Batter Barriers 03/07/2016 03:03 PM CST
Can bash be looked at to either increase damage or reduce roundtime, or both?

It is agonizingly slow, with no learning. The discrepancy between bash and fire spirit for example on krolvin quest doors or invasion ships and obstacles to break is large. Also, lich phylacteries take longer than I think a bash master should (I know we get some bonus but an extra 6 seconds in a swarm per creature, forever), and boxes well ouch.

At least for masters!
Re: Batter Barriers 03/07/2016 03:11 PM CST
I'd even go for adding weapon weighting (damage or crit) to the bash force!

Make it break like a rotten wooden box!
Re: Batter Barriers 03/11/2016 01:55 AM CST

especially since you guys stole haste trinkets from us by screwing up haste. :)
Re: Batter Barriers 03/11/2016 08:23 AM CST
>I'd even go for adding weapon weighting (damage or crit) to the bash force!

It could be one of those old wives tales still going around in the game but I always assumed this was the case. I thought that is why people always wanted those massive glaes clubs because they have alot of damage weighting or is it just because they are heavy? Now that I think about it what ARE the success factors? Weapon weight? Weapon Speed? Blunt vs. Edged? weighting? TWC have any impact? Stats? Skills? Spells?

I think a base RT of 3 seconds and fumbles increasing from there would be great, once mastered (is this the case now? dont know). Also, it would be nice if quickstrike could work with bashing to further reduce the base RT if desired.
Re: Batter Barriers 03/11/2016 09:45 AM CST
"It could be one of those old wives tales still going around in the game but I always assumed this was the case." -- CaveManiac

"BATTER BARRIERS: Add your strength bonus, 1/2 weapon bonus (enchantment, magic metals--NOT your weapon skill), skill bonus (+4/rank), 1/4th your level (warriors only) and a d100. Anything over 100 results in a hit, the higher the roll, the more damage done. Crit weighted weapons (such as claidhmores) and heavy weapons add to the damage done after a successful hit, while light weapons (like daggers) reduce the damage normally done. How many hits your box has is based upon the lock difficulty and modified by the box materials. When a box is opened, there is a chance for items to break, which gets lower as you get more skill." -- "Official Warrior Guild FAQ 1.0", April 23, 1997, GM Giacomo

"Batter barriers does take materials into account. The number of hit points is based on the lock difficulty, making the assumption that the person who put lock on would pay to make the chest as sturdy as he paid to make the lock.

Your chance of hitting the chest, and the amount of damage is based upon your skill roll, modified by the tool you use. Claidhmore's work real good. Things other than weapons will work, too. :) You also learn to use new tools as you progress in ranks.

One thing to be aware of, though: GS3 only remembers how much damage you did for 4 minutes from the last swing. It doesn't save with crashes or log- off/disconnects. You can get help from friends. :)

Some doors and chests are impossible to open. Well, not impossible. You just have to do 100,000 hit points of damage in ONE SWING. Ok, so it is impossible. :)" -- Cat2, Topic32, #177, Dec 30 1996, GM Giacomo
Re: Batter Barriers 03/11/2016 10:56 AM CST
Interesting. I'd forgotten that weapon enchant made a difference. The most effective weapons for bashing still appear to be the 100 pound ones you can get at the guild, but I think I'll see what happens when I bash with an extra-high enchant weapon, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Kerl
Re: Batter Barriers 03/15/2016 09:48 AM CDT
>1/4th your level (warriors only)

Sorcerers are so gimped on this formula. Nerf warriors!

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Batter Barriers 03/30/2016 06:34 AM CDT

<splat>

never bash a scarab

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)