Prev_page Previous 1
Wiki Moderation and Management 09/04/2017 10:47 PM CDT
I wanted to take a moment to address some concerns about the wiki.

When Simutronics acquired the Krakiipedia, the wiki became an official source of documentation. While the wiki will remain player-driven, our GameMasters will also continue to correct outdated and erroneous information. This has been a work in progress, and we still need to make it more clear which articles are considered official.

During the transition from the Krakiipedia to the GS Wiki, a number of players stood out and helped us with the overwhelming tasks of formatting and correcting the wiki. Many of these players became our first moderators of the wiki. These are the key people who helped shape the wiki for us and pushed for a style guide that we strive to use.

Our lead moderator is currently Allereli. She has put in a vast number of hours and continues to uphold to the standards that were set forth. If you look at her contributions, you can quickly see the huge investment of her time and heavy amount of edits she has performed.

I do realize everyone puts in a lot of effort into the wiki, especially when you spend a lot of time formatting and adding information. It is not a slight to anyone if one of our moderator steps in to either inform you of some needed formatting changes or to lock down a page until things get clarified. This is what they were set to uphold when they became a moderator for our wiki.

One of the concerns that recently came up are when a moderator locks a page or reverts some information. Again we realize a lot of effort goes into these edits. Be mindful that if something is official documentation or an article was edited by a GameMaster, it's something that should get signed off on before making an edit. Using the Village Pump or the Discussion Tab at the top of each article is the best way to communicate an edit.

We appreciate everything everyone does for our wiki. You all help make the GemStone IV community informed and keep documentation more easily to find.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 11:48 AM CDT
<and we still need to make it more clear which articles are considered official.>

Honestly, this should have been a priority from the beginning. I know I'd be awfully put off and hesitant to continue contributing if I spent hours editing a page only to have it reverted and be addressed in the manner I've seen happen to a couple others.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 11:56 AM CDT

I propose official info should be locked by default, and GM's should leave them locked when they finish.

Proactive is better than reactive. A policy against changing special content is better enforced by never letting it happen.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 12:15 PM CDT
>>Honestly, this should have been a priority from the beginning. I know I'd be awfully put off and hesitant to continue contributing if I spent hours editing a page only to have it reverted and be addressed in the manner I've seen happen to a couple others.

Our priority was to get the wiki fully converted over to GSWiki, make sure the MediaWiki software updates were complete concerning security issues with using outdated 1.13 software, integrated with your play.net account, allowing new editors to have access since this dried up for quite awhile, and bring about a standardize style guide.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 02:32 PM CDT
Honestly Wyrom, I would love to stop updating the wiki and leave it to the mods. The problem is they do a poor job. Merchant lists are not updated quickly enough to be useful to the general population. Mechanics changes are not updated in a timely manner. Platinum and Shattered specific information is non-existent from them.

Every time I try to make contributions, and fix things they are too slow on, I have to fight with your lead mod about everything. Worst of all the mods don't tweak and edit when they see something wrong, they remove and revert, then do it themselves when they have time. They seem to destroy as many hours of work as they put in. If there is some super secret wiki editing policy that only the mods have maybe it's time to share it with the rest of us?

We're trying to help and make things better and we're being treated like garbage in response, by your appointed mods.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 02:53 PM CDT

>Kithus

Seeing as to how you've now seen the error that I pointed out that was an issue with your table, and have now added your request to the existing ones (including mine that were made before the system was fully released) on the Officials, I'm not sure what your problem is. The only person who should have a problem here is me for you being able to verbally abuse and harass me for doing my job without any real repercussions.

I didn't take it to that point, you did.

>Every time I try to make contributions, and fix things they are too slow on, I have to fight with your lead mod about everything.

stop using hyperbole.

These are your contributions:

https://gswiki.play.net/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/KITHUS&target=KITHUS

You can see all of the articles where your last edit is the current iteration. You are the one who refuses to work with others and take sound advice, whether it is on mechanics articles or shop listings.

I will not stay up all night and affect my health to make a shop list. Good on you for contributing if you feel our updating is "too slow." Maybe our updating speed is strategy to "make sure we get our questions answered; release posts can be very iffy in terms of detail."
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 02:58 PM CDT
I don't know about the software updates, but I was under the impression the rest of that was accomplished long ago. How many years does it take to slap up some HSN style banners declaring a page official info that shouldn't be touched?

There's some places where it should be obvious that it's official (spells, crit tables, etc), but there are plenty of others where it could go either way. The more I'm reading this folder, the more it's looking like I shouldn't be adding missing info about critters as I hunt new areas or changing much of anything else that isn't a guide I created myself.

When Ensocrell was released, a couple others and I made it a point to get the release info onto that spell's page and somewhat formatted almost immediately. Next time should we leave the page blank until someone "official" gets around to it (looking at the history for the page it was about three months before a mod started editing it)? Or do we wait until a mod/GM starts editing it to leave it alone?

I may not be the most prolific contributor or the most knowledgeable about the mechanics of the wiki, but I have been making contributions longer then most that seem to be dictating the direction of it (which surprised me when I checked)... some of them I've been given the impression were at least slightly significant. Yet it feels like there are being big changes in what the wiki is ment to be and the role players are expected to play... but only those players that were tapped as mods are being kept in the loop as to exactly what that is and the rest of us aren't finding out until contributions are reversed. I don't want to spend hours putting up and formatting new info just to have it removed with a note that only NIR can add/change it.... that was never the case before, but seems to be the way it is now.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 03:03 PM CDT
We appreciate everything everyone does for our wiki. You all help make the GemStone IV community informed and keep documentation more easily to find.
Wyrom, PM

I use the wiki multiple times a day when I am playing and sometimes even when I am not playing just to look something up. Everyone who is involved in the wiki gets a big "thank you" from me. It's such a great resource.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 03:24 PM CDT
>> I use the wiki multiple times a day when I am playing and sometimes even when I am not playing just to look something up. Everyone who is involved in the wiki gets a big "thank you" from me. It's such a great resource.

I also use the wiki a ton and love the people who have helped me get the stuff that I've worked on updated (Or just straight up updated it before I got around to it) and keep it looking better than I ever would. Seconded on the big "thank you" from me. It IS a great resource.

~ Konacon
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 03:41 PM CDT
Seeing as to how you've now seen the error that I pointed out that was an issue with your table, and have now added your request to the existing ones (including mine that were made before the system was fully released) on the Officials, I'm not sure what your problem is.

The table was, and is still, correct. ASSESS is providing incorrect info and needs to be updated. I'm sorry you have trouble grasping mechanics but I'm not sure why everyone else has to wait for you to catch up before we can have correct info on the wiki.

You are the one who refuses to work with others and take sound advice

No I refuse to bow down to a tyrant. I'm sorry but when you say "My way or the highway" you can always expect some push back from me.

I will not stay up all night and affect my health to make a shop list. Good on you for contributing if you feel our updating is "too slow." Maybe our updating speed is strategy to "make sure we get our questions answered; release posts can be very iffy in terms of detail."

That is exactly why I contribute and will continue to do so. Nice attempt to twist your poor performance into a strategy though. I'd rather have iffy details that are fleshed out and corrected as we get more information available to everyone on the wiki than no information at all. Whatever, though apparently you've got the official mandate to bully non-mods now. I'll continue to contribute as I have and speak my mind.

The only person who should have a problem here is me for you being able to verbally abuse and harass me for doing my job without any real repercussions.

You haven't been harassed but you've certainly been told off. Sorry I won't just let you bully me into staying off the wiki entirely like you have with so many others.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 03:44 PM CDT
Adding my thanks as well for the amazing resource that is our wiki. I spend no time contributing or updating this but damn if I don't appreciate all the effort others dump into it.

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 03:54 PM CDT
The only takeaway I've gotten from official word (Wyrom) and official wiki mods is that my contributions aren't welcome. I haven't edited since the end of June and I don't intend to for the foreseeable future, no matter how many errors and typos or how much misinformation I see posted. It's not worth the headache at this point.

Any information I feel a need to share with the playerbase will be posted elsewhere.

I still haven't had confirmation as to whether or not my email was received; at this point I'm not sure it even matters.

Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 04:03 PM CDT
I make updates based on personal experience.
(i.e. I just killed a Stone Troll with a Bard spell, I'll update the Bard TD.)

And I also update for convenience and/or sensible order, but again that's based on experience (like trying to decipher why I'm seeing THIS order HERE while reading the items in THAT order THERE). If there's a sign (about inventory) in one order and a shop (actual) inventory in a DIFFERENT order... that's just ridiculous.
(i.e. sorting some Duskruin shop inventories into increasing order by price, or by "Tier unlocked" [0->1, 1->2, 2->3] rather than "alphabetically by name of certificate", or "sorting Ranger Ranged trinkets into the same order as the sign", or "by AsG #", are some recent examples that spring to mind.)
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 04:06 PM CDT

>Sorry I won't just let you bully me into staying off the wiki entirely like you have with so many others.

I welcome your contributions, believe it or not. I even complimented your efforts on the Duskruin shop list my last meeting and in emails to Wyrom regarding this issue. It is you who does not welcome my moderation or input, despite my experience in making thousands of updates. The only one bullying here is you.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 04:22 PM CDT

>The only takeaway I've gotten from official word (Wyrom) and official wiki mods is that my contributions aren't welcome.

>Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

Certainly not the case with me, I welcome your contributions. I have no idea what your issue with any mod might be. I am not privy to your emails to staff (as it should be). I have not seen you post anything on the Talk pages or Village Pump to communicate any problem with anyone. I saw you post when the whax doll page was locked down, but it was, like everything else, fully explained in detail why it had to be locked down for one hour. I have never tried to do anything but help you, including emailing you extensive logs of festival rooms whenever you have asked for them, so please help me here to understand what your anger is about.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 05:42 PM CDT
If my experiences editing the wiki in and prior to June (which I have written Wyrom about and was awaiting a reply to) hadn't convinced me not to bother working on the wiki, reading the discussions here and on the Elanthian Forums would have. Keith's bringing up the subject merely gave me the opportunity to inquire as to whether or not my email had been received, and if so, if it was being taken into consideration.

My issues have been explained in detail to those with the ability to act on them. Whether or not they choose to do so is not something I control or care to discuss. The only thing I have control over is whether or not I continue attempting to contribute to the wiki. Given that doing so brings me far more grief than satisfaction at this point in time I am unwilling to continue.

I appreciate your sharing your event logs; it is extremely helpful.

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 05:43 PM CDT
>>I use the wiki multiple times a day when I am playing and sometimes even when I am not playing just to look something up. Everyone who is involved in the wiki gets a big "thank you" from me. It's such a great resource.

+1

I tend to have the wiki up & ready when I'm playing, especially when I'm not playing Clunk.

~
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 05:44 PM CDT
>>Adding my thanks as well for the amazing resource that is our wiki. I spend no time contributing or updating this but damn if I don't appreciate all the effort others dump into it.

Yup Yup again.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 06:14 PM CDT
>>(which I have written Wyrom about and was awaiting a reply to)

I don't have any emails from you, but I do know aol.com email addresses routinely get marked as spam, which I'm pretty sure that's what you use. There is nothing in my spam from you though. I did have a message from you that was sent to my mobile device by aim, but there aren't any details in that to go off of.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 06:17 PM CDT
>If my experiences editing the wiki in and prior to June (which I have written Wyrom about and was awaiting a reply to) hadn't convinced me not to bother working on the wiki, reading the discussions here and on the Elanthian Forums would have. Keith's bringing up the subject merely gave me the opportunity to inquire as to whether or not my email had been received, and if so, if it was being taken into consideration.

>My issues have been explained in detail to those with the ability to act on them. Whether or not they choose to do so is not something I control or care to discuss. The only thing I have control over is whether or not I continue attempting to contribute to the wiki. Given that doing so brings me far more grief than satisfaction at this point in time I am unwilling to continue.

>I appreciate your sharing your event logs; it is extremely helpful.

I respect your privacy in the matter. As I am publicly criticized, I try to publicly address each and every complaint with specifics on what happened. If people want to throw hyperbole around, I will offer facts and specifics. Whether people agree with my specifics or not is another story and one I cannot control; it is on them whether they believe me or not. I simply cannot do that with your complaint, so if your complaint has anything to do with me, I cannot apologize if needed, and I am at a total loss as to why you had any issue whatsoever; your wiki editing history provides no clues, and the only instance in which we disagreed wholeheartedly that I recall is when I refused to continue working on lists at GSGuide due to coding malfunctions.

With that, I am done pushing you for details and will continue to respond to your requests. You know how to reach me.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/05/2017 06:56 PM CDT
>>I don't have any emails from you, but I do know aol.com email addresses routinely get marked as spam, which I'm pretty sure that's what you use. There is nothing in my spam from you though. I did have a message from you that was sent to my mobile device by aim, but there aren't any details in that to go off of.

For what it's worth, I just resent it from my gmail account.

Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 12:31 AM CDT
>The only one bullying here is you.

You can't bully someone who is in a position of power over you.

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 12:35 AM CDT

>You can't bully someone who is in a position of power over you.

the person has declared and acknowledged that I have no real power over anyone, then gone on to berate and harass me. The person has also written to feedback and supervising GMs about me, and has forced me to spend days answering questions to defend my positions, curtailing progress on the Wiki. So why don't you tell me who has power now?
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 12:37 AM CDT
My post X-posted from the new unofficials:

I think a big issue with this situation is the cognitive dissonance that takes place when people take the time to try to contribute to the body of knowledge of the community to often be met with criticism of their offerings. While this criticism is valid, it is given in a manner that is abrupt and perhaps lacking tact. Why this is the preferred method of those giving the corrections, I don’t know. A little bit of consideration for those attempting to help would go a long ways, but at this point it is clear it will not be forthcoming.

Getting over that fact is the stumbling block for many, including myself. I’ve been corrected multiple times, and very likely will be corrected many times more in the future. While I wish the dialogue was less confrontational, it is what it is. I’d like to see improvement on this front, but i’m pretty sure that the multiple threads on this topic have shown that it is not going to happen. I encourage everyone else to persevere as well, but I can understand the viewpoints of those who believe the effort isn’t worth the potential hassle.

I’m not sure what the solution is to this problem, but going forward, I hope something can be learned from all of these posts other than further discouragement for novice editors to try to give back to the community. At this point it doesn’t look like it, and that’s a shame.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 01:43 AM CDT
The issue of tact and thoughtfulness was discussed in the wizard forums awhile back and I believe a few folks responded with they were too busy to take the time to be more considerate and thoughtful in providing feedback and participating in discussions.

So ya, if anyone has the position that it takes too much time to be more thoughtful and considerate when giving feedback regarding others trying to participate in the community, you need to really reflect on whether you're fostering the kind of mutual respect and friendly environment that attracts newcomers and encourages growth or not.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 02:38 AM CDT

>AllenM20

On Plat storyline pages, which are our only Wiki-specific exchange, here are my emails to you. I'll keep your response private:

Message 1 July 7:

I am leaving for FL now, but I'll have my laptop with me. I can help you through the process, but what would be helpful, because storyline pages can go very long and are not a good type of page to start learning how to Wiki with, is to get the content ready first.

When you're done, email it to me (either Word doc(x) file or Google doc link is best) and we'll decide what sort of format it should have, and go from there.

In the introduction please specify it is for Platinum.

Thank you,
Vanessa

Message 2 July 19 after no response:

I should have some time through the weekend to help you if you're still wanting to do this, then I'll be away 2 weekends in a row, but if you're at Simucon I can help you there.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 08:35 AM CDT
>Honestly Wyrom, I would love to stop updating the wiki and leave it to the mods. The problem is they do a poor job. Merchant lists are not updated quickly enough to be useful to the general population. Mechanics changes are not updated in a timely manner. Platinum and Shattered specific information is non-existent from them.

Its got too official and as a result suffers from the same flaws in these areas that the old official web pages used to. Its just a whole lot more aggravating to players when its a player stopping you keeping the wiki accurate rather than on-site stopping GMs keeping the official website accurate.

>Worst of all the mods don't tweak and edit when they see something wrong, they remove and revert,

This is terrible practice. Reverting is essentially saying "you are a troll, go away" to the contributing player.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 08:46 AM CDT
@Vankrasn39

I'm pretty sure my reply was thank you for getting back to me but work and family were preventing me from working on the project.

It really hasn't gotten any better as I live in corpus christi texas and am currently dealing with the aftermath of the hurricane. While my family and home weren't severely impacted by the hurricane my work was and still is.

I do appreciate you taking the time to email me (I really don't check email which is why it took me a week or more to get back to you) but after asking around and doing a little research, I just didn't have the time to invest in that project.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 10:32 AM CDT

@allen

My point is that you are using an interaction that has nothing to do with the Wiki to pile on the complaints, as others are now doing. I am free to spend my time and share my opinions as I wish to as long as I abide policy. As soon as you asked specifically about how to contribute to the Wiki, I offered to help you, going as far as volunteering my vacation time that I spent with my family. You're right that there is little Platinum content, because I have added a majority of the content in the past 5 years, and I don't pretend to know anything about Platinum or Shattered. You asked for specific help, I offered it. If you want me to spend all of my free time elsewhere making mile long posts, or in the case of others, spending time engaging in conversations that I don't think are necessary, you have the wrong expectations of what my task is when it comes to the Wiki.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 11:07 AM CDT
I generally try to remind folks (and mostly myself) that we should all take the time to be a bit more considerate towards each other on the forums and what not. The wizard forum a few months could be pretty vitriolic. Many of the threads had hundreds of responses from a number of community members. I suppose you feel I was directly addressing you in this thread despite my post not directly addressing anyone. I just felt like chiming in as the post proceeding mine pretty much said the same thing in my opinion. Last I checked, this was a forum that anyone with a subscription could post on and join in on discussions.

Regardless of how ya feel, the perception exists. To be fair, I'm sure there are a bunch of folks that perceive you to be a generally friendly and helpful individual. You definitely can't please everyone all the time, nor should anyone realistically be expected to. I think you do care about others opinions otherwise I doubt you'd be spending so much time on the defensive. I try and conduct myself the same way I do at work. I might not really care about each person's opinion of me and there are also those that seem to take offense or issue regardless of how much effort you put into communicating in a calm non-aggressive manner when giving feedback or coaching. Anytime I'm made aware of a negative perception of someone's interaction with me though, I do try my best to make amends and change that person's perception of me into a positive one as my reputation is important to me.

Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 11:32 AM CDT

>Last I checked, this was a forum that anyone with a subscription could post on and join in on discussions.

yep, you share, I respond, that's how it works.

>Regardless of how ya feel, the perception exists. To be fair, I'm sure there are a bunch of folks that perceive you to be a generally friendly and helpful individual. You definitely can't please everyone all the time, nor should anyone realistically be expected to. I think you do care about others opinions otherwise I doubt you'd be spending so much time on the defensive.

If I cared so much about people's perceptions, I would change the way I behave and kowtow to everyone, but I don't, I'm very protective of my free time. I've spent so much time responding over the past few days because every situation is being generalized and I deserve the right to share my point of view and the specifics of each and every case publicly. I have also asked Wyrom to follow this closely and show him that the community is expecting me to be a 24-hour Simutronics customer care rep. That is not my task. The Wiki needs more support from the company, and me engaging in this discussion and getting to the bottom of each and every complaint is important to getting more help from staff to provide you and me with the help we need.

I take all of this a lot less personally than everyone else seems to. I do not address people the same as I do at work. You are asking of my time to write such detailed long posts, and I am free to say no. If you feel that direct means always aggressive, I cannot help you with that opinion. Again, none of that has to do with the Wiki.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 11:44 AM CDT
Alright everyone, let's not focus on each other and focus on the subject. If there are instances where you feel wiki moderation wasn't handled properly, please email it to me and CC GM Kaikala. This is all a work in progress, but try not to mix up opinions and feelings with what's actually happening.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 01:09 PM CDT
>So why don't you tell me who has power now?

You. You are the lead moderator.

One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 01:18 PM CDT

>You. You are the lead moderator.

since he complained, I will not moderate the pages in question, so no, I am not in regards to those pages the lead moderator, I have passed that responsibility on to Wyrom since dealing with person in question on the Wiki or anywhere else is not how I choose to spend my time. He came to me outside of any wiki pages or official channels and started harassing me with verbal abuse. Nothing he has edited since working around my lock down has been changed.

I am a volunteer and I choose when I want to deal with someone and when I do not, and pretty much anyone posting complaints will now be dealt with directly by staff, until Wyrom puts his foot down about my treatment, because I am tired of the abuse, or people unable to separate my wiki work and my opinions.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 01:54 PM CDT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Etiquette
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dispute_resolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Please_do_not_bite_the_newcomers

These aren't Simu policy but they're helpful to keep in mind when editing wiki pages.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 02:10 PM CDT
That last link is 100% spot on. Good sources, Zhouy1.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 02:45 PM CDT
>I am a volunteer and I choose when I want to deal with someone and when I do not, and pretty much anyone posting complaints will now be dealt with directly by staff, until Wyrom puts his foot down about my treatment, because I am tired of the abuse, or people unable to separate my wiki work and my opinions.

Noted.

Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 02:50 PM CDT
I'd think an official wiki would be moderated by staff, specifically for conflict resolution. Staff are trained for that sort of thing.
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 06:08 PM CDT
I'll be making some announcements after Kaikala and I have some time to talk about the recent situation.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Wiki Moderation and Management 09/06/2017 06:16 PM CDT
Wyrom,

I'm glad to hear that. I honestly have no idea what's happening over in wiki land. I don't really know the people on either side beyond what has been posted here. All I can tell is there is some sort of problem somewhere and I trust if it is looked into it will be sorted out. I just want the wiki to both be maintained in as good a manner as it has been and also be contributed by as many folks as it has been. I use that darn thing all the time.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Prev_page Previous 1