, so this effect happens whether or not the attack would have hit you.
- The reflected bolt does not consider hidden/invisible targets.
- The reflected bolt CAN hit the original attacker.

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Wizards, Major Elemental Circle. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/237/2655/view/372