Voln Armor 03/15/2017 06:11 PM CDT
Is there anyway to unlock voln armor outside of Events?

Second question; how do you tell what tier unlocked it is? Only through a bard or maybe a warrior assessment?
Re: Voln Armor 03/15/2017 09:58 PM CDT
>Second question; how do you tell what tier unlocked it is? Only through a bard or maybe a warrior assessment?

ANALYZE? I'm not sure if it does - I don't own any Voln armor.

I know ANALYZE can show what tier other items are unlocked at - though this is something the designer has to create for the item. Which is why you find items that are old (and even some newer items, though it's not very common from my experience) that lack info when you use ANALYZE.

-Drumpel
Re: Voln Armor 03/16/2017 09:16 AM CDT
No, unlocking is only done (rarely) at events.

Yes, ANALYZE will tell you the tier.
Re: Voln Armor 03/16/2017 11:50 AM CDT

I believe last year it was offered twice, at briarmoon and ebons gate. I believe they were all raffles.
Re: Voln Armor 03/16/2017 03:02 PM CDT
I believe I mentioned this other places, but there was a high end scrip shop item to fully unlock a set of voln armor to auction quality for ~140k BS. (the exact amount is on the wiki someplace) if that item returns to the scrip shop, that might be your best bet to get fully unlocked Voln armor.
Re: Voln Armor 03/17/2017 04:06 PM CDT
yes Analyze worked and It gets a blue beam at the AI crystal so I guess it's 5x. I'm playing around with whisper on/off for symbol of need but so far haven't found how to set that flag. Next time I die (which will probably be soon) I'll try to whisper it. If you know how to set this please let me know.

As for the Scrip is that a Duskruin thing?

>analyze coat
You analyze your steel-riveted coat-of-plates and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:

This armor has been designed to provide mechanical benefit to members of the Order of Voln. Some FLUFF verb traps are available to non-members, but unique abilties are bestowed ONLY on members. Due to its nature, the steel-riveted coat-of-plates will repel anyone converted to Luukos who attempts to touch it, as well as preventing usage to anyone wearing or holding Shadow Death, Black Ora Jewelry, or Rapture Cloak items. Furthermore, it CANNOT be ensorcelled, which is by design.

The steel-riveted coat-of-plates is currently TIER 2 and has the following options available:

* NON-VOLN, and VOLN MEMBERS *
Fluff: BOW, TAP, STARE, CLUTCH, and KNEEL

* VOLN-MEMBERS ONLY *
* DS flares against undead foes. Base chance to flare of 15%, +5% for Voln Masters, +5% for Voln converts. Amount of DS applied equal to armor enchant, min. of +10, max. of +50.

* +10 passive Shear Fear resistance against undead.

* Automatic Symbol of Need upon death - half normal favor cost. Must already possess knowledge of the Symbol. Toggled on/off with WHISPER.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the steel-riveted coat-of-plates for you.
Re: Voln Armor 03/17/2017 05:27 PM CDT
Blood scrip is a duskruin/bloodriven village thing. Make sure that the option you want, or something else, is in the high end scrip shop before gambling on it being there and buying a bunch of scrip or earning a bunch through simucoins.
Last impression I got from posts was that the high end scrip shop was going to see a potential major overhaul with what is being offered. The Voln armor fully unlocked may not make the cut of what returns.
Re: Voln Armor 03/18/2017 06:44 AM CDT
>yes Analyze worked and It gets a blue beam at the AI crystal so I guess it's 5x. I'm playing around with whisper on/off for symbol of need but so far haven't found how to set that flag. Next time I die (which will probably be soon) I'll try to whisper it. If you know how to set this please let me know.

From the anaylze it should just be WHISPER COAT, (and then there should be a message that tells you whether its now on or off).

You need to do it before you die, if you do it while dead you'd just be changing whether or not it got used next time you died.