THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/02/2015 07:26 PM CST
The fierce winds that plagued travelers along the Thanatoph Ledge and blew them clear off the mountain has changed! No longer is it mere luck without consideration of the skills and abilities of those who travel there.

Climbing and Survival, as well as Strength, Dexterity, and Agility now play critical roles in preventing a fall. However, due to the severe nature of the winds in the area, survivability requires that hikers hunker down when blasted by the periodic strong gusts.

~Contemplar~
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/02/2015 07:28 PM CST

new verb hunker?

nice change :)
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/02/2015 07:56 PM CST
Nice to see that the occasional posts about Thanatoph shenanigans got some GM attention - thanks!
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/02/2015 09:01 PM CST
I've thought this system was silly for quite a while. It was always one of the reasons Landing guild training annoyed me.

Excellent change.
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/03/2015 12:29 AM CST

Neat! I'd like to see more areas like this where climbing/swimming/survival/perception can mitigate environmental effects or even provide some sort of relative advantage.
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/03/2015 09:10 AM CST

Is the hunkering automatic or player initiated? (Does it force you to your knees when wind kicks up or do you need to kneel/whatever?)
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/03/2015 10:53 AM CST

Hunker down while I'm beatin on a room fulla giants and trolls?
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/04/2015 05:56 AM CST
>Is the hunkering automatic or player initiated? (Does it force you to your knees when wind kicks up or do you need to kneel/whatever?)

It is automatic, and will force you to the ground instead clear off the ledge.

~Contemplar~
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/04/2015 06:01 AM CST
I was thinking it was some sort of mini game forcing you to pray to Illoke 5 times per hunt or suffer the fall if you didn't heed the call.
Re: THANATOPH LEDGE UPDATES! 11/04/2015 09:29 AM CST

Thanks for the reply! Good to see it is automatic... still keeps that element of danger but not inherent instant death. (Not that a fall always killed you but... DRAAAAMMMMAAA.)