Minotaur Landslide 01/06/2018 05:16 PM CST
Approximately how many ranks does someone need to climb up from the krag when wearing full plate. Having 40 ranks, non-encumbered, and no wounds/scars, I still seem to slide back down 1 in 3 times.

Thanks.
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/06/2018 07:05 PM CST
I don't know whether or not armor factors into success, but both my sorcerer (full leather) and rogue (brig) have no problem making the climb with 50 ranks unless they start to become encumbered. With fewer ranks it was near impossible for either of them.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/06/2018 07:33 PM CST
I'd imagine its 1% extra chance per rank at that point, so you'd be looking at another 30 ranks.

I accepted that sort of success rate to get there and set a ring and normally ringed up there.
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/06/2018 07:55 PM CST
dumb question: are you climbing in offensive stance?
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/06/2018 08:39 PM CST
No.
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/06/2018 09:09 PM CST
That will fix a lot of things.
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/07/2018 12:35 PM CST
And of course, empty hands...
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/07/2018 02:33 PM CST
That climb is ... ridiculously difficult for the level of hunting. With 30 ranks of climbing, I failed it at least 1/3rd of the time when I was hunting Minos!

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/07/2018 02:53 PM CST
Don't think you can even try with full hands.

It's a dangerous climb to make not-withstanding the potential fall failure. Showing up into a room with empty hands, in offensive stance, that you can't peer ahead is asking for an insta-gib from a waiting mino.

Fail and fall down with RT + damage and a wandering dweller walks in that can stun/perma RT you has definitely happened to me as well. The creatures aren't that bad, it's the environment that kills.
Re: Minotaur Landslide 01/08/2018 09:41 AM CST
I'll be honest, it was largely a non-issue for a Bard at that level: big gob of EL:Air means -3s of RT from Tonis. And oh look: extra Dodge ranks while I'm at it!
(And if I was really feeling paranoid there was Song of Peace before/stop it after... though I cannot recall ever having actually done the PeaceSong bit; area was big enough for free-range critters to roam in the I only saw a beastie in the other end of the climb but infrequently.)

Eventually I switched my ring to/back from spot to be over on the west end near the stairs, rather than at the base of the Christmas tree/after the crevice on the yeti side, and it turned into even more of a non-issue than lower-RT was.

With that said, having stepped up to a new area, I am (still) lovin' me some -3s RT from Tonis while getting turned around in the fog of the [Red Forest]! :)