Graveyard Gate 07/28/2015 05:45 PM CDT
Is it possible for the graveyard to get into or out of than it is currently. Seems like such a waste its so painful for young characters to get into the area outside the crypt.

A long time ago when the traffic in and out of the graveyard was much higher, it made sense to have the gate with the team pushing to open the gate...but nowadays its just a real pain...which often requires tedious begging to get into the graveyard. A lone adventurer can push the gate for 5-10 minutes before it opens. This is likely not fun for new characters.

Just a thought that maybe making it easier to push...or making another entrance where they can sneak in...etc would be something nice to change in the lower levels of the game. Maybe even make the gatekeeper sneak in people under a certain level (easy victims) or something of that nature.
Re: Graveyard Gate 07/28/2015 06:02 PM CDT
Use a gold ring and it becomes pretty simple unless you are doing a child rescue.

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Graveyard Gate 07/29/2015 06:01 AM CDT
There are workarounds, but I agree the GY entrance mechanics aren't suitable for new characters any more.

>A lone adventurer can push the gate for 5-10 minutes before it opens.

Small races can't ever push it open unaided.

>Maybe even make the gatekeeper sneak in people under a certain level (easy victims) or something of that nature.

Those goblins have to have a route ...
Re: Graveyard Gate 07/29/2015 11:13 AM CDT
What about an enterprising fellow offers to raft you up or down the creek in the back for a fee? Have it terminate north of the entrance trail maybe? You can always hop the gate, but it'd give more options for getting in and out, particularly out if you're on a rescue and not magically inclined. They could even be a Voln member and give discounts if you use the appropriate symbol.
Re: Graveyard Gate 07/30/2015 09:13 AM CDT
>They could even be a Voln member and give discounts if you use the appropriate symbol.

Symbol of blessing could. and perhaps should, open the gate.
Re: Graveyard Gate 07/30/2015 08:23 PM CDT
Symbol of seeking works since it can transport groups, but only, AFAIK, to get in, not out. Symbol of return would work going out. Having blessing open the gate would be useful; costs less favor than return, and would leave the member using it the option of staying while the person he was helping ran back out. I like the idea; it would basically do the same thing as the paladin spell 1604 when used on the gate. Make it so!

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Graveyard Gate 08/15/2015 06:11 AM CDT

>>Use a gold ring and it becomes pretty simple unless you are doing a child rescue.

Set the ring to the other side of the gate, ring, child will follow, continue onwards.
Re: Graveyard Gate 08/15/2015 07:25 PM CDT
Dont know who makes them or maybe it was from a festival,but i had potions i would pour on the gates to open them. Could have sworn it was from alchemy
Re: Graveyard Gate 08/15/2015 09:35 PM CDT
Well the spells 407, 309, 1604, and some monk spell (I think) will open the gate, so maybe the potion had one of those spells in it.
Re: Graveyard Gate 08/16/2015 09:11 AM CDT
>Well the spells 407, 309, 1604, and some monk spell (I think) will open the gate, so maybe the potion had one of those spells in it.

A 309 potion should open it. I'd have thought a pure potion would too, though its an expensive way to open it. 1207 is the MnM spell that opens some gates some of the time. It didn't open the GY gate back when I needed it to, but it was a matter of a couple of weeks at the outside when I had 1207 and didn't have seeking so it might be different now. Warrior guild members can also bash the GY gate. (Voln warriors should always get 1 rank in bash for this purpose the moment they join the guild)
Re: Graveyard Gate 08/20/2015 09:31 PM CDT
You can climb in, and ring out. Also in the unusual case when I'm around he Landing, if someone asks on LNet or the thought-net for someone to pop the GY gate, usually I can't even help because it's open before I start to move or open once I get there. Being so close to TSC, it's very very easy to get some help for this one.

Definitely not saying this is the best-ever design but it's not that terrible either to get in.

>Symbol of seeking works since it can transport groups, but only, AFAIK, to get in, not out. Symbol of return would work going out. Having blessing open the gate would be useful; costs less favor than return, and would leave the member using it the option of staying while the person he was helping ran back out. I like the idea; it would basically do the same thing as the paladin spell 1604 when used on the gate. Make it so!

I'd be fine with Symbol of Blessing opening the gate, and then 304 would also work (which is fine by me). These are great suggestions.

>Set the ring to the other side of the gate, ring, child will follow, continue onwards.

You forgot to say: PROTIP

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p