Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 04:32 PM CDT

Only returned a year ago, so missed the last decades discussion about this...but as the owner of 2-3 pieces of voln armor...all on Voln Masters, is this armor now defunct or being absndoned as a project? I have only seen anything about unlocks for it at 1 event and the cost was 140k bloodscrip which is about 140mil silver? And that was followed by a GM post stating that voln armor certs were not returning. Understanding my attachment to these items is a decade outdated I'm just curious if it's 1) being abaonded in favor of new things 2) being retooled for some other kind of merchant events or 3) only intended for the Billionaires of Volnland and the rest of us should just buy 6x HCW armor instead ;p.

Honestly I was hoping there would be some attainable path for upgrading mine since I'm attached to the armor for voln role playing reasons I'd still like to dream. Lov d loved loved the idea a few pages earlier about unlocking it through some massive expenditure of favor but suspect that's a no go.
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 04:40 PM CDT

Both EG 2016 and the talador event 2016 had unlocks available to win.
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 04:42 PM CDT

It's been offered multiple times in the last 14 months or so.

Briarmoon Cove, DR as you mentioned, I believe A Midsummer's Night Festival, though I could be wrong on this, a time or two elsewhere I'm sure.
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 04:49 PM CDT
Maybe my timing is off but I didn't think they had a Briarmoon (heard it wasn't returning?)since I returned and I didnt see it last summer. Maybe it's just my luck or timing. Is the 140m/140kbs average for an unlock when they are available or was this price and an aberration?

And aside From me and I'm guessing Clunk...is. Ion armor still "a thing" that people are into?
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 04:54 PM CDT

the 140k BS cost was to take it all the way up to T4 without regard to what other properties the armor has. Other events are done differently and will only do one step at a time, sometimes only on armor that has up to a certain enchant/padding. It really depends.
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 04:57 PM CDT

Thanks that makes a lot more sense of the price to me then. Now to hope we have a more upcoming lower level unlocking events!
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 05:04 PM CDT
Voln armor wasn't around a decade ago. It debuted during RtCF in 2013.

It was in several EGs since, Festival of the Fallen, Briarmoon Cove, Duskruin and other events as mentioned.

That price at Duskruin was for a T4, the top tier which is meant to stay rare and unique.

As indicated in recent posts, perhaps future Duskruin runs will scale the cost down for lesser or singular tier upgrades, rather than a larger leap straight to T4 (with all the preceding benefits from possible multiple unlocks that come before it as well).
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 06:27 PM CDT
<<Briarmoon (heard it wasn't returning?)>>

It won't return in the same form. ROI was not worthwhile.

SGM Sleken
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 07:49 PM CDT
>>Lov d loved loved the idea a few pages earlier about unlocking it through some massive expenditure of favor but suspect that's a no go.

Now there would be a way to spike Reim orb sales and/or premium subscriptions... ;)
Re: Voln Armor status 05/01/2017 10:26 PM CDT

I'd go Reim my arse off with ya Leafi. And Roblar, as I said, I've missed 10 years and the discussions and develops in that time and still try and play the game much like I left it (hung up on old things)...not that my armor was 10 years old. It was all acquired since I got back, in my effort to get back into clothing and accouterments akin to that I had before I left. Sorry if that wasn't articulated well enough. But semantics aside, got the info I needed. Now to wait around for future merchant developments.

Thank ya all.
Re: Voln Armor status 05/02/2017 08:33 AM CDT
>3) only intended for the Billionaires of Volnland and the rest of us should just buy 6x HCW armor instead ;p.

Just buy 6x HCP instead. Unless you have a use for the extra shear fear resistance and at least T2 to get it, you are better off with unscripted armor. Not only does Voln armor use up the script slot on your armor, it prevents it being ensorcelled too, which is a major mechanical penalty.
Re: Voln Armor status 05/02/2017 10:14 AM CDT
>>which is a major mechanical penalty.

So, we all realize this. But I'm curious. How many players who have Voln characters drooling after ensorcellment? Especially when that drooling is signaling a break with Voln?

Peronsally - I'd like to see the requirement dropped from the armor. Then put it on the profession. Use the armor to put some rare ability that makes even non-Volners (of which there'd be a ton, now, amirite?) jealous and wanting to return.

Doug
Re: Voln Armor status 05/02/2017 05:48 PM CDT
<And Roblar, as I said, I've missed 10 years and the discussions and develops in that time and still try and play the game much like I left it (hung up on old things)...not that my armor was 10 years old.>

Also, welcome back!
Re: Voln Armor status 05/02/2017 10:47 PM CDT

My roi was awesome