Red Forest Direbears 09/16/2016 02:11 PM CDT
I used a fix skills to get to 1.5x pf, 1.25x cm, 1x perception, 4 ranks of cdefense, 4 ranks of wspec, and dropped down to a chain hauberk with 150 ranks of armor use.

Direbears are still hugging me for 30 sec of rt.

Pretty much everyone in Plat is telling me to give up on this place and go hunt Wyneb.

Any chance direbears can be looked at to see if just maybe they're a bit to difficult in regards to their creature maneuvers?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Red Forest Direbears 09/16/2016 09:51 PM CDT

This isn't an official answer, or even a knowledgeable answer. I play a monk. She's 3x dodge. She was never hugged by any sort of bear (though I was too high level with this zone came out, so I'm simply basing it on all bears rather than direbears.) At 3x dodge, she was never bearhugged, but they often attempted. She either dodged, or grab their paws and flung them over her shoulder which left them prone and if I recall, stunned. Maybe dodge is the way to go on this? Just a thought.
Re: Red Forest Direbears 09/19/2016 04:40 AM CDT
>dodge

There was a discussion, I believe about Major Elemental Wave, some time back. Estild had chimed in to point out that Dodge was not a part of standard manuever checks such at E-wave, Boil, and so on.

Of course, direbears are new, and so mine isn't a knowledgeable answer either, but I don't think Dodge usually factors in to most sorts of maneuvers.

Whether or not the skills mentions are involved, I'd say at least some of those should be the right kind of skills. One thing I will note is that when my sorcerer was helping a friend hunt in a different area with bears, or skinning trolls there, he'd often flip them over his shoulder, or do some somersault and/or tumbling to avoid them. In that sense, it could be very highly level based. Keep in mind, we don't seem to know the precise (nominal) level of all the creatures in the Red Forest yet.