new stronghold tricks? 09/01/2014 01:19 AM CDT
Did the critters in the stronghold really need to learn how to cast mass spells? Were they complaining that they were getting killed too easily? Never saw this before; something new?

>>An Illoke mystic invokes the power of his god.
>
An Illoke mystic sinks his hands into the ground!
An Illoke mystic's group seems to blend into the surroundings better.<<

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: new stronghold tricks? 09/01/2014 02:56 AM CDT
Oh, forgot to mention ... his "group" apparently was himself and 2 stone giants. OK, maybe the giants needed a buff, being weaker, but still ....

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: new stronghold tricks? 09/03/2014 03:07 AM CDT
They have always done that. :)

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: new stronghold tricks? 09/03/2014 04:40 AM CDT
Neither here nor there wrt the Stronghold, but a number of creatures cast mass spells. My understanding of the general mechanic is any other creature in the room gets the buff.

But I know some creatures are hostile towards one another (particularly undead and living). The Miasmal Forest and Oteska's Haven are definitely not a happy family. So it makes me wonder if creatures which are hostile to one another still give each other massies or not. It would be kind of ironic.

I should check my logs or keep an eye out on greater moor wights. I know they have mass blurs, and the undead around there like to beat up on the trolls IIRC.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: new stronghold tricks? 09/03/2014 09:13 PM CDT
>>My understanding of the general mechanic is any other creature in the room gets the buff. <<

Indeed; I was thinking about this after I posted the original question. I decided that, mechanically, it made sense that all critters in a room were considered one big group. Otherwise, they'd be hitting each other when they used AOE spells. Which does raise the question of whether or not creatures that attack each other are considered one group or two.

Re: new stronghold tricks? 09/04/2014 07:00 PM CDT
I don't think the mechanic involved is terribly 'clever' in discerning who is friend or foe. My animal companion occasionally gets buffed from critter group spells and he's certainly not fighting on their side.