Sailors' Haven - Spectral Fisherman 09/05/2015 03:01 PM CDT
Any chance these guys could get their gen rate bumped up a bit...I have gotten a few bounties here lately and every time its a nightmare because they seem to spawn about once every couple of minutes. I know the area is almost completely unhunted, but that is probably because of the dismal gen rate.
Re: Sailors' Haven - Spectral Fisherman 09/05/2015 03:04 PM CDT
Heck, if you want to be really generous, you could intermingle them in the kappa area and vice versa...make that whole area a good place for a young character. Besides...it would be fun watching a kappa and a fisherman go at it.
Re: Sailors' Haven - Spectral Fisherman 09/05/2015 05:48 PM CDT
Their spawn area is badly designed. It works if there are a lot of hunters after them, but they'll keep despawning on you if you are the only one. Its not so much the gen rate, as its the geometry of the spawning area thats the cause.
Re: Sailors' Haven - Spectral Fisherman 09/05/2015 05:58 PM CDT
>Their spawn area is badly designed. It works if there are a lot of hunters after them, but they'll keep despawning on you if you are the only one. Its not so much the gen rate, as its the geometry of the spawning area thats the cause.

Probably because it used to be a really popular area for parties to camp in back in the day...so the gen rates were probably based on huge groups being in the area.
Re: Sailors' Haven - Spectral Fisherman 09/05/2015 08:12 PM CDT
>>Any chance these guys could get their gen rate bumped up a bit...I have gotten a few bounties here lately and every time its a nightmare because they seem to spawn about once every couple of minutes. I know the area is almost completely unhunted, but that is probably because of the dismal gen rate.

In lots of places, the critters get out of balance across the regions of the area they inhabit. You have to move from one section to the other and thin things out across all the sub-sections to keep the critters generating. Because of that behavior in other places, I've always wondered if there is an as yet undiscovered (or really well kept secret) area around the Sailors Haven that most of us do not know about yet.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Sailors' Haven - Spectral Fisherman 09/05/2015 08:46 PM CDT
>In lots of places, the critters get out of balance across the regions of the area they inhabit. You have to move from one section to the other and thin things out across all the sub-sections to keep the critters generating. Because of that behavior in other places, I've always wondered if there is an as yet undiscovered (or really well kept secret) area around the Sailors Haven that most of us do not know about yet.

It would have to be REALLY well hidden for it to have gone undiscovered all this time. But then it is possible, as it was one of the first areas in the game. I have noticed places like the catacombs and older areas have a lot of really interesting secrets if you know where to look.