Morning Star 07/29/2012 07:16 PM CDT
Anyone happen to have a superior or perfect morning star laying around that he or she might be willing to part with? The metal does not matter much, though I would rather it were steel, Mithril, vultite, or ora so that the enchant would be a multiple of 5, since I plan to enchant it up. But that's not an absolute deal breaker. Let me know if you have anything.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Morning Star 08/10/2012 12:44 AM CDT
If you are still in need of a morning star I can get one forged up for you.
Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 01:19 PM CDT
>If you are still in need of a morning star I can get one forged up for you.

Well, I found an elegant one and am already 3/5 through the 5X enchant on it. So I am not desperate at this point. But this is something I plan for my paladin to use long-term, so it would depend on the price. What would you want for a perfect or superior one?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 01:49 PM CDT
Depends on the metal you want it made from. I'd say 1.5mil for steel and 4mil or more for vultite. For a superior one, material cost and 100k. If its below 4x I can do the enchanting for free if you want.
Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 02:41 PM CDT
>Depends on the metal you want it made from. I'd say 1.5mil for steel and 4mil or more for vultite. For a superior one, material cost and 100k. If its below 4x I can do the enchanting for free if you want.

Hmm. For a perfect one, I would have to go with the steel, I think--my paladin is only level 13, so he is still quite poor, and I am only willing to lend him so much from my other characters. So it depends on whether I want the extra mechanical bump for perfect or the appearance of a different metal and superior. What might the material cost for superior mithril be? (Mithril sort of suits the character). Mithglin also appeals to me, but I don't expect you have any slabs of that lying around (and if you do, I'd wager they are expensive). I'm okay on the enchanting--I have two enchanters myself. So I would consider either a perfect steel or a superior mithril or mithglin morning star, depending on the material costs for the superior ones.

--David

Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 04:03 PM CDT
Material costs for a superior mithril would be under 100k. Looking through my slabs, I only have a couple mithglin. I'd say 100k per slab is fair value but I wouldn't be able to promise a superior with that little. If you want I could ask around and see if I could scare up more slabs though.
Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 04:29 PM CDT
>Material costs for a superior mithril would be under 100k. Looking through my slabs, I only have a couple mithglin. I'd say 100k per slab is fair value but I wouldn't be able to promise a superior with that little. If you want I could ask around and see if I could scare up more slabs though.

Very good. Well, having thought this over a bit, since I do plan to use this weapon long-term, I guess I would be better off with a perfectly forged one. So I have one last question: what would your price be for a perfect mithril morning star? It's between that and steel, since I'm sure my paladin could not afford the mithglin. But he's a giantman, so the weight does not matter much. Mithglin would look nicer, but what does a giant care about that anyway? :) He just wants to hit stuff really hard, and steel or mithril will work for that.

--David

Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 04:33 PM CDT
I'd say 2mil for the perfect mithril.
Re: Morning Star 08/14/2012 04:52 PM CDT
Okay. I can come up with that. Let's go for the perfect mithril morning star. You can email my play.net with any further information.

I don't do forging, so I have no idea of how long this will take. I will not be available this weekend much because I am going on a trip starting Thursday, so if it is done that soon (and there is no rush), then I would have to wait until next week to do the pickup. But just let me know, and thanks for responding and working through this with me.

--David