Kai's Smite feature? 06/09/2016 12:33 PM CDT
Could we get a feature added to Kai's Smite so that undead that decay quickly (Spectres and the like) will not decay quickly but with the normal decay?
Or post pone the normal decay method until smite wears off?

Hazado
Re: Kai's Smite feature? 06/10/2016 03:02 AM CDT
I think it's a nice combination of a good mechanical feature with the right flavor for the symbol. This would be nice for the combat-version of Phase as well. Sheepishly, I can't say I tested it since as a sorcerer as long as channel incant is off, looting is quick business!

My way of thinking about it is that the spell or effect might wear off when they die, but it might take a short time for them to reform into their non-corporeal state. So, their first action round after death transforms them back, and their second action round makes them decay. In that sense, it would not be a perfectly 'normal' decay. What do you think about that modification to the idea? My eyes cross a bit when I think about a non-corporeal phased dead undead creature and intuition is slightly at a loss...
Re: Kai's Smite feature? 06/10/2016 07:59 AM CDT
Don't smite if you want to loot. Its not only likely to take longer to make the kill than bleeding the critter out, it makes it MUCH harder to time the kill right for looting. Running 506 is the only reason I can think of for using smite rather than bleeding it out if you are solo.
Re: Kai's Smite feature? 06/10/2016 04:43 PM CDT
>Don't smite if you want to loot.

Yeah but isn't this counter-intuitive? "Don't use that ability for the only thing it's good for...because it has other problems."