Berserk Mechanics 05/03/2016 11:42 AM CDT
The changes that were made to MOC to include the use of UAC was amazing and has created additional optimization for people that roll UAC (myself included) and has given the build great growth. I was curious if there are any intentions to add that mechanic to Berserk. As someone who uses UAC I will effectively lose out on this valuable skill. Are their plans to do something similar to MOC where one could Berserk Punch and then the actions during berserk would automatically use the punch action during berserk.

I am hopeful that this could be a possible change as Berserk is a big part of warriors, and although UAC is very viable for warriors, having to lose out on berserk is a big let down. I will understand if it something where its a "tough titties kitty this milk is dry" scenario but it would seem logical that a warrior that loses his mind wielding a broadsword or mace or two handed weapon, would just as readily lose his mind and punch or kick his way out of an issue if he was inclined to be a warrior that trained in unarmed/close quarters combat skills.

I await any response with hope and wide eyes.

~Player of Rohlund
Re: Berserk Mechanics 05/03/2016 12:12 PM CDT
I think this is a fantastic idea. I have seen in my own little guy and heard other brawl/warriors avoid using berserk to escape stuns/binds/webs because it is safer to be stunned than stuck in an 8 round fist berserk.

A second alternative would be to add a feature to berserk (maybe with mastery?) that can be set to pull a weapon out at the start of the attack rounds if nothing is in hand. It is not as good as the UAC option but it would at least let folks carry a fist scythe or alternate weapon type and still make use of berserk.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: Berserk Mechanics 05/03/2016 12:18 PM CDT
Warriors can use the following (prior to berserk);

Skill Name: Stun Maneuvers
Mnemonic: stunman
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: Base 15 (-7 Rank 1, -5 Rank 2, -3 Rank 3).
Other Requirements: Being stunned.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Monks.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 2
Rank 2: (Squares) 4
Rank 3: (Squares) 6
Rank 4: (Squares) 8
Rank 5: (Squares) 10
Description: Attempt to perform various actions while stunned:
Shield (Rank 1) - Attempt to ready a shield in your left hand.
Weapon (Rank 1) - Attempt to ready a suitable weapon in your right hand.
Get (Rank 2) - Attempt to grab an item.
Stand (Rank 3) - Attempt to stand back up.
Stance1 (Rank 3) - Attempt to increase defensive stance by 20%.
Stance2 (Rank 4) - Attempt to increase defensive stance by 40%.
Attack (Rank 4) - Attempt to attack an opponent.
Move (Rank 5) - Attempt to flee in a particular direction.
Re: Berserk Mechanics 05/03/2016 12:54 PM CDT
While true, stunman is sadly horrible. It only works on stuns (not webs, fear, and so on), and has a much lower success rate than berserk. I would also be open to stunman being made less awful, although needing to drop 30 Cman points to make a guild skill work is not nearly as palatable.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: Berserk Mechanics 05/03/2016 07:50 PM CDT
Agreed that turning to brawling instead of swinging a fist like a weapons. My basic rule is I never berserk out of a stun less than 3 rounds, and even then I get stuck in berserk mode sometimes, in a hunting area where it's nearly a death sentence.
Re: Berserk Mechanics 05/03/2016 10:15 PM CDT
When UAC mstrike was first released Finros said he was going to bring the suggestion up with the other Devs. I also hope that it is implemented for UAC warriors.
Re: Berserk Mechanics 05/04/2016 01:27 PM CDT

Oh well it is promising that it had been mentioned to be addressed, at least then it appears no friction or animosity towards actually having it added and maybe more just an issue physically getting it coded and implemented.