Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/14/2015 11:49 PM CDT
I'm not familiar with editing Wikis, but I'd like to help in correcting some errors in the Wiki that I see. Is this a good place to post corrections that need to be made to the Wiki so someone else can edit it or is there somewhere else I can post that info? Thanks
Re: Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/14/2015 11:55 PM CDT
If you log in you can edit any page.

Your login and password are the same as your play.net account.

If you are uncomfortable with that by all means posting here with your recommendations will get seen by someone who edits.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/15/2015 12:04 AM CDT
Well, the Evade page has a REALLY bad intro. Here's just the errors I see in it, there may be others...

<<Even if an attack is successful, evade still contributes to a character's overall defensive strength which acts to reduce damage from an attack.>>

I think they're confusing Dodge (which grants +1DS) with Evade.

<< The possibility of evading an attack is increased through training in the dodge and agility skills>>

I would love to train in the agility skill, alas, it doesn't exist.

<<, a character's intuition stat >>

The stat BONUS.

<< The chance of an outright evasion also depends on a character's agility/intuition skill bonuses, encumbrance.>>

Agility is not a skill, inuition BONUS, and missing a conjunction.

<< Also, weapons and bolts are harder to evade than melee attacks, even though there's a DS bonus against such attacks.>>

I don't think they realized melee attacks = weapons. And I'm not sure what they mean by the DS bonus, are they confusing Dodge with Evade again?
Re: Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/15/2015 07:53 AM CDT
I had some downtime in a hospital waiting room, so I tried to clean that section up. Editing a wiki isn't hard; I suggest you try some time. The preview button helps!
Re: Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/15/2015 08:00 AM CDT
Also, I included thrown on the list of things harder to evade since it seems to use the same systems as the other two attack types there (ranged/bolt) but I can't confirm that myself. Open to confirmation one way or the other.
Re: Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/15/2015 09:32 AM CDT
Are they actually harder to evade? Sounds like a confusion with parry. Parry DS and parry chance both go down. Dodge DS goes up, I'd expect evade chance to go up too.
Re: Posting somewhere so someone else can edit Wiki? 09/15/2015 10:41 AM CDT
>Are they actually harder to evade? Sounds like a confusion with parry. Parry DS and parry chance both go down. Dodge DS goes up, I'd expect evade chance to go up too - Rathboner

Not according to the official combat guide.

Evade DS bonus is increased by 50% against any ranged attacks (arrows, hurled, bolts). It is possible to evade ranged attacks completely, though the chance of a successful evasion is less than the chance against melee attacks.

Note the use of the term Evade DS in this paragraph.

Mark