Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 01/07/2016 08:27 PM CST
I finally caved due to the fact I have more than a couple neat runestaves and I got a warrior sheath. I don't think it's halving the weight on my runestaffs like it does melee weapons however :(

In the lizard skin swordbelt:
Weapons [5]: an old crooked staff enveined with emerald moss, an ancient staff riddled with wasp holes, an old rowan staff, a burled drakar-shod runestaff with charred runes down its length, a silver-capped lor runestaff
Total items: 5
R>weight my sword
You carefully examine the lizard skin swordbelt and determine that the weight is about 11 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 01/07/2016 08:42 PM CST
Warrior sheaths only reduce encumbrance when they're worn. (You can play around with silvers to confirm this.)

They don't halve the weight, they reduce the weight of an item by 2 pounds, down to a minimum of a half-pound.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 01/07/2016 09:31 PM CST
I see! It's working as intended then (confirmed using silvers; thanks for the suggestion!)!
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 01/09/2016 12:55 AM CST
Dat answer.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/18/2016 04:23 PM CST
So I think I have a Warrior Sheath Bug

I altered 2 warrior swordbelts into 'belts' (neither of the characters wearing them use swords but carry many weapons). I filled my pockets so that the next 50 silver would increase my encumbrance to the next level and then removed 2 weapons from one of the sheaths. My encumbrance didn't change.

You can't quite get comfortable, and are definitely feeling the effects of the weight you are carrying. Lightening your load could help.
>deposit 50 coins
You hand your silvers over to the teller who nods as he makes a few notes in the books and says, "That's 50 silvers to your account for a total balance of 1014629." The teller nods his head in approval.
>enc
>
You feel somewhat weighed down, but can still move well, though you realize you are not as quick as you could be.
>get dag from my belt
>get dag from my belt
You remove a 0 flecked dagger from in your lizard skin belt.
>
You remove a narrow-bladed cutthroat dagger from in your lizard skin belt.
>enc
You feel somewhat weighed down, but can still move well, though you realize you are not as quick as you could be.
>put dag in my belt
>put dag in my belt
You put a narrow-bladed cutthroat dagger in your lizard skin belt.
>
You put a 0 flecked dagger in your lizard skin belt.
>get trol from belt
You remove a sharply-honed ora troll-claw from in your lizard skin belt.
>get black from belt
You remove a rhimar-weighted blackjack from in your lizard skin belt.
>enc
>put left in belt
You put a rhimar-weighted blackjack in your lizard skin belt.
>put right in belt
>
You put a sharply-honed ora troll-claw in your lizard skin belt.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/19/2016 05:31 AM CST
If a weapon only weighs half a pound to start with, it won't be made any lighter. You need to check how heavy those weapons are. While the blackjack and troll-claw should be heavier, the daggers quite likely are only 0.5lb.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/19/2016 06:25 AM CST
Troll claw and blackjack are 2lbs each. Also I have a vague feeling my encumbrance changed while I was resting in hiding doing nothing (no surge, no armor support) but I am wearing 35lb (yes 35lb) full plate with 6 or more containers (some nested) such as locksmith toolkits with nested toolkits full of vials.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/19/2016 07:51 AM CST
2lb weapons should weigh 0.5lb each in the sheath which should be fairly readily noticeable when you tested.

You were wearing the sheath? It won't reduce weight if you've nested it into some other container.

Also you are wearing it in the right location? If the merchant changed the location, I can imagine that breaking the script.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/19/2016 08:51 AM CST
Belt worn, removed only to alter both (one for me, one for my alt), as per my original post. Perhaps warrior "swordbelts" can break (blaim Rolfard!) when I changed the noun to belt...

As for changing the noun to "belt", I dont mind weaponbelt or other derivations, but it didnt make sense for swordbelts when I have a crapton of brawlers and runestaffs stowed.
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/19/2016 10:11 AM CST
I had a few extra gems in my boot...or something.

I mean...I was w-w-w-w-w-w-w-wrong! (as shown below)

>withdraw 160 coins
>enc
The teller looks a bit annoyed as he flips through his books and nods saying, "Very well, a withdrawal of 160 silvers." He makes a few marks in his book and continues, "New balance: 1029779."
The teller hands you the coins which you quickly pocket.
>
You can't quite get comfortable, and are definitely feeling the effects of the weight you are carrying. Lightening your load could help.
>deposit 160 coins
>enc
You hand your silvers over to the teller who nods as he makes a few notes in the books and says, "That's 160 silvers to your account for a total balance of 1029939." The teller nods his head in approval.
>
>remove belt
>enc
You remove a multicolored lizard skin belt from around your waist.
>
>wear belt
>enc
You put a multicolored lizard skin belt around your waist.
>
Re: Warrior Weapon Sheath bug? 02/20/2016 05:33 AM CST
Maybe you were holding it the first time?

>Belt worn, removed only to alter both (one for me, one for my alt), as per my original post.

>You put a multicolored lizard skin belt around your waist.

This is waist worn. Belt worn would look something like "You attach a multicolored lizard skin belt to your belt." i.e. pretty silly which is why I wondered if something funny with locations might be going on.