Ambushing poison daggers 11/15/2017 09:30 PM CST
Does anyone know where these currently reside? Krakii? One of them means quite a bit to me, though I'd like to own both again if at ALL possible.

Futtilo
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/15/2017 10:09 PM CST
Krakii has one for sure and has been looking for a 2nd for some time now.

-- Robert

Damp deeply exclaims, "It's a wizard's locked project!"
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/16/2017 08:57 AM CST
I had a tremendous brainstorm late last year that I could solve the problem just by getting a splitter certificate... :)
...then I just had to solve the problem of needing what, 100k bloodscrip?

Yes, I have one (and recently burnt some PremiumPoints to kick it up from +5 to +10, so I should probably update the wiki-page again) and, as noted, am looking for another.

There was a young lady who recently posted (that's "recently" in KrakiiTime[tm], so "within the last 3-6 years") that she had two (?!?!?!?WTH?!?!?), so I emailed her, and nothing happened. Then like 3 months later she emailed back that she had forgotten about it, but still had both and--as of that time--had no plans to part with them after all.

She did seem fairly confident that they were NOT simply weapons with the noxious green gas swirling around it, which is the generic "poison flare", but rather the really tasty ones that we're all after.

Celtar had one, the last I heard, but I think it went with him into whatever degree of retirement he's at.

I believe GrieverX/the Nalfein Kitten had one or two (or just kept cycling through several) many years ago, but those were, I believe, all sold or traded away in the intervening time.
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/16/2017 09:00 AM CST
DateStamp == 28 June 2016, but that could just be "the last time I accessed it."

KRAKII/Krakii; +10; a long black steel dirk with a gold-studded hilt
DEKKUSU/Dextra; Kuaike Nagosidhe; +0, hasn't been enchanted yet; a sleek curved steel dagger; "There is very little that is overtly remarkable about this blade. Black leather wraps the simple hilt and a stylized scorpion stinger sits on the end of it. Plain steel forms the blade with an oblique curved edge, the point extremely sharp. The only odd thing about the dagger is the subtle discoloration around the edge, a sticky black film coating it."
FENIX825/Augie & hubby; Washee; +10; a half-melted black steel knife
DREAMSNOIR; Bloodthorn; +?; a slender blackened steel dagger

GRIEVERX3/Nalfein kitten; "I think the poison ambushers from the first FP belonged to Dex, Clintmire, and Augie. Clint was trying to sell his about a week before the second FP run. Four were released on the most recent FP. Of those I own two. I believe I saw Tolwynn and Drauz selling theirs a while back."
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/16/2017 02:27 PM CST
The splitting script was last offered in April. Base was 175,000 bloodscrip.

It wasn't offered in August and I don't think a dagger base would work to split. "Weapons must be substantial enough to make sense to be divided in half." (from the RtCF service). In addition, (for other projects) ranged weapons, runestaves and UAC gear will not work.

It also wouldn't work if that poison flare is really, or partly, a script.
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/16/2017 02:35 PM CST
Which it probably is, unfortunately. It certainly doesn't behave like any 'normal' flare.
(Only triggered from hiding, et cetera.)

I'm going to repeat my thought that scimitars, foils, rapiers, and epees should all be eligible for that, because... well, weenie-weapon. <nod>
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/23/2017 08:25 AM CST
Ive got the splitting sai, which is the brawling equivalent of a dagger and is the same weight I think.
Re: Ambushing poison daggers 11/23/2017 01:51 PM CST
Yep the initial Droughtman Maze releases seemed to allow any weapon base.

Later RtCF event service eligibility requirements seem to have applied to only larger melee weapon types.

But who knows next time as rules can change.