Voln, the EN, and Seeking/Return 08/11/2016 06:02 PM CDT
I'm hoping someone wouldn't mind looking at the state of Voln in the EN. Specifically, I'd like to look at two of their signature abilities.

(I've said my piece a few times about wanting access to undead that a capped character can learn from, and undead past level 76 that are available at all times of day, so I'll just leave that be for now.)

Symbol of Seeking:

Especially in light of the teleportation changes, I think this should be revisited.

You can't seek to the Red Forest, despite the undead there. Teleporting into the warped tree sprits ring would be helpful and make rescuing bodies there a little less miserable. I could see concerns about this making travel between the two cities too easy for Voln members, and while it would bypass the bridge on the Ta'Illistim side, there's still the fog to contend with when leaving the Forest, and the oak tree later on. A gold ring is far more convenient.

For OTF, transporting from both cities into the West Woods to fight lich qyn'arj would also be nice. And yes, this would definitely speed up the trip from Ta'Vaalor to Ta'Illistim, at least in terms of RT-wise. But you have to contend with running through a near-capped hunting area to do so, and it's only a one-way shortcut. Again, a gold ring is faster and easier.

In both cases, both Ta'Illistim and Ta'Vaalor give bounties for the area, so I don't think the request is too out-of-line. You can seek to Nelemar, bypassing a rough skill check and a bunch of swim time, and to the entrance of the Rift.

Symbol of Return:

Symbol of Return's ability to fog an entire group is one of Voln's signature powers. When OTF was first released, removing the group aspect was an interesting twist for a new and dangerous hunting area.

Now, OTF isn't exactly new, and the "new" Sigil of Escape makes Symbol of Return look straight-up worse in comparison. If it was allowed to take groups, you could at least use it to save a hunting parter who's close to death (rather than fire it off out of habit to save them and leave them behind to get slaughtered).

It wouldn't help a ton with rescuing, since bringing a body to the cottage is usually moving it farther from the barrier rather than closer, and both constructs and qyn'arj along the way prevent dragging. If this happens, the landing room in the attic might need to be updated to allow dragging. I've never had reason to try it there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's an issue.
Re: Voln, the EN, and Seeking/Return 08/11/2016 11:42 PM CDT
<You can't seek to the Red Forest, despite the undead there.>

The same is true in the Landing. If I'm not misremembering (which I very well could be), someone mentioned that they were waiting a few months before enabling Seeking to take folk there when I posted in another folder about it. Something about allowing them to work out kinks in the new area and giving folk time to experience the entrance puzzles first.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Voln, the EN, and Seeking/Return 08/12/2016 09:30 AM CDT
>Something about allowing them to work out kinks in the new area and giving folk time to experience the entrance puzzles first.

Entrance puzzles? If there's more to the entrance than "go fog" until you get through, then I'm curious to know more.
Re: Voln, the EN, and Seeking/Return 08/12/2016 11:08 AM CDT
<If there's more to the entrance than "go fog" until you get through, then I'm curious to know more.>

I'm the wrong one to ask, other then attempting to get there with Seeking, I have been too lazy to find the place yet. That plus there have been fewer folk in minotaurs since it opened so I've been content to hunt them.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.