(exp & mana) Pulses, and Wikiquette 09/20/2016 01:44 PM CDT
How does one pose a question to the field about a page (like asking for corroboration or elaboration), as opposed to making an edit willy-nilly? I found the 'Talk' pages, but those seem to be more User-oriented than Subject-oriented.

So on that topic... I was looking at the 'pulse' page while I was replying to Drumpel over in Reim, and there are some extremely specific time mentions. Specifically, two points:
the time ranges of "92 to 152 seconds, on a multiple of 4"; and
that the experience(-only) pulse happens at the halfway point.

After they introduced the variability to pulses, what I thought had been explained to us (and what I thought I have been seeing) was:
instead of the flat "two minutes" that it had been, there was a random element of adding from zero to thirty (+0-30) more seconds, however, that addition happened after the mana pulse/before the experience only; and
the next cycle's mana pulse happens exactly 60s after the experience-only pulse.

(i.e. Once the experience pulse hit (whenever), you then knew precisely when the mana would come along.)

I will confess to not having sat there with a stopwatch timing the difference between the experience-only and the mana pulses, but since (with the Bard) I find myself looking at Spell Active a LOT (for Song timing, and to make certain I don't explode my head with PowerSong) that rule of thumb has been a pretty fair guide.
Re: (exp & mana) Pulses, and Wikiquette 09/20/2016 01:49 PM CDT

>I found the 'Talk' pages

those.
Re: (exp & mana) Pulses, and Wikiquette 09/20/2016 01:57 PM CDT
On the actual subject page?

Or talk on the user, referenced to the subject page?
Re: (exp & mana) Pulses, and Wikiquette 09/20/2016 02:02 PM CDT

>On the actual subject page?

this

>Or talk on the user, referenced to the subject page?

pages should not be signed
Re: (exp & mana) Pulses, and Wikiquette 09/20/2016 02:18 PM CDT
>>pages should not be signed

True, but sometimes a particular player's in-depth analysis is provided and that player can be mentioned by name. In those cases, I'd still use V's suggestion of the TALK page, but . . . I'd likely also reach out to the player directly via 'player@play.net'. The hitch is, sometimes it's the player, sometimes the character.

Doug