Dark chamber assignment bug 12/30/2015 11:01 PM CST
Another issue with guild training. Working out in the Dark Chamber doesn't stop when you run out of stamina.

You exert your will against the forces holding you motionless but cannot seem to break them!
You are beginning to feel a little fatigued.
>health
You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 168
Remaining Health Points: 168

Maximum Spirit Points: 9
Remaining Spirit Points: 9

Maximum Stamina Points: 109
Remaining Stamina Points: 4

>
You focus all your will into a berserker's rage that breaks the bindings holding you back!

[You have 9 repetition(s) remaining.]
>health

Remaining Stamina Points: 0

>
The attendant grapples you around your shoulders and keeps you from standing.

Acting swiftly, the attendant hacks you in the solar plexus, causing your mouth to open with a gasp. He quickly pours a dose of some foul-tasting brew down your throat. Your entire body suddenly becomes stiff with paralysis!
>health

>
You focus all your will into a berserker's rage that breaks the bindings holding you back!

[You have 8 repetition(s) remaining.]
>health
>berserk
You begin to concentrate on the grimmest images possible, searching seldom-visited places of your soul for rage and bloodlust.

Everything around you turns red as you work yourself into a berserker's rage!

Acting swiftly, the attendant hacks you in the solar plexus, causing your mouth to open with a gasp. He quickly pours a dose of some foul-tasting brew down your throat. Your entire body suddenly becomes stiff with paralysis!
>
health

Remaining Stamina Points: 13

>You focus all your will into a berserker's rage that breaks the bindings holding you back!

[You have 5 repetition(s) remaining.]
>

>

[You have 4 repetition(s) remaining.]
>

>

[You have 3 repetition(s) remaining.]
>

>health

>

[You have 2 repetition(s) remaining.]
>

>
"Still got some muscle control, eh?" asks the attendant. "How about another dose?" without even waiting for you to attempt a protest, he forces another swallow of the bitter brew down your throat.
>

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]
>health

>

>

[You have completed this task.]
>

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 12/31/2015 01:58 AM CST
The berserk training stamina thing is not bug (you can still continue to berserk at zero stamina, you just don't get the multiattacks -- which doesn't matter for training), but I believe I have fixed guzzle issue.

Coase
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 12/31/2015 02:54 AM CST
That's what I thought when reading it (0 stamina but berserking rounds ongoing) but it does usually end when breaking a bind in the field.

I guess the chamber is different though somehow. Anyway, better for guild members!
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 12/31/2015 11:04 AM CST
Thanks for the speedy response and fix Coase! I'll test out the Guzzle fix later today.

Also glad to hear the dark chamber is working as intended! I'm happy with the current behavior but it seemed like a bug to I went ahead and posted it.

-- Robert

Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/01/2016 08:20 PM CST
Still no luck on WTRICK guzzle. Do only certain ales / beverages work? Some other tip or trick to getting this to work?

>get ale from my pack
You remove a winterberry red ale from in your leather pack.

>wtrick guzzle
You tip your head back and empty your red ale down your gullet! You discard your vessel of drink and wipe off your mouth.
You feel tension draining away, giving way to a very relaxed state.

>look
[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Nolofinwe disk, the Regwen disk, the purple Xecnephias disk, an irritable taiga spirit that is flying around, the Khambria disk, the white Florien disk, a slit-pupiled grey fire wyrdling, the Eneque disk, a chalk white hood, the red Scribs disk, a cherry-filled loaf of dark bread, a reinforced dark mesh aventail, a bound blue crystal, a large white poster, an indigo glowing poster, an ivory gold-hued poster, a tattered ale-stained poster, a rhimar trash receptacle, a colorful silver-bound barrel emblazoned with a row of tiny grey penguins, a carved ice bench with some stuff on it, a blanket of snow, an official rhimar-plated sign and a hastily painted poster.
Also here: Calael, Ryzn, Lord Nolofinwe, Gaddock, Kamiel who is kneeling, Apprentice Dirvy who is sitting, Great Lady Regwen who is sitting, Lord Xecnephias who is sitting, Khambria, Torhen who is sitting, Eneque who is kneeling, Grand Lord Concise, Great Lord Yaanek, Sasathi, Lord Scribs
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

>gld
You are a member of the Warrior Guild.
You are current with your dues and must check in again sometime in the next 34 days.
You currently have 0 task trading vouchers.
You currently have 61 ranks out of a possible 176 for your training.

You have 6 ranks in the Disarm Weapon skill.
You need 64 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to let a partner disarm a twohanded weapon from you.
You have 17 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 49 ranks in the Berserk skill.
You need 61 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to go out and practice Berserk against creatures.
You have 7 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 7 ranks in the Warrior Tricks skill.
You need 37 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to practice Guzzle for an audience.
You have 23 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 1 rank in the Tackle skill.
You need 39 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to practice tackling a partner.
You have 8 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 1 rank in the War Cries skill.
You need 1 training point to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to get a partner to teach some war cry techniques.
You have 20 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You have 3 ranks in the Batter Barriers skill.
You are not currently training in this skill.

-- Robert

Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/02/2016 01:07 AM CST
>You feel tension draining away, giving way to a very relaxed state.

This looks like the drink is doing something special (scripted), which interferes with reps. Guzzle will only work with plain drinks for reps.

Coase
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/02/2016 03:40 AM CST
Guzzle normally fails on scripted drinks (There's no telling what ... will do at that dose.) with the exception of standard alcoholic ones.

You can find non-alcoholic ales in some guilds that will allow you to get guzzle reps with a drink that looks alcoholic.
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/02/2016 10:05 AM CST
I'll try a variety of beverages around town and see what works.

Thanks!

-- Robert

Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/02/2016 10:16 AM CST
Okay so... a glass of ice water works (boring), ales don't. I'll just assume it's another way the guild is testing me (making me drink water instead of ale, and in public at that).

Thanks!

-- Robert

Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/02/2016 11:12 AM CST
Robert,

I mastered that guild skill before the alcohol system got revamped with the ability to get drunk so can't test in the chamber, but not all drinks were converted or get you drunk.

Since the initial log was in Icemule, go to the Ice House and order a halfling beer. I noticed recently they have no effect on you when drunk so not scripted and should work fine with Guzzle. Just don't attack anyone with one in hand while in the bar! ;) Ok do it
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/02/2016 11:13 AM CST
And I mean it IS a halfling beer, so why should it have any effect!
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/03/2016 11:54 AM CST
Drinks in the guild that look like they ought to be alcoholic often aren't, so you can guzzle them. Every guild has a drink that will work for guzzle somewhere in it.
Re: Dark chamber assignment bug 01/03/2016 12:01 PM CST
Yep. My mistake in assuming that guzzling most liquids (outside of potions) would work.

This would be a nice enhancement but it's only for guild work so it's not a huge issue (once you know which drinks will work).

Thanks all for the response and help!

-- Robert