Symbol of Recall Buggy 12/27/2013 07:30 PM CST
This isn't the first time this happened to me, but this time I managed to save the details to post...also bugged in game.

A triton radical rushes forward at you with her bronze scaling fork and attempts a charge!
[Roll result: 132 (open d100: 72)]
A triton radical lunges at you with a crushing charge and you flip through the air, landing on your head with a crash!
... 20 points of damage!
Attack punctures the eye and connects with something really vital!
The white light leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.
You notice your blood flow go back to normal.
You lose your extra internal fortitude.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
You become solid again.
You sense that you are losing control of a sinuous deep indigo abyran'sa and will need to send it back soon.
You feel your extra strength departing.
You feel your extra magical awareness leave you.
You feel less confident.
The dim aura fades from around you.
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The air calms down around you.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around you.
The layer of protection fades away.
You return to normal color.
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
You feel less confident than before.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The misty halo fades from you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

blah blah...back to town and found a cleric after putting symbol of recall up and....

Cleric gestures at you.
Moisture beads upon your skin as Cleric's eyes cloud over with the darkness of a rising storm. Power builds upon the air, causing the dead hair upon your arms to rise, and as Cleric utters the last words of her spell you hear the rumble of thunder in her voice. The rolling sound ripples upon the air and collides with your chest an instant before a brilliant flash suffuses you with raw spiritual energy.

Magical assistance is recalled to you as you feel the power of Lorminstra waxing!
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
You feel less confident.
You feel the preservation on your spirit fade.

for some reason, bravery, thurfels, and spirit guard faded AGAIN...rather than being recalled. Note...they did fade on death, so it wasn't like the corpse was somehow wearing those spells.

--Jurp
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 12/30/2013 07:59 PM CST
Recall is firing too quickly so its not giving time for the spell strip on raise to happen first. It happened to me last time I used Recall as well.
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 12/31/2013 08:26 AM CST
>Recall is firing too quickly so its not giving time for the spell strip on raise to happen first. It happened to me last time I used Recall as well.

yeah, except those spells were already stripped when I died...my corpse wasn't wearing any spells. There shouldn't have been anything to strip.

--Jurp
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 12/31/2013 09:08 AM CST
>yeah, except those spells were already stripped when I died...my corpse wasn't wearing any spells. There shouldn't have been anything to strip.

You get stripped again on raising, and Recall had already put 3 of yours back up before the stripping occurred. It should have waited until after the strip, so you only lost preservation, but because it came in too early you lost some of what Recall put back up too.

When you are raised with Recall, the raising triggers a total strip plus Recall putting back up what fell at death. The bug is that those aren't synced properly and some of what Recall puts back up is getting caught by the strip.
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 12/31/2013 06:48 PM CST
>When you are raised with Recall, the raising triggers a total strip plus Recall putting back up what fell at death. The bug is that those aren't synced properly and some of what Recall puts back up is getting caught by the strip.

ah yeah, forgot that the first thing it throws up is the foreign stuff before it starts pulsing with the 1 cast of everything you know. Brain cloud.

--Jurp
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 01/11/2014 12:56 PM CST

You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.

Magical assistance is recalled to you as you feel the power of Lorminstra waxing!
You feel less confident.
You feel your extra magical awareness leave you.
You feel a slight tingling as the shimmering field fades away.
The dim aura fades from around you.
You recall a piece of your own magic as the power of Lorminstra continues to wax within you...
A light blue glow surrounds you.
>

please fix this...it's irritating.
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 01/14/2014 09:48 AM CST
My latest use of Recall

3 spells were taken down as soon as they were put up, but preservation (self cast Voln variety) stayed up until it timed out rather than dropping on raise

You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.

You become solid again.
You return to normal color.
You feel your extra strength departing.
SP>
You recall a piece of your own magic as the power of Lorminstra continues to wax within you...
A light blue glow surrounds you.
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 07/06/2014 11:05 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure that I finally tracked down and fixed the issue with Recall. Someone please post if it happens to them again -- unfortunately I was never able to actually duplicate it in my own testing, which means I also couldn't test to verify that it was squashed. I'm pretty certain I found where it had to be happening, though.
Re: Symbol of Recall Buggy 07/08/2014 03:55 PM CDT
>I'm pretty sure that I finally tracked down and fixed the issue with Recall. Someone please post if it happens to them again -- unfortunately I was never able to actually duplicate it in my own testing, which means I also couldn't test to verify that it was squashed. I'm pretty certain I found where it had to be happening, though.

I hope you are correct and appreciate the effort. That bug was very annoying.

--Jurp