Sheath making 10/05/2013 04:13 AM CDT
I decided to make a new quiver for my little rogue tonight and hadn't done anything with wtrick sheathm in many years. The first thing I noticed was, if you cut your bundle of 10 hides in your left hand, leave the pattern you get in your right hand afterwards, and then cut another bundle in your left hand it automatically bundles them for you. Pretty cool. Except there is no way to unbundle them when you want to cure the hides so you're stuck with a 50 (Go big or go home) hide bundle that takes 35 hours to cure! That's pretty lame. I decided, heck, I'll go get 50 MORE skins and make another quiver because I sure as heck don't want to wait around 35 hours. So, I farm up my 50 hides, this time cutting them in stacks of 5, putting the pattern away, and cutting the next stack, etc. Awesome. 10 stacks of 5 and 3.5 hours for each package to cure. After they finished I bundled em up, no problems here, and sewed up the spiffy new quiver. I stamped my initials on it, then I ran into the NEXT problem. I decided to dye my spiffy new quiver to match my rogue's cloak. The color was already there, sweet. Dyed it. Bightroc says, "I'd guess that'd take about 41 hours and 40 minutes to dry." WHAT?! Are you frickin' kidding me? What the heck is the point of a 42 hour drying time to dye my quiver?

Daergard