Undead Cemetaries 02/13/2016 09:10 AM CST
Any chance we could get some undead cemetaries like the GOS warcamps? Is it possible to use the GOS template and change it up to work for voln? I think this would be a pretty fun addition to the game and to voln.
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/13/2016 09:46 AM CST
They could be sites of old battlefields or unmarked mass graves from some genocide or another as well. I think there are many ways to justify the existence of the instanced hunting grounds, it's just a question if there is a desire amongst staff to make it happen.
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/13/2016 07:33 PM CST

>>They could be sites of old battlefields or unmarked mass graves from some genocide or another as well. I think there are many ways to justify the existence of the instanced hunting grounds, it's just a question if there is a desire amongst staff to make it happen.

The chronomages have upset the balance of the timeline, so that occasionally temporary rifts or portals to Shadowguard (and other undead incursions from history: Ubl, Elstreth, Barrets Gorge, Maelshyve) where the undead are gathering.

Or the portals themselves appear, and can only be closed with veil iron weapons (like at Vaalor and Illistim). If left too long, the undead gather and begin sieges on the towns.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/13/2016 08:02 PM CST
I thought some kind of hidden necromancer lair would be neat.

V V V V V

https://twitter.com/gs4_tahminarre
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/14/2016 07:02 PM CST

Some of these ideas would be neat as part of tests on a masters path to grandmaster for Voln.

But then, we'd also have to have places for each Grandmaster to be Grandmaster of.

(dibs on Zul)

Clunk

Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/15/2016 12:37 PM CST
This would be great for voln. However, I wouldn't change the stepping process. I would make this available to Masters of voln. There are so many possibilities you could do with the undead. If the hunting party dies, the undead have a chance to leave the area and make their way towards the nearest town entrance. Or if something goes awry during the undead seeking process, a currently living hunting area has the potential for undead versions of the same critter to spawn for the next several minutes. Imagine some undead kobolds and wind witches, fire rats ect.. popping up as a result of trying to locate the area.

Voln members could receive special messaging in game letting them know that undead have been found in the area. Example, A cold breeze begins to whirl though the area, the convective currents causing tree limbs to bend and sway. As the winds begin to die down, you hear the faintest cry of a wailing dirge, it's somber falsetto echoing in your ears. Anyway, this would be a killer addition to the game.
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/16/2016 09:25 AM CST
I absolutely love this idea. Being able to have a warcamp like hunting area for Voln would be great on several fronts. It would help break up constantly doing Adventure Guild tasks, create a stable method for gaining favor during and after reaching Master, and allow Voln members to have a like-level hunting area no matter where in Elanthia they decide to call home!
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/16/2016 10:21 AM CST
I don't have a strong opinion about this one way or another, but it does raise a lot of questions for me. Whether any of these points are enough to sway opinion I doubt.

Is the undead gap intentional? If it's intentional this unreasonably by-passes that design.

Is the ability to spawn warcamps meant to be unique to GoS? This would definitely weaken the power of GoS relative to Voln I believe.

Is there something more interesting to do with Voln besides mechanically ripping off a concept from another society? This proposal is unimaginative at a base level.

Does CoL become even more out-dated as the only society unable to spawn hunting grounds at will? What would be proposed to balance the field wrt to CoL?

How much will the relevance of easy-to-access-hunting continue to be relevant after all the Chronomage updates are put in place? This proposal seems poorly timed.

Having a character I really like as a master of Voln and presently living in River's Rest, I would enjoy such a system being implemented from that respect. However, I expect the above criticisms would largely need to be addressed and considered before the proposal can move from more than a pipe-dream to something realistic.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Titles 02/16/2016 12:31 PM CST
Voln titles would be awesome.
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/16/2016 01:29 PM CST
Good thread but not a new request/suggestion. I'd say it comes up every year or two since 2009ish or even earlier. Its usually tied to the undead gap in some way or exclusive hunting and expansion of areas. It died down some maybe since sanctum of scales (sos) will have mid-90 undead outside of it per teasers.

I think warcamps are intentionally left to gos and will remain so even though the cemetary ideas fit the structure of the camp idea and its cool.
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/16/2016 08:06 PM CST
Here's my proposal, for Voln masters. We bank tons and tons of favor. What if we could expend that favor to summon an incredibly nasty undead enemy, an epic encounter. Make it so that Voln masters can form a party to take out these foes and the favor cost is taken from the leader, you don't need special environs. Create a room at each of the monastaries that acts as the location for the epic encounter, non Voln members can't enter, do not let Symbol Favor be the reward. Let these be the rewards that give us Master Favor, which we can use for titles, premade Voln armors/weapons, upgrade pre-existing T1 to T2-->T3--->T4. Make the

Examples:
10,000 Symbol Favor: Ghoul Lord
25,000 Symbol Favor: Vampire Count
50,000 Symbol Favor: Bone Titan
100,000 Symbol Favor: Zombie Dragon

This keeps the Warcamp aspect unique to GoS, gives Voln theoretical end game content, while rewarding players for service and lets us use up the millions of favor we have banked. With a change like this though, I'd kick everyone back to 1/10 of their stored favor to a max of 100,000, so you don't have guys with 80,000,000 favor able to summon tons of epic encounters right off the bat.
Re: Undead Cemetaries 02/18/2016 06:51 PM CST

>>What if we could expend that favor to summon an incredibly nasty undead enemy, an epic encounter.

Just follow Clunk around ... he thinks those are the sort of undead that hunt him.

Clunk