Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/13/2016 12:38 PM CDT
This get changed recently? One used to be able to Symbol of Seeking to Varunar from Fasthr's Lance in Solhaven, but not so much anymoreski. I hope it's just a bug/oversight!

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/13/2016 09:57 PM CDT
Are you using an alt that might be too low level to get there? It definitely still works. Just did it now:

[Fasthr's Lance, Yard]
Bordered by a well-maintained but spartan lawn, the training yard's hard riverstone tiles lead up to a whitewashed stone tower. Moonlight creeps through the branches of a weeping willow tree bending over the eastern half of the courtyard, which is severed from the street by a stygian steel gate. Numerous training dummies with battered bodies litter the yard, posted on solid oak stakes.
Obvious paths: none
>sym seek
Your vision is pulled away from you...
[Ruined Courtyard]
A small simple marker has been placed here, and it sits within a tiny garden that stands out amidst the decay of the courtyard. A few timeless roses bloom within the patch of soil, eternal in their grace. There is something clearly magical about this spot.
Obvious paths: south, west
You blink, and your vision returns to you.
[If you wish to teleport to that location, enter SYMBOL OF SEEKING CONFIRM within the next 30 seconds.]
>sym seek confirm
Your surroundings blur into a white fog . . .
[Ruined Courtyard]
A small simple marker has been placed here, and it sits within a tiny garden that stands out amidst the decay of the courtyard. A few timeless roses bloom within the patch of soil, eternal in their grace. There is something clearly magical about this spot.
Obvious paths: south, west

Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/13/2016 11:40 PM CDT
Hrm, the ruined courtyard is Bonespear. Varunar would in the past drop you off at the Approach room.

Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/14/2016 07:30 AM CDT
I've used SEEKING from the Landing to Varunar in the past, but I don't recall it ever being an option from Solhaven.
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/14/2016 10:07 AM CDT
>Hrm, the ruined courtyard is Bonespear.

Oh, right. All those haunted places start looking the same after a while.

In the year+ I've been back, I don't think Varunar has been on the list for seeking.
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/16/2016 11:08 PM CDT
Solhaven never had access to Varunar through Seeking (the Landing did, though). That being said, Varunar from Solhaven is not unreasonable, so I've added it to Solhaven's destinations too.

I've also added the Red Forest to the Landing, the Displaced Red Forest to Vaalor, and the Frozen Brambles to Icemule.

Coase
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/17/2016 01:03 AM CDT
Awesome, thanks for the quick update/additions.
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/17/2016 05:57 AM CDT
MY WORD. Well I never. THANK YOU COASE!

Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/17/2016 07:51 PM CDT
Thanks for adding these!

That being said, if Seeking from Illistim to the Displaced Red Forest is unreasonable, then perhaps only Vaalor should offer bounties there, not both Vaalor and Illy.
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/18/2016 02:41 AM CDT
>That being said, if Seeking from Illistim to the Displaced Red Forest is unreasonable, then perhaps only Vaalor should offer bounties there, not both Vaalor and Illy.

There was an issue where the bounty system was mixing up the black boar bounties shortly after release, assigning the Vaalor ones in Illistim and vice versa. That has since been fixed.
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/18/2016 09:10 PM CDT
>There was an issue where the bounty system was mixing up the black boar bounties shortly after release, assigning the Vaalor ones in Illistim and vice versa. That has since been fixed.

That would explain it. Thanks!
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/22/2016 07:39 AM CDT
>Are you using an alt that might be too low level to get there?

Just a curiosity on this point. Is there a level-check on Symbol of Seeking for most locations? I didn't think so. I had noticed the War Room in the RR Citadel didn't have Symbol of Seeking set in the lich mapdb, so I decided to add it. However, realizing it was possible for go2 to calculate the fastest route to certain areas outside the Citadel was to Seek into the Citadel and leave, I did some clever tricks with the timeto setting so that this would never happen -- specifically to avoid go2 Seeking young characters into the Citadel, where they would surely meet their demise if any creatures spawned.

Anyway, maybe I did a bit of overkill on updating the mapdb to add Seeking into the Citadel. I actually inferred this problem might have been the reason the War Room was omitted from the mapdb, which was why I considered the issue carefully.
Re: Symbol of Seeking/Castle Varunar/Solhaven 08/22/2016 10:16 AM CDT
There is for the Cavern of Ages.

And if you are grouped with someone too young, they stay behind.