Bowels Illoke's Dispel 04/07/2017 10:53 AM CDT
An Illoke elder summons the wrath of his god as he gestures at you!
A shifting, prismatic aura coalesces around you, then vanishes in a brilliant flash!
The brilliant, rapidly shifting aura around you shimmers and bursts in a bright flash!
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
You feel your extra strength departing.

This dispel isn't blocked by arcane decoy. Is this working as intended?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Bowels Illoke's Dispel 04/07/2017 11:51 AM CDT
Arcane decoy doesn't block dispel, its just guaranteed to be taken. If only one spell would go, its 1701, but if 4 would go, 1701 only saves one of them and you lose the other 3.

A critter special ability might be coded to bypass it, but a critter cast 530 would take it as one of the spells removed, just as happened to you.

Re: Bowels Illoke's Dispel 04/08/2017 01:14 AM CDT
There was a critter in Wyneb that dispelled and as long as I had decoy up I only ever lost that one spell. Same thing in Reim with the mobs that dispel there. The liches near TaIllistim around level 40 that dispel as well. I only ever lost decoy as long as it was up and they dispelled.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

Re: Bowels Illoke's Dispel 04/08/2017 05:21 AM CDT
Its the difference between dispel (417) and disjunction (530). 417 takes one spell which will always be decoy, 530 takes lots, of which only one will be decoy.

The Illoke used 530 (or a similar critter power, Illoke do various things which look like spells but which are actually critter special abilities) so you lost lots of spells, one of which was decoy.

As you get higher in level, you get the higher level spells thrown at you, so you'll be seeing rather more of disjunction/abolition rather than dispel in future.

Decoy is top quality dispel fodder, but there's value in wearing other non-critical spells too, now that you've reached the level where the mass dispels get thrown at you.
Re: Bowels Illoke's Dispel 04/08/2017 11:07 AM CDT
Ok, ty for the info Rath.